• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Show on the Last Day of the Month, Want to Submit That Night

In summary, if you have a show and you want to put it in this month, you need to pay for it with a credit card. If you are moving, you may not be able to do this and may have to "lose" the show. You can still do the show, but you may have to let the host know earlier so they can collect orders.
britishchef
I can only do that if all orders are paid by credit card, right? Or if I cover the order with my personal funds and hope and pray that no-one's check bounces?

I have a show on the 30th and I really want to put it in this month because I think I may well earn an extra SS bonus. Due to moving I may not be doing all that much next month so I don't want to "lose" it... KWIM?

I already told the host the 2nd for closing but I may call her and explain the situation, she is really nice and knows we're moving etc.

I would maybe make it sound more like it is because of the move. Some hostesses might get irritated to rush around to try to close(especially if they think they might have outstanding orders) when they think it is just for financial gain for you.

BritishChef: You can do it just like any other show and won't have a problem. And the checks should clear in time before they debit your account. I usually tell my hosts in order for everyone to get their specials the have to close the last night of the month at the latest. I have only submitted it in the next month a handful of times. If you let her know now, she should have enough time to collect orders. Let me know how it works out!

I close all my shows by the last night of the month. If their show is late in the month (which they ALWAYS are!!) then I tell them that they need to collect outside orders ahead of time so we can close that night.

OK, so as long as I can get the checks that night and deposit first thing Monday AM I will be OK? Actually I noticed PC didn't take the money from my first show (8/31) until 9/13! Do they do that in order to give you time to get the money?

Maybe. I noticed they usually take at least a week. They have been tending to debit after my hosts have received their boxes.

My payment usually comes out 10-14 days after I submit the show. I think you will have plenty of time to make sure the payment is good!

britishchef said:
OK, so as long as I can get the checks that night and deposit first thing Monday AM I will be OK? Actually I noticed PC didn't take the money from my first show (8/31) until 9/13! Do they do that in order to give you time to get the money?
They do take awhile to debit your account, but I've had checks bounce WAY after a show, after the money has been taken out. It just depends on how long the banks take to process the check. So, even if you close that night and get them into your account ASAP, there's a chance a check could still bounce. I've had that happen and my bank charged me a fee because of it. So, when it's happened (only about 3 times in my 3 1/2 years with PC), I've charged the customer the fee from my bank when she writes another check. Although if it happens, I ask her to send me a cashiers check. So far I haven't had a problem.

To avoid this all together, encourage people to use a credit card or debit card. This gets processed right away (once the show is submitted) and the show will get put on hold if something is declined. If you're worried about someone's check bouncing or if your bank doesn't have any kind of program that will temporarily cover the money for a bounced check, just announce at the end of your show that you prefer credit cards. Good luck!

If a check bounces, jus ask the host to not distribute those products until you collect the funds.

And, if a show goes on hold due to a credit card, if it isn't addresses right away, you won't get the bonuses. I had it happen once... I handled it in time, but when the woman at HO said, "And you're ok now for your monthly sales and incentive.::eek: If that we're the case, I would have had them debit my account and collected the money myself. Nothing will keep me from the bonus!

pamperedbecky said:
They do take awhile to debit your account, but I've had checks bounce WAY after a show, after the money has been taken out. It just depends on how long the banks take to process the check.
I've never [woodknocking] had a check bounce. [/woodknocking] I prefer credit/debit cards but I feel a whole lot better about accepting a check that has a high number. When a check has a number higher than 3000 on it, the account holder is pretty stable. When you see a check with a number like 104, that's the time to sweat. (New accounts start at 101.)

Lately, I've been getting more and more cash. That's a surprise and I hate carrying a lot of petty cash to a show. Ah, but cash also makes it a lot easier to encourage rounding up to the next even dollar. Folks seem a lot more amenable to rounding up to avoid the coins.

I would have the guest write their check out to the hostess, then have the hostess write one check out to you. Most people won't give a friend a "hot" check. Unless I know the guest, I always have them write it to the hostess for that simple reason.

soonercheflisa said:
I would have the guest write their check out to the hostess, then have the hostess write one check out to you. Most people won't give a friend a "hot" check. Unless I know the guest, I always have them write it to the hostess for that simple reason.
That's the theory. In practicality, I think most of us relieve the host of that repsonsibility in order to make it as easy for her/him as possible. The easier you make it for a host to hold a show for you, the easier it is to get bookings.

All you need to do is call the phone number on the check (or find the 800 number for the bank on http://www.anywho.com/tf.html) and verify funds. They will ask you for the account number and how much the check is written for. If they say yes, deposit it. If they say no, call the customer.

KG- When I opened my account I chose what number to start my checks at and I chose 2000, so that theory doesn't always work. Also, I don't use many checks, mostly for paying bills, but that doesn't affect how good my checks are. I gladly take checks from anyone, and have only had one bounce my entire time with PC. She was really embarrassed and apologetic. Also, it had been 3 WEEKS from when I deposited it to when they mailed me something saying it bounced, so you never know.

I too have the guests write to the host for the same reason of them not bouncing to someone they know...they likely want to avoid the embarrassment. And the good thing is, I've had hosts who liked being able to put that amount on their cc then and get their airline pts or whatever program they have!

P.S. Though I did have one host who was honest and told me she wanted them to go to me as she's bad about getting to the bank. I obliged her, and lucked out with only having 2 checks and the rest all cash or CC!

gilliandanielle said:
KG- When I opened my account I chose what number to start my checks at and I chose 2000, so that theory doesn't always work. Also, I don't use many checks, mostly for paying bills, but that doesn't affect how good my checks are. I gladly take checks from anyone, and have only had one bounce my entire time with PC. She was really embarrassed and apologetic. Also, it had been 3 WEEKS from when I deposited it to when they mailed me something saying it bounced, so you never know.
I started my last checking account at 3001 (my TPC account, actually) to get the appearance of having been doing this for awhile.

The average bear doesn't know that - they also don't know they can have checks printed by someone other than the bank. (My private account has Rocky & Bullwinkle on the checks!)

Related to Show on the Last Day of the Month, Want to Submit That Night

What is the "Show on the Last Day of the Month, Want to Submit That Night" promotion?

The "Show on the Last Day of the Month, Want to Submit That Night" promotion is a special offer for Pampered Chef consultants and hosts. It allows hosts to earn additional rewards by holding a party or show on the last day of the month and submitting their orders that same night.

How do I participate in the "Show on the Last Day of the Month, Want to Submit That Night" promotion?

To participate in this promotion, you must be a Pampered Chef consultant or host and hold a party or show on the last day of the month. You must also submit your orders that same night before the end of the month to qualify for the additional rewards.

What are the benefits of participating in this promotion?

By holding a party or show on the last day of the month and submitting your orders that night, you can earn additional rewards such as free products, host credits, and discounted items. This can help you maximize your earnings and rewards as a Pampered Chef consultant or host.

What if I am unable to submit my orders on the last day of the month?

If you are unable to submit your orders on the last day of the month, you will not be eligible for the additional rewards. However, you can still hold a party or show on the last day of the month to earn the regular host rewards and benefits.

Can I combine the "Show on the Last Day of the Month, Want to Submit That Night" promotion with other offers or discounts?

No, the "Show on the Last Day of the Month, Want to Submit That Night" promotion cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Only one promotion or discount can be applied per party or show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
FeliciaD
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies