• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can I handle late shipping for my customer's Christmas gift?

In summary, Karen Gibb's customer ordered a muffin stone for his wife for Christmas, but it was not delivered on time. Gibb called UPS to see if she could pick it up at its next stop, but was told no. Gibb's home ofc said it was the truck's mistake. Gibb feels bad because she knows her customer is upset.
irishpamperedchef
Im so upset a customer ordered muffin stone for his wife for Christmas .Paid extra shipping so it would be delivered on the 23rd but as of last night shipping info said 26th. I called UPS to see if I could pick it up at it,s next stop they said NO. Home ofc said it was there mistake The truck left a day later. I feel so bad. Any idea's??????????

Karen Gibb
Consultant

If it was ordered in time and if it was a HO mistake, I would call and see what they are going to do to make this right with your customer. If it was an entire truck-load, then you can rest assured that you are not the only one that this happened to. Call them ASAP and let them know that their mistake reflects on you.

This happened to me too - and it is scheduled for the 28th!!!

Call HO - they will make right by the customer. They always do.

I did call HO they are going to pay his shipping it $17 dollars. I still so bad
Karen

feel bad.. LOL

AHHH...my shipment was scheduled for the 26th, but it actully made ot yesterday morning. Thats the good news. The BAD news is 1/2 my order didnt show up and part of it went to an order that was direct shipped to CA...I live in OREGON!!!! I am so mad!!!:mad:

ARGH!!! Whenever I call they say the offices are closed!

irishpamperedchef said:
Im so upset a customer ordered muffin stone for his wife for Christmas .Paid extra shipping so it would be delivered on the 23rd but as of last night shipping info said 26th. I called UPS to see if I could pick it up at it,s next stop they said NO. Home ofc said it was there mistake The truck left a day later. I feel so bad. Any idea's??????????

Karen Gibb
Consultant

Might any liocal consultants have one you can get to him ASAP?

irishpamperedchef said:
I did call HO they are going to pay his shipping it $17 dollars. I still so bad
Karen

I have had problems with them twice this month. First Mon. Dec. 11th @ 6:00AM I ordered as a customer through my web site overnight...33.00 shipping, was suppossed to come Tues., came Wed. Called & complained, they said sorry we will deduct the 9.00 difference, I said thats not the point, they said sorry!:mad: Mon. 12/18/06 6:00AM overnighted ANOTHER order, I kept checking & checking. Called them Tues, they said sorry we will return the difference!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I told them its NOT the point & I wanted to talk to a supervisor they put me through & now I get VOICE Mail!!:mad: Called back again, said I will NOT hang up till something is resolved...I said your the SOLUTION CENTER & nothing has been solved! Finally they gave me an Email to some higher up to send a copy of my first notice from them. I Email it & its the WRONG addy..I call again 2 more different times & 2 more times I get more wrong addys. Now someone calls me & says they didnt get the order till after 1PM, so they wont credit me unless I show them valid proof that I placed the order when I said i did!!:eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:
Sorry this was so long...:eek:

That is horrible Ginger- Hopefully everything will smooth out after the holidays!

dannyzmom said:
Might any liocal consultants have one you can get to him ASAP?

One consultant does but she lives so far away from me. but I might go if my customer is really upset, I can,t get in touch with him I left messages and got in touch with his mother-in-law she was going to get the message to him
but haven't heard anything as of yet.

Thanks
Karen Gibb
consultant
[email protected]

just thought I would let everyone know that I spoke to my customer he was alittle disappointed but he said that he had other stuff to give her .I gave him a picture of it and also a cookbook so he had something to wrap... Thanks for listening.
Happy Holidays to everyone!!!!!!!
Karen Gibb
consultant
[email protected]

late shippmentok my mistake I was closing all my shows buy the 12th on the 20th I noticed that I did not close on show so i closid it ASAP. and also called HO to see if she would get it in time for Christmas they said maybe, today the host called me mad that she did not get anything as of yet and wanted to know why. I did not come right out and tell her it was my mistake but I apoligizad that it did not get there in time I even had the Santuko knife that she needed but she said didn't want me to bring it to her , she was just mad tat she didnt get it yet
I also asked her what can I do she said nothing , In 6 1/2 years this has never happeded I have really stepped up my business 7000.00 each month since Sept and I guess I just messed up but I really feel bad . What should I do should I just drop it or do something (the host is a past Pamperedchef Consultant too not that means anything but she should know things do happen,)
Doreen Zaino 252326
[email protected]

I would do something for her. Even if it is just a small gift it shows that you care. Even a $20 gift would be worth it if she keeps you as her consultant. I think just dropping it would be unprofessional...

late shippmentI had been thinking about it and you are right I will send a small flower arrangment on Tuesdsay and say that I am sorry for the inconvenece with her shippment .
Doreen Zaino
252326 [email protected];)

Well I am glad I am not the only one. Wednesday at 3:00 in the afternoon I placed an online order for my Dad, he ordered the cookware set. Well paid the extra $24 shipping for 2nd day air. When I went to check shipment status on Friday it said it was rescheduled and would arrive on the 26th (6 days later). Called HO and they said it was ordered too late in the day or some goofy excuse. They refunded the shipping charges but it makes me mad as heck! They need to be more specific on the whole shipping thing or something. Just had to throw mine out there too!!!

KYCHEF said:
Well I am glad I am not the only one. Wednesday at 3:00 in the afternoon I placed an online order for my Dad, he ordered the cookware set. Well paid the extra $24 shipping for 2nd day air. When I went to check shipment status on Friday it said it was rescheduled and would arrive on the 26th (6 days later). Called HO and they said it was ordered too late in the day or some goofy excuse. They refunded the shipping charges but it makes me mad as heck! They need to be more specific on the whole shipping thing or something. Just had to throw mine out there too!!!

I totally agree, HO has to understand something...hwen a customer wants something, they want it when they are suppossed to get it. People dont want to hear STUPID excuses. I ordered on Mon. the 18th from 3 other different companies ( LL Bean, Collections ETC...& Creative Irish gifts ) they were all in my house within 2 days of ordering & NONE of them was even close to charging what we charge.:eek:

This is the first year I can recall that our company has offered this last-minute shipping thing. I tlooks like they are just needing to work the kinks out. I am sure next year it will be smoother.

dannyzmom said:
This is the first year I can recall that our company has offered this last-minute shipping thing. I tlooks like they are just needing to work the kinks out. I am sure next year it will be smoother.

They had it last year as well. Its not that they are offering anything special. If you say overnight...it HAS to be overnight & for 33.00 it should! I've also noticed for awhile now, with ALL orders (show,supply, etc...) There is something WRONG going on in the ware house that needs to be straightened out! I AM trying to run a business & if I look like a jerk & its not my fault that ticks me off. It also ticks me off when people think they are sooooooo perfect that NO WAY could it be them! I just want it straightened out.

I am so sorry for all the frustration you are going through! And I agree that if someone pays extra they should get their stuff when promised! I have also ordered from online companies and gotten the items quickly and at lower shipping costs.

But... Two of my customers ordered products late, did not pay the extra for quick delivery, and the tracker said they were to get them on the 26th but BOTH came on the 22nd. Don't know if the route is just faster or if it's because there were no weather issues between IL and here or what it was but they are thrilled.

It may not be PC's fault you know. It could be UPS and is probably the weather. I personally think that the shippers should make extra runs and on the weekend when this kind of thing happens. It makes us all love them all year when they make our Christmas!

Remember too that those who do the delivering have families and a life outside of their jobs. They are not allowed to take off the days before Christmas to do the last minute preparations. Don't be mad at them personally - they're doing us a service - if the items don't get put on the truck they can't deliver them.

Could you make a gift card for your guests to give out when exchanging gifts? It isn't your fault either but maybe you could give them a season's best or a 5% discount card or something. And I would definitely say something to PC - it may not be their fault but it is good business for them to refund the extra shipping costs at least! And, if I were PC, I would make the UPS company pay that amound back to PC - they are the ones to fail.

Related to How can I handle late shipping for my customer's Christmas gift?

1. Why is my order from Pampered Chef taking so long to ship?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide the best customer service and timely shipping. However, due to high demand and unexpected delays from our suppliers, your order may experience a delay in shipping. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.

2. Can I cancel my order if it is taking too long to ship?

If your order has not been shipped yet, you can cancel it by contacting our customer service team. However, if your order has already been shipped, we are unable to cancel it. You can, however, return the items for a refund once you receive them.

3. How long does it typically take for Pampered Chef orders to ship?

Our standard shipping time is 5-7 business days. However, this may vary depending on the availability of the products you ordered and your location. You can track your order using the tracking number provided in your order confirmation email.

4. Will I be notified if my order is going to be delayed?

If there is a significant delay in shipping your order, our customer service team will reach out to you via email or phone to inform you of the delay and provide an updated estimated shipping date. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

5. Can I expedite my shipping for an additional fee?

Unfortunately, we do not offer expedited shipping options at this time. However, we are constantly working to improve our shipping processes and hope to offer this service in the future. We appreciate your understanding and patience in the meantime.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• irishpamperedchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • smspamperedchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • erinyourpclady