• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Get a Medium or Large Stoneware Bar Pan?

In summary, the conversation discusses the decision between getting a medium or large stoneware bar pan, the benefits of using a stoneware bar pan, its proper care, and its safety for use in the oven. Ultimately, the size choice depends on personal preference and needs, and stoneware bar pans are known for their durability, even heat distribution, and non-stick surface. They are not suitable for stovetop use, and proper care includes avoiding metal utensils and sudden temperature changes.
Bexs50
I am looking to buy one of the stoneware bar pans but am not sure which size I should get? Medium or large...which do you think I will use more? Which pan is called for more in pampered chef recipes?

I have all three and the large is the one that I use the most.

I second the large stone. We use it all the time!

LARGE!!!! I use it all the time! Pancakes, bacon, chicken, fries, EVERYTHING (oh, don't forget the brownies ;) )

The LARGE!!! I tell my guest that is the FIRST stone you should purchase. You will get a lot of use from it!

I use my large one all the time so I highly recommend the large. LOL

i use my large one the most - it was my very first piece of Pampered Chef anything - EVER. I bought it at my very first show I attended back in 1999!

I have TWO large bar pans, and I can use them both at the SAME time in my oven, and that's what I LOVE! When cooking frozen foods (chicken tenders, fish sticks, pizza roll-ups, French fries, tater tots, etc)...dinner is done quickly and at the same time with both stones full.

I use the small in my toaster oven daily for my kids. But I also use the Large for family cooking more than the medium!

I use the large pan the most as far as show recipes go. I also have 2 of them. But like Heather, I use my small pan in my toster oven daily (I had to spring for 2 of them too). I LOVE THEM!
Valerie

1. Should I get a medium or large stoneware bar pan?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and needs. The medium bar pan measures 11" x 7" and is great for smaller portions or for individuals with limited storage space. The large bar pan measures 15.5" x 10.5" and can accommodate larger portions or more food at once. Consider your cooking habits and kitchen space when deciding which size is right for you.

2. What are the benefits of using a stoneware bar pan?

Stoneware bar pans are known for their durability and even heat distribution, which results in perfectly cooked food every time. They also have a natural non-stick surface, making them easy to clean and maintain. Additionally, stoneware is microwave and oven safe, making it a versatile tool in the kitchen.

3. Can I use my stoneware bar pan on the stovetop?

No, stoneware bar pans are not suitable for stovetop use as they are not designed to withstand direct heat. They are intended for use in the oven or microwave.

4. How do I care for my stoneware bar pan?

To maintain the quality and longevity of your stoneware bar pan, it is important to properly care for it. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the surface, and always allow the pan to cool before cleaning. Use a mild detergent and non-abrasive sponge to clean, and avoid soaking or submerging the pan in water. It is also recommended to season the pan before first use and periodically thereafter.

5. Are stoneware bar pans safe to use in the oven?

Yes, stoneware bar pans are safe to use in the oven as they are designed to withstand high temperatures. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot pan in cold water. This can cause the pan to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcjodih