• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping Policy for Damaged Items: Karen Gibb Consulting

In summary, Karen Gibb says that if a customer sends something back to PC that is not working properly, she will usually offer to process an adjustment request for them, but they will also need to provide a note on their order form indicating that they would like an adjustment made, and the purchase information if they do not have the receipt.
irishpamperedchef
I have a couple of customers that have things to go back a chopper that is not chopping and a muffin stone that is cracked. Do you pay for the shipping Or do they? I have paid in the past but not sure if I should keep doing it.

Karen Gibb
Consultant
[email protected]

I would not pay myself. If they sent something back to any other company they would have to pay the shipping. I think that could get really expensive.

I understand that some people do pay for shipping for customer service. But I personally have stopped paying for it. I offer to call PC for them, but then I tell them they need to ship it back. I have 3 children with me most days (one mine & 2 I babysit), so I don't have time to go running to the post office. I'm not wasting my Saturday morning doing it either. I did have one customer throw a fit about shipping, so I did it for her. She didn't open the item until around 45 days after the show & was mad she'd have to pay for shipping when it was damaged before she got it. I wish PC would pay for return shipping for the first 60 days b/c it's hard for me to make all my ccc within 30 days of the show. I do mention the 30 day free return at my shows--apparently some people don't hear it!

I guess, offer to call pc to get the reference #. Tell them the reference # is needed to send it back & that you'll call them with it. If they start to question why they need to send it back, then you could offer to do it for them.

irishpamperedchef said:
I have a couple of customers that have things to go back a chopper that is not chopping and a muffin stone that is cracked. Do you pay for the shipping Or do they? I have paid in the past but not sure if I should keep doing it.

Karen Gibb
Consultant
[email protected]

Remember that your customer only need to send a piece of the muffin pan back...not the entire thing. I saved on my shipping to return a product for a customer this way.

thank you !
I didn,t mind when It was one thing but now that it,s a couple it,s gonna get expensive.

I have a ton of people that just bring me broken products and expect me to fix it and bring them brand new products. I just do the adjustment online and give them the print out of the adjustment with the ref. # and address to mail to with their product in a little PC bag. I too don't have the time/ means to ship all returns myself much less find a box, packing material, etc for each product.

I have a ton of people that just bring me broken products and expect me to fix it and bring them brand new products. I just do the adjustment online and give them the print out of the adjustment with the ref. # and address to mail to with their product in a little PC bag. I too don't have the time/ means to ship all returns myself much less find a box, packing material, etc for each product.

I also submit the request for them and mail or email them a copy of the adjustment. I find that people like to bring items with them to a show or sometimes they'll even give it to the hostess to give me because they aren't even making it to the show.

I tell them I will be happy to process an adjustment request for them and iff they will please write a note on their order form so that I can follow up with them to get the information necessary to process a return. At that time I also ask them if they know if they have the receipt and if not then which hostess/consultant and when they purchased it (unless they bought it at one of my shows of course).

The key is not to take the product! It's so hard not to just reach out and take it from them but then you end up with the mailing costs as well as the time to package it. I found especially when I started my business that a lot of people would come to me asking for help on items they purchased from another consultant. I will always help them out with a request but not paying the shipping too.

I have had times where a customer doesn't know where they got the product or it was out of the warranty. If we can't process the adjustment, I will offer them a discount on replacing it. Of course the best discount is to have a show :). In those cases you really have to go customer by customer based on their reactions.

Just my two cents worth. My recruiter did me the favor of taking care of a
warranty claim I asked her help on. She had not been the consultant I purchased the item from when I had a show in my home, the year before. That lady lived 60 miles west of me, and I had not even thought to call her.
Get this! A week later, after she sent my product back, at no cost to me,
she wrote me a nice note, inviting me to talk with her about becoming a Consultant. We talked, and I signed, online that week, with her as my Recruiter. That was in April 2005. She has been my greatest support and encourager. It's because of her generousity that I'm here with PC, today. You just never know when you do a favor, how it will come back to you!

Related to Shipping Policy for Damaged Items: Karen Gibb Consulting

1. What should I do if my item arrives damaged?

If your item arrives damaged, please contact our customer service team within 48 hours of delivery. They will assist you with getting a replacement or refund.

2. Will I have to pay for return shipping if my item is damaged?

No, if your item is damaged, we will cover the cost of return shipping. Our customer service team will provide you with a prepaid shipping label to send the damaged item back to us.

3. What if I don't notice the damage until after 48 hours?

We understand that sometimes damage may not be noticed until after 48 hours. In these cases, please still contact our customer service team and we will do our best to assist you with a replacement or refund.

4. Do I need to keep the damaged item?

In most cases, we will require you to return the damaged item before we can process a replacement or refund. However, in some cases, we may waive the return requirement. Our customer service team will provide you with specific instructions based on your situation.

5. How long does it take to receive a replacement or refund for a damaged item?

Once we receive the damaged item and process your request, it typically takes 3-5 business days for a replacement to be shipped or a refund to be processed. However, this may vary depending on your location and shipping method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishpamperedchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • blestmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchefkristin
  • augmommychef