• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who Should Receive Shipment: You or Your Hostess?

In summary, many consultants ship to their hostess, while others have it shipped to them. It depends on the consultant and the hostess.
klsnyder
How many of you ship to your hostess and how many of you have it shipped to you?? And why?

Hostess so far, I have been in and out and so busy that I feel like I would delay the "speedy delivery" if I added that one extra step.

Depends. I sometimes have the orders shipped to me and bag them up.

I have had very few hosts who live close enough to me that I'd even want to deliver their stuff. I have it shipped to them!

I do understand why some consultants ship to themselves, but I work full-time and can't take another hour or two round-trip to drive products to a host. Besides, that makes the job look too hard to potential recruits.

To me unless they live too far away or they really want it to come to them. I offer the service and tell them I also separate the order if it comes to me. They love it and it doesn't take me long at all. I can take care of any problems with the order right away this way too!

One of the great things about being a PC consultant is that you DON'T have to bag up the orders and deliver it to the host. I never have it delivered to me unless I'm hosting something. This is one of the many things that I truly love about PC!!!:eek:

I need to get my jan and feb bookings up...
So I MIGHT offer seperating out the show & deliver to host, and to send out the invitations to my customer list for Jan and Feb shows if they book.
And I will see how it goes and whether I may want to offer one or both all of the time!

I have only had 2 shipped to me, one was the Nov. $1000 show order and one for a friend who requested it but with my home day care and big family... I am avoiding anything extra whenever I can. That said... what I have learned from many here is that if I had ANY inkling that the host might not follow through as she should...or if someone still owed some money... I'd ship it to me just for the peace of mind. Without this forum of sharing, I would not have thought about those issues... one more reason I am thankful for all of you!

I love that we can do this however we want! I usually have it shipped to the host.

I like to think back to when I hosted parties. One of the things I liked best was seeing what everyone ordered. I think if I always had the shows shipped to me, my hosts would miss out on one of the best reasons to host a show!

Lisa

c00p said:
One of the great things about being a PC consultant is that you DON'T have to bag up the orders and deliver it to the host. I never have it delivered to me unless I'm hosting something. This is one of the many things that I truly love about PC!!!:eek:

I agree! I always tell my hosts that if something arrives damaged or is missing, to call me & let me know. If they don't call, I'll call them. I just hosted a mystery host show & have been spending this week making deliveries. No way would I want to do that all the time! It's too hard making sure someone is home.

I will only ship it to myself if they are on vacation or if they live in an apartment...or if I did a mystery host show at my own house. I like for those to be a success and if they know that I do all of the work for the mystery host show....the attendence is higher. People love when I do those! Always a good turn out. I just did one for a Christmas open house.....the mystery host was soooo happy to earn all of the benefits for doing nothing! She wants to know when the next one is!!!!

It depends on my hostess most like to hae it delived to thier house but the last few that I had delivered here the hostess actually came to my house to pick up the orders so I didnt have to chase them down

Mostly to hosts, but to me if it's a neighbor or someone close. I usually don't live anywhere near my hosts and making those deliveries is something I'd rather not do.

it depends. I have the orders shipped to me if I am combining shows in order to make them qualify or if I put in orders on a show.

I have also done it for busy hostesses & Fundraisers that do not have time to have things bagged up.

I don't think I have ever shipped a show to a hostess! I feel like I should bag it up and separate because I am the liason between the company and the host. I also like to see all the products first hand so I can answer size questions even if I don't have the product.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I think it is pretty obvious what most of us do!!

I give my customers the option if they are in my area. Some people come over here to go shopping or they come this way anyways, so they will stop and pick it up. The rest I just ship it to them. I do this as an added bonus for my hosts to make their job even easier. I have recieved numerous compliments on this.

Now my group from hell, gave me compliments and thanked me for doing this for them. Now that they are dealing with my AD, that is their biggest complaint.

I only do it if I feel someone is flakey and my customers wouldn't get their stuff, or some of it might be "missing"

Ship to meAlmost every show that I submit I ship to me. My host seem to like that because they don't have to do any work. When the shows are really close, I don't mind, but the shows I have been doing lately are about an hour away, so I'm thinking that from now on, those will be shipped to the host.

1. How much does shipping cost?

The cost of shipping varies depending on the total weight and size of your order, as well as the shipping address. However, as a Pampered Chef customer or host, you may be eligible for discounted shipping rates or even free shipping. Be sure to check our current promotions or contact your consultant for more information.

2. How long does shipping take?

Orders typically take 3-5 business days to process and ship out. Once shipped, the delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose at checkout. Standard shipping usually takes 3-7 business days, while expedited shipping can take 1-3 business days. Please note that shipping may take longer during peak seasons or due to unforeseen circumstances.

3. Can I track my package?

Yes, you will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number once your order has been shipped. You can use this tracking number to track your package's progress and estimated delivery date on the shipping carrier's website.

4. Can I have my order shipped to a different address?

Yes, you can have your order shipped to a different address than your billing address. Simply enter the desired shipping address at checkout. Please note that we do not ship to P.O. boxes.

5. What happens if my package is lost or damaged during shipping?

In the rare event that your package is lost or damaged during shipping, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will work with the shipping carrier to resolve the issue and ensure that you receive your order in a timely manner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • Chef.Wanda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Katiek77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies