• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Reach Out to My Co-Presenter for Conference?

I
Inomiamenda
Ok, so you guys know I am nervous ( excited but still) nervous about being a first time workshop presenter at Conference.
So! I have been trying to get in touch with my co-presenter person to coordinate. We HAVE to have the outline turned in by June 4.
I got a hold of her once, on the phone, and she was listening to the conference call playback. I sent her an email the next day and she sent one back going on about how she doesn't have much time to focus during the day because she has 4 year old twins and then she doesn't talk on the phone after 9 because her husband and kids go to bed so they can get up early yadda yadda. AND she is so busy because she does 4 or 5 shows a week ( ok which personally I think is a bit insane if that is every week, because, really? where is there any balance?) But whatev.
So I reply and say wow! I can relate. I am a high school teacher by day. I also have 4 kids- 2 of which are MY 4 year old twins. They are girl/boy and turned 4 on March 29. When were yours born?
You know, trying to make conversation ,establish something in common, blah blah blah. And I also mentioned that my husband travels - he was in fact in Arizona that night- and so I know how difficult it can be to find time to do anything extra. My suggestion was that we schedule an appointment with each other so that we had some time blocked off of our calendars. Really I think we could knock out a lot within 30 minutes. It's not rocket science, I just want to be coordinated and have a freakin plan!
I gave a couple of suggestions- guess what response I received ( 4 days later..) Zip. Zilch. Nada.
Seriously? No one is THAT busy and I guarantee you she is no busier than I am, unless you are incapable of taking charge of your own time. I hope you guys know I am venting and not heartless or not an understanding person, but that is ridiculous.
I was venting about it to my director last night and she suggested that I email Judy Joel and let her know what is going on.
So, do I do that? Do I really want to take it to that level and be a whiny rat or give her a few more days?
What would you guys do?
Thanks for reading and for your suggestions.

JMHO but I would do see what your Exec. Director might suggest. Personally, I know I am busy but I also see that I can hide behind the word "busy" sometimes too. It can be avoidance sometimes as well. It is not fair to you and maybe HO or your ED can help you see what can be done on your end. The nervousness is enough to deal with..you don't need to go into not sure of what the other person is or isn't going to do.

Let us know...and good luck!

Thanks Ann!
My director is also my SED. She is in her 2nd qualifying month for NED ( WHAHOOO!!) so she is about as high up in my upline as one can go.
She said that if this lady flakes and doesn't even end up going to conference that she will fill in, which is pretty cool.
I guess that is what bugs me about the whole thing. I feel like the busy is an avoidance on her part.. so why not just say, "I'm not going to do this?"
Thank you.

I would definitely contact Judy. Your credibility is on the line as well!!!

beckyjsmith said:
Thanks Ann!
My director is also my SED. She is in her 2nd qualifying month for NED ( WHAHOOO!!) so she is about as high up in my upline as one can go.
She said that if this lady flakes and doesn't even end up going to conference that she will fill in, which is pretty cool.
I guess that is what bugs me about the whole thing. I feel like the busy is an avoidance on her part.. so why not just say, "I'm not going to do this?"
Thank you.

Oh that is great that your director is that far up! I second Colleen's recommendation...call Judy.

I know the "I'm too busy" situation. There are times when yes, we can all get to that place and sometimes just one more demand on us makes us feel like we are going to crumble. Unfortunately, I find that sometimes I have to make sure that I do not use the "too busy" for too long of a time. I can paralyze myself and become totally ineffective in all aspects of life if I let it go on too long. And I have a feeling that being a moral human being...I may not be the only one who does this!

She may be paralyzing herself in the same way. So instead of trying to figure out what truly is going on with her...I think that you are showing great insight to what will happen if this continues to go on. Just remember how YOU want to come across to your audience and then this will help guide you into a great presentation. But certainly, all the work should not fall on you. As we all know, when we hear 2 consultants speak on the same subject, they bring their own perspective to it and that helps those who are in your workshop gain more for their business.

When you get up there, think about one fact. You know more about the subject you are talking about than a majority of your audience. And those who you feel know more, either need to hear it in a different way or need to hear it again. Not just for their own business, but to help others in their downline as well.

I just wish I was in Track A so I could cheer you on!!! :party: I would miss my Track B people though too!!

1. Should I reach out to my co-presenter for conference?

Yes, it is important to communicate and coordinate with your co-presenter in order to have a successful and organized presentation at the conference.

2. When do we need to turn in our outline?

The outline needs to be turned in by June 4, so it is important to reach out to your co-presenter as soon as possible to discuss and finalize the outline.

3. What should I do if my co-presenter is not responding to my emails or calls?

If your co-presenter is not responding, you may want to consider reaching out to a higher authority, such as the conference organizer or director, for assistance in coordinating with your co-presenter.

4. Is it appropriate to email someone else to address the issue with my co-presenter?

If you have tried to communicate with your co-presenter and they are not responding, it may be appropriate to reach out to someone else for assistance. However, it is important to remain professional and not come across as "whiny" or confrontational.

5. How can I effectively communicate with my co-presenter?

Scheduling a specific time to meet or have a phone call may be helpful in coordinating with your co-presenter. It is also important to be understanding and considerate of their schedule and responsibilities, but also assertive in getting the necessary tasks done for the presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • finley1991