• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Get a Cookware Set with 5 or 7 Pieces?

In summary, the Tabitha thinks about getting the 5 and 7 piece set, but ultimately decides to get the 7 piece set because of the skillet. She also recommends getting a Consultant Host show this month in order to get both sets 60% off.
tabnat80
Gold Member
I am thinking about buying the cookware this month with my commission. I was just wondering if I should get the 5 and 7 piece set or just one of those? Also, what other executive piece can you not live without? I have the grill pan and am wanting to expand my set. Thanks!
Tabitha

Have you thought about hosting your own show and getting both at 50% off?

But, if I had to choose between the two, I would pick the 7 piece set because of the skillet, which you could use to demo some of the recipes at your shows.

I love my 7 peice set, it has more useful pans and they all get used alot. I also have the 12" skillet and lid and the double burner griddle. I am getting my grill pan this weekend, it was the only peice I didn't earn during POR last fall that I really wanted.

I have the 5 pc and the 12". If you can only do one I would say the 7pc. I thought the 5 pc was better sizes but after cooking with them I really wish I would have done the 7pc. My SIL has both and I have looked at hers and like them better - then you wouldn't need the 12 because the 10" skillet is so similar. You'll love it!

PChefPEI said:
Have you thought about hosting your own show and getting both at 50% off?

But, if I had to choose between the two, I would pick the 7 piece set because of the skillet, which you could use to demo some of the recipes at your shows.

Host your own show THIS month and get them at 60% off!

Don't forget that April is Kit Enhancement, so you can get a set 40% off then. You can't get both, because it'll be over the $500 retail limit. But you can get one of them.Also, if you can put together a Consultant as Host show this month, you can get both sets 60% off.

hperschnick said:
I have the 5 pc and the 12". If you can only do one I would say the 7pc. I thought the 5 pc was better sizes but after cooking with them I really wish I would have done the 7pc. My SIL has both and I have looked at hers and like them better - then you wouldn't need the 12 because the 10" skillet is so similar. You'll love it!
I love both the 10" and 12" skillets, they have their own uses. Plus I like that the 7 peice set comes with the 8 qt stock pot.

My vote would be for you to get the family size Executive skillet and lid.
(If I could only own one peice of cookware...this would be the one!)

Then, look at the 5 pc and 7 pc set. What pans do you currently own that you use all of the time? Pick whichever set "matches" the sizes of what you use now!

I have the 7 pc exec, 12" skillet, Stir-fry & lid (fits both), 8" saute.

I totally vote for the 7 pc if you're getting a set. Otherwise the family skillet.

I earned the 5 piece SS throught Pan o Rama... love it, but would like a bigger "stock pot" type pan for soup shows. That being said, I would vote for the 7 piece set. Either Exec or SS, you can't go wrong.

I do have the Exec grill pan and the Exec 12 inch skillet, and both are extremely useful. If I didn't have the Exec 12 inch, I would definitely get the SS, but that's just me.

Like I said, whichever you can afford, but the idea of gathering up some loose orders and submtting your own show and getting whichever for 60% is the way to go. I am doing that for the new spring/summer products, gathering up some pre-orders now, and will submit a show on March 1. That way with the free product I can get some of the things I didn't earn.

Well, I am getting them at 60% off for a show that I got together as the consultant as the host show. I just didn't know if I wanted to get both the 5 and the 7. Still don't know if they are very similar or not. The pans that I have are crappy. I got them 5 years ago when I got married and they are flaking off black crap, so I really need a good set. I'm so excited. I just don't know if getting the 5 and 7 piece is necessary. I know if I get only one, I'll get the 7 but just didn't know if i should get both. Humm... still unsure.

Do you have the 12" skillet yet? I HIGHLY recommend getting that, because you can really wow people at shows with skillet cakes. And if you're getting it at 60% off now, then it is a truly worthwhile investment.

I got the 7 pc Exec set through Pan-O-rama in Sept. LOVE THEM!!! I also love my Double Burner Griddle. Pancakes, bacon, sausage, cookie sheet with handles, grilled cheese sandwiches, LOVE IT!:love:

No, I've only got the grill pan. It would be nice for shows, but I'm really wanting the cookware to use at home more than the shows. I rarely use cookware at my shows.I do take 2 pieces (the grill pan and the ss 8") to my shows. Do you think the 12" would be good for cooking at home too?

chefann said:
Do you have the 12" skillet yet? I HIGHLY recommend getting that, because you can really wow people at shows with skillet cakes. And if you're getting it at 60% off now, then it is a truly worthwhile investment.

7 piece w/ 12" skillet

7 piece set w/12" skillet

tabnat80 said:
No, I've only got the grill pan. It would be nice for shows, but I'm really wanting the cookware to use at home more than the shows. I rarely use cookware at my shows.I do take 2 pieces (the grill pan and the ss 8") to my shows. Do you think the 12" would be good for cooking at home too?

Very much so! Like I mentioned, if I could only have ONE PAN...that would be the one I would have! It is normally on the stove (in use) or in the sink (being washed) For home cooking I use it tons...hamburgers, chicken breasts, fried chicken, hamburger helper, browning ground hamburger...you can do FIVE POUNDS at once, the list goes on and on. This is a great pan to take to shows (find the Lisa Amblo how to sell cookware talk) and sell as your "try me piece" instead of the small saute pan. You can do skillet cakes...and many if not all of the main dish demos that call for cookware.

BTW- when I am cooking up ground beef, I do 5# in there, dump it into our large collander and rinse off with hot water, then bag up to freeze. 2 cups of cooked ground beef is about what one pound equals out to.

Put 2 cups into a quart freezer bag, press out most of the air, then "squish" flat so it freezes evenly...not to mention it stacks nicely in the freezer then.

When you want a quick meal, pull out a bag of precooked beef and defrost! Tacos, meat to add to spaghetti sauce, Hamburger Helper, you name it!

KellyTheChef said:
Very much so! Like I mentioned, if I could only have ONE PAN...that would be the one I would have! It is normally on the stove (in use) or in the sink (being washed) For home cooking I use it tons...hamburgers, chicken breasts, fried chicken, hamburger helper, browning ground hamburger...you can do FIVE POUNDS at once, the list goes on and on. This is a great pan to take to shows (find the Lisa Amblo how to sell cookware talk) and sell as your "try me piece" instead of the small saute pan. You can do skillet cakes...and many if not all of the main dish demos that call for cookware.

That is our motto in NY - we are lucky enough to have the cookware queen in our area!!

I just got my 12" skillet today from FedEx, and I am SOOOOOO excited about it. I bought a brand new set of pots and pans three years ago, and since I can't justify replacing them all when they work perfectly fine, I went with the 12" skillet...I can use it for shows, and replace my big ol' skillet that I got eight years ago (it's in pretty bad shape). I got it for $50 as one of the 60% off items this month! :) Is it terribly sad that I'm THIS excited about a pan?

I can't live without my 12" Exec. Skillet. I use it almost every day! I love my entire set of Exec., but that is the one I use the most. Let us know what you end up getting!

Most definitely!
tabnat80 said:

I have all the executive pans except the stir-fry pan, I use my 12" skillet the absolute mostest! Followed by my baby stockpot and large stockpot, love love love them.

If you get the SS pans make sure you get the cleaner, one consultant I know used it on her pan and got it clean, which she was unable to do until this product.

Ok. I think I am getting the 7 pc and the 12". Yall have me sold on it:). One more question. Which size skillet do you use to cook 2 fried eggs at once? I don't see a basic short skillet like I've been using.

bump...bump

There is a 10" saute' pan.

Kodeysmom said:
There is a 10" saute' pan.

That's what I would use for eggs. I use the 8" saute pan for 1 or 2 eggs, and the 10" saute pan for omelets or fried eggs. HTH!

Yes, thanks so much. I just realized that the 10" is on the spring order form at 1/2 off!

7 peice set and the 12-inch executive skillet! These are a must! If you demo the 12 inch, you WILL sell it! and you will get bookings so people can buy it for 1/2 price or earn it for free!:thumbup: :) :sing:

tabnat80 said:
No, I've only got the grill pan. It would be nice for shows, but I'm really wanting the cookware to use at home more than the shows. I rarely use cookware at my shows.I do take 2 pieces (the grill pan and the ss 8") to my shows. Do you think the 12" would be good for cooking at home too?[/QUOTE]
YES!~ I find myself buying extra meat so that I can cook it all at once and then freezing meals, which is a major time saver!

tabnat80 said:
YES!~ I find myself buying extra meat so that I can cook it all at once and then freezing meals, which is a majoy time saver!

tabnat80 said:
YES!~ I find myself buying extra meat so that I can cook it all at once and then I freeze meals, which is a major time saver! You know the whole "power cooking" show idea!

1. Should I get a cookware set with 5 or 7 pieces?

It ultimately depends on your cooking needs and preferences. A 5-piece set typically includes a saucepan, skillet, sauté pan, and stockpot, while a 7-piece set may also include a smaller saucepan and a second skillet. Consider the types of dishes you frequently cook and which pieces would be most useful to you.

2. Should I get the 5 and 7 piece set or just one of those?

If you have the budget and storage space, it may be beneficial to invest in both sets. This will give you a wider variety of cookware to work with and can be useful for different types of meals. However, if you are limited on budget or storage, choose the set that includes the pieces you will use most often.

3. What other executive piece can you not live without?

This will vary for each individual, but some frequently used executive pieces include a Dutch oven, baking sheet, and casserole dish. These pieces can be versatile and useful for many different types of dishes.

4. I have the grill pan and am wanting to expand my set. Are there any other pieces you would recommend?

Some other useful additions to your cookware set may include a wok for stir-frying, a roasting pan for larger cuts of meat, and a set of mixing bowls for baking and food preparation. Again, consider the types of dishes you frequently cook and which pieces would be most useful to you.

5. Is now a good time to buy the cookware set with my commission?

This is ultimately up to your personal financial situation and priorities. Consider if you have the budget for the cookware set and if it is a necessary purchase for your cooking needs. If you have the means and have been wanting to expand your cookware set, then it may be a good time to make the purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tropicalburstqt2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • c00p
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lt1jane