• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shows on Personal Facebook Vs Pampered Chef Facebook

In summary, Facebook hosts can put their shows onto Facebook either through their personal profile or their business page. If the hosts do it through their personal profile, then only the invited see what is posted. If the hosts do it through their business page, then everyone who has "liked" the page sees all the posts for every party.
naekelsey
Gold Member
How do you put your shows onto Facebook?

If I do them my PC Facebook then everyone who has "liked" my page sees all my posts for every party because you can't make them private. So they may see 4 or 5 things of the same thing. Yet, they are on my Facebook page instead of my Personal Facebook.

If I do them on my Personal Facebook then I can make the parties private (when the hosts agree with that) so only the invited see what I post. Yet, they are now on my Personal Facebook instead of my PC one..

You want to do them through your Personal Profile. You're able to do things a bit more personally that way. Be sure to make one of your posts on the event about why they should follow your Facebook Business Page. You don't have to add everyone who responds as your personal friend, and you can always un-friend the host after the show if you like.

Thank you..

Just what Rae said. We debated this at our meeting, but when I go home and posted to the party that I had just set up on my business page, I realized that the post went public and they would be seen by every person that had liked my page.
It would make scence that you would want it from the business page but until facebook fixes that little issue of the event being public, it is best to do it from your personal page.

I've chosen to do them on my business page. Got a lead that way too. Someone who went to the HO page, didn't see anyone that she liked, got on Facebook and said I was the only page she found who looked like they were actually working. I have too many on my personal page as it is. Not really interested in adding every host and some of their guests too. But each person just has to do what works best for them. I don't put the host's address or last name on my events. I just put "Jill's house" and let them get the info from the host if they don't know where she lives.

Sheila. How to the people respond to seeing the same thing several times in a day? Do you put something on your page saying sorry? I would much rather prefer putting them on my PC FB

I don't do all of that either. LOL If it's a fundraiser, I generally post a daily update on where they are with their sales & how much they've earned for the fundraiser on a daily basis, but I don't like being harassed every day on events, so I'm too hard headed to do it to my hosts & customers too. I check every day & answer questions and usually do a reminder 3 days before the end & then again on the last day. So basically, it's not an issue for me. ;)

Great to know. Do you post something on your actual PC Facebook apologizing to all the people who have '"liked" your page because of all the same posts they will see.So if you have 4 parties going on at once, your PC FB "like" people will see 5 posts of the same thing every day

I don't do posts on my FB shows every day. So it's not an issue for me.

I might be wrong...it happens frequently, but I would think the people who liked your page would be very frustrated with this. Not only that but won't they complain to other potential customers and then facebook shows would get a bad rep in the community?

I dont "do FB", but it seems to me that if someone has liked a BUSINESS page, they should not be surprised to get posts related to your business. And if you are giving tips, recipes, and useful things, even apart from the event specific details, they might actually like that! i would.I do get that being an event for other people, it might be frustrating, but I certainly wouldnt want to have to add those people to my personal pages either.

You do know you only have to friend the host, don't you? And you can unfriend her after the show..

Sorry, just saw that you don't do facebook....moot point.

I just went & looked. The posts being made on an event on a business page go on the event only, not on my FB business timeline. FB e-mails it to everyone invited to the event who's not yet declined, but it shouldn't be hitting the walls of every single person that likes my page unless it's something that I actually take the time to post on my business timeline too. So if I post a link on my business timeline that the fundraiser is closing today, it would show up in the newsfeeds of everyone who "likes" my page & who has the status set to see my updates in their news feed. Anything I post on the event itself, is only sent as an alert (via e-mail from FB, not me) to the ones invited to the event.

My boy friend and my daughter (& other people) "liked" my PC FB & they were getting all the posts I was making to the parties & my wall. An invite wasn't sent to either of them for any of the parties.

For those that use your personal fb, do you say anything on the parties to get them to "like" your PC fb?

That's weird! Was it recently or a while back that they were having that issue?

Naekelsey, I do. I say, "If you've enjoyed the hints, tips, recipes, and such I've been sharing, be sure to like my Page [link]."

Actually, I got a tip from someone on chefsuccess to post a recipe picture on the event with a link to your business page, telling them for the recipe, they can check out your business page. It's been working for me, but then again, I've only done two facebook shows.

Thank you for the ideas! Sheila, recently about 2 weeks ago. I have since started doing shows on my personal page. The only posting that was showing up on my page was the 1 I posted on my page but everyone was seeing all of them.I have liked another consultants page and I see all of her posts for her parties also... As another consultant I know what is going on so it doesn't bother me at all.

That's so weird. I asked my hubby tonight ... he said he sees what I put on my wall, but he's never seen the posts on events. I recently did a fundraiser where I did do daily updates showing where the sales were & what the organization had earned thus far. He said he didn't see any of those.

One more question, I promise!! :)I have a couple of parties that have closed & would like to recommend my page for them to "like".Does it sound weird to say something like "If anyone has any questions or concerns since you have received your orders, please feel free to ask me. Also, if you've enjoyed the hints, tips, recipes, and such I've been sharing, be sure to like my Page [link]."I will start doing the recipe thing now with my shows....

Sheila, is he receiving notifications from your page? If he doesn't have those turned on he won't see them.

Make sure that you are marking your parties as "Invite Only" when you create the party on FB. When I forget to do that, it shows up as a recent activity and anyone can see when I create it and post in it.

so reading kelli's post above is making me think that is what I should do, make the parties as 'invite only' the reason I didn't was because I was told if someone happened upon the show because it was a public event they could invite even if they didn't know the host. When I post a tip in one show I post in them all and tonight my sister told me she was getting everything, so now I am thinking if she is getting the same post from each show so are others. probably everyone is getting frustrated with me. .... does everyone else make all the events private?
Can we go back in and change it to private?

oh, one other question. Do we have to be a friend with the host to be able to make them the host? When ever I type in the host's name it never shows up unless I am already their friend.

She has to "join" the event before you can make her the host.

I also don't have the problem of everyone seeing every post. Only the people invited to the event are seeing what I post on the event.

1. Can I use my personal Facebook page to host Pampered Chef shows?

Yes, you can use your personal Facebook page to host a Pampered Chef show. However, it is recommended to create a separate Facebook group or page specifically for your Pampered Chef business to keep your personal and professional accounts separate.

2. How is a Pampered Chef Facebook show different from a regular show?

A Pampered Chef Facebook show is hosted online through a Facebook group or page, while a regular show is typically hosted in person at a physical location. Facebook shows also allow for a wider reach and can be more convenient for both the host and guests.

3. Can I sell products during my Facebook show?

Yes, you can sell products during your Facebook show. Pampered Chef has a feature called "Shop the Show" where guests can browse and purchase products directly from the show. You can also provide links to your personal Pampered Chef website for guests to make purchases.

4. How do I invite guests to my Pampered Chef Facebook show?

You can invite guests to your Facebook show by creating an event on Facebook, sending personal messages, or posting on your personal and/or business pages. You can also ask your host to invite their friends and family to the show.

5. Do I need to be tech-savvy to host a Pampered Chef Facebook show?

No, you do not need to be tech-savvy to host a Pampered Chef Facebook show. The company provides resources and training on how to successfully host a show on Facebook. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for tips and assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lacar602
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
marystell1
  • Roadtripray