• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Picnic Side Dish Ideas for Hot & Humid Weather

In summary, some easy picnic side dish ideas for hot & humid weather include fresh fruit salad, pasta salad with light dressing, chilled cucumber and tomato salad, watermelon feta skewers, and chilled shrimp and avocado summer rolls. These dishes can all be prepared ahead of time and are suitable for outdoor events. They do not require any special ingredients or equipment, and substitutions can be made based on personal preferences or dietary restrictions.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I need to think of a side dish to take to my class reunion next Saturday. It is an afternoon picnic. And it is HOT AND HUMID here..so I need to think of something that will not spoil too easily. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Do you have the new Cool and Serve Square Tray? It would fabulous to use that--deviled eggs, dips and chip, or whatever!

Could I do like a cold taco dip in the one side of the Cool and Serve..using one of the dip trays..then do chips on the other side? Would that work. Does that make sense?

Sure, and it will look great!

Ok..Great..that was easy..LOL. A lady at work gave me a really easy Taco dip recipe today too..so that is what I will do..Thanks..LOL.

chefheidi2003 said:
Ok..Great..that was easy..LOL. A lady at work gave me a really easy Taco dip recipe today too..so that is what I will do..Thanks..LOL.

Would you care to share the taco dip recipe? I love taco dip and I'm all for "really easy"! :D

Aun said:
Would you care to share the taco dip recipe? I love taco dip and I'm all for "really easy"! :D

Sure..she said that it is equal parts..Cream cheese..sour cream..and Salsa..mix them together..that is your base layer..put that in serving dish and refrigerate..

then top with anything you want..peppers..onions..cheese..lettuce..tomatoes..anything else that you can think of that you think would be good..and put it on top.

What are some easy picnic side dish ideas for hot & humid weather?

Some easy picnic side dish ideas for hot & humid weather include fresh fruit salad, pasta salad with light dressing, chilled cucumber and tomato salad, watermelon feta skewers, and chilled shrimp and avocado summer rolls.

Can these picnic side dishes be prepared ahead of time?

Yes, all of these picnic side dishes can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to serve. This makes them perfect for picnics, as you can simply grab and go without worrying about last minute prep.

Are these side dishes suitable for outdoor events?

Yes, these side dishes are perfect for outdoor events as they are light, refreshing, and do not require any heating. Plus, they won't spoil easily in hot and humid weather.

Do any of these side dishes require special ingredients or equipment?

No, these side dishes do not require any special ingredients or equipment. Most of the ingredients can be found at a regular grocery store and the preparation is simple and easy.

Can I make substitutions to these side dish recipes?

Yes, feel free to make substitutions to these side dish recipes based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free pasta for the pasta salad or substitute the shrimp with tofu in the summer rolls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • HealthNut
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
HealthNut
Replies