• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Buy a Rolling Case for Pregnancy?

tool-turn-about tote and my Rolling Case. I also have a red tote bag for my dirty dishes that I use when I have to haul them into the house with me.The rolling case is HEAVY when full, and I'm no weakling.I have all three pieces to the set, the rolling case, show to go bag, and the tool turn-about bag. The rolling case is heavy, even when it is heavy, but the thing that I found out is that when my host seems me coming they are always willing to help me out. Last night at my show my hostess insited that her Dh help me out to the car he even loaded it for me. I am not pre
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I was thinking of purchasing the rolling cases....Especially the big one! I'm almost 2 months pregnant and I just don't want to be carrying the heavy bags anymore! If you have it, is it worth it? Or would a regular wheeling carrier be just fine? I'm wondering if I should spend the money on it?! I have Pampered Chef dollars I could use...so it wouldn't be out of pocket...but still trying to decide if I want them?
I could use any suggestions or ideas ;)

I have the rolling case and I only use it for fairs and places I know that I won't be dealing with stone driveways and stairs. The rolling bag is heavier than the crates so consider that when thinking about the locations of your shows and getting it in and out of your car.

That rolling case is HEAVY!!! I think you would be better off with several smaller bags that will be lighter.

I loved the idea of mine when I first got it, but in reality, it sits in my office most of the time.
1. It's heavy to begin with, and then when you load it up, it's very heavy

2. Alot of my shows, I didn't have clear cement/sidewalk for rolling it, and would end up carrying it anyway (especially in Winter & Spring w/ snow/mud/rain on the ground!)

3. Some of my shows are in Walk-up Apartments or Tri-Levels, and it was also a big pain to haul it up & down steps all the time

I only use it now for Open Houses and Booths and things like that.

I carry everything I need for my show in 2 Carry-All's and also have my little basket for dirty dishes.

I got one of the rolling carts from office depot or something...it is a big pain!!! I prefer the black carry bag.

Wow, I'm surprised so many people don't like it. I wouldn't be able to fit all of the stuff I bring for shows into a smaller crate or carry-all! I have the whole 3-piece set, but tool-turn-about tote and the rolling case are the most useful.

I use my rolling case for most shows. I always ask, though, if there are lots of stairs. If so, I switch things out to several smaller cases.

Since you are asking because you're carrying a precious bundle, I would hesitate to recommend the rolling case. It is a bit heavy, even empty (though lighter without the "organizing" insert). And, you will need to lift it in and out of your vehicle, up any stairs, etc.

My suggestion is to bring along a strong, willing helper. Got a friend or family member willing to help you out until after the blessed event?

ChefBeckyD said:
I loved the idea of mine when I first got it, but in reality, it sits in my office most of the time.
1. It's heavy to begin with, and then when you load it up, it's very heavy

2. Alot of my shows, I didn't have clear cement/sidewalk for rolling it, and would end up carrying it anyway (especially in Winter & Spring w/ snow/mud/rain on the ground!)

3. Some of my shows are in Walk-up Apartments or Tri-Levels, and it was also a big pain to haul it up & down steps all the time

I only use it now for Open Houses and Booths and things like that.

I carry everything I need for my show in 2 Carry-All's and also have my little basket for dirty dishes.

Same here. I liked having it at first but lately I've just been taking a red crate, the tote bag (and I put my TTA in case in that bag) and my dirty dish container.

The rolling case is HEAVY when full, and I'm no weakling.

I have all three pecies to the set, the rolling case, show to go bag, and the tool turn about bag. The rolling case is heavy, even when it is heavy, but the thing that I found out is that when my host seems me coming they are always willing to help me out. Last night at my show my hostess insited that her Dh help me out to the car he even loaded it for me. I am not prego YET.... but I do have back problems so when someone ask me if I need help I am always quick to say yes. So my vote is for the case..... jsut ask for help :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the New Consultant Tote. I earned it by recruiting in January and I now use that instead of my Rolling Case. I also have cut down on the amount I bring to shows. It's so much easier and my sales haven't suffered one bit!

I now bring the New Consultant Tote, my Carry All Tote, my TTA Case, and then if I need it, a briefcase bag with paperwork and my laptop.

I couldn't live w/o my show to go case!

I don't feel that the rolling case is heavy. I have a hard time fitting everything in it. Maybe I just need to zipper out the dividers. I also have the other two bags. I like that I can get everything in in one trip. The only bummer is that the rolling case does not fit in my trunk. I have a 4 door Neon. But maybe it is easier not to lift it out and over like from the trunk.

dannyzmom said:

Me too! I have all 3 pieces and love them. I had the OLD rolling case (that fit the old wooden crate :eek: Now, THAT thing was big and awkward!!)

I'm really surprised at how many people don't like it. I don't think it's heavy. I don't have the insert in it (actually forgot about it until it was mentioned above :)) I'm pretty short and have to lift it into the back of my van.....not a big problem.

If you are pregnant or have a health issue that makes lifting difficult, I wouldn't hesitate to ask the host if someone at the house will be able to help you carry your things in. You could probably even offer an early guest something for helping (free shipping, etc)

DebbieJ said:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the New Consultant Tote. I earned it by recruiting in January and I now use that instead of my Rolling Case. I also have cut down on the amount I bring to shows. It's so much easier and my sales haven't suffered one bit!

I now bring the New Consultant Tote, my Carry All Tote, my TTA Case, and then if I need it, a briefcase bag with paperwork and my laptop.
Me too! It's so easy to carry and looks so nice too.

DebbieJ said:
I almost earned one for free, and missed it by 3-4 days. Anyway, I saw one, and I have a few questions.

Does it collect a lot of crumbs or dust or little pieces of things in the bottom? The red crate lets them fall out, but the one I saw looked like it would collect all little things from the show. Is it machine washable?

Also, does it collect hair and dust. For instance, if I have it at a show and a cat or dog lives there, am I going to have hair stuck to it? What if the cat rubs against it?

Thanks.

DebbieJ said:

Is the new consultant tote available to buy? Is that different than the show to go case?

TIA

I have the old style one and I love it....ALTHOUGH it does get VERY heavy. Even more so because I think it is easier to over-load it then it would be to overload crates or bags. That being said when my case finally dies....and believe me it is in the golden years of it's life(lots of stairs have not been kind to my beloved), I will invest in the newest style.

The lesson I wish I could learn is to bring less stuff but thus far I have yet to embrace that idea.......

dannyzmom said:
True 'dat! :D

I am considering buing the carry all tote b/c I bought the tta tote and LOVE it. How did I live w/o it or the TTA for that matter? I took my woven selections tray that I earned my first ss month in Nov and noticed it got damaged just going to 2 shows in the crate. AHHHH... will PC replace it? I earned it free so not sure.

That aside, my director does the most clever thing--she gets a collapsable (wow I'm bad at spelling) laundry bag--the kind they have for dorm rooms that are stylish but all cloth (they bend up to a cloth circle) and she opens it puts a plastic bag around it and uses that for her dirty dishes.

MGG said:
I took my woven selections tray that I earned my first ss month in Nov and noticed it got damaged just going to 2 shows in the crate. AHHHH... will PC replace it? I earned it free so not sure.
It doesn't matter how you got your product. The guarantee is the same! (Well, unless it was through the outlet.)

Just tell them how you earned it so they can look it up and they will do the replacement.

1. Should I buy a rolling case for pregnancy if I already have a regular suitcase?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and needs. A rolling case specifically designed for pregnant women may have features such as extra padding, support, and organization compartments that a regular suitcase may not have. If you are experiencing any discomfort or difficulty carrying a regular suitcase, a rolling case may be a good investment.

2. What size of rolling case should I buy for pregnancy?

The size of the rolling case you should buy depends on how long your trip will be and how much you will need to pack. It's important to keep in mind that as your pregnancy progresses, you may need to pack more items such as maternity clothes and pregnancy essentials. You may also want to consider a rolling case with expandable compartments to accommodate any additional items you may need to pack.

3. Are there any specific features to look for in a rolling case for pregnancy?

Some key features to look for in a rolling case for pregnancy include extra padding and support, adjustable handles, and organization compartments. These features can help provide comfort and ease when traveling while pregnant. You may also want to consider a rolling case with a detachable day bag for added convenience.

4. Can a rolling case for pregnancy also be used for other purposes?

Yes, a rolling case for pregnancy can definitely be used for other purposes such as traveling with young children or as a carry-on for work trips. It's a versatile and durable option that can be used for many different purposes beyond just pregnancy.

5. How do I maintain and clean a rolling case for pregnancy?

You can maintain and clean your rolling case for pregnancy by wiping it down with a damp cloth and mild soap. For tougher stains, spot clean with a gentle cleaner. It's also important to regularly check and tighten any loose screws or wheels to ensure the rolling case remains in good condition for future use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksmedic
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • rbvernon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tmo2008
  • rbvernon