• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping All to One Guest for $4

However, the guests must live near each other in order to receive their products. It is also possible for the guest's mother to host the show and receive the hostess special twice, as well as have the show in September and use the benefits from it. It is not recommended to combine orders as it may increase shipping costs and guests may not have a receipt for warranty purposes. It is also against policy to purchase items under someone else's name, but since the guest is allowed to host shows themselves, they can use the host benefits.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, is it possible to have all orders sent to one address of a guest, that isn't officially listed as the host?

my family from sc is coming to my home for one of my first shows..Technically I am hosting it..but since they all live in SC, if there isn't a way around this, they will all have to pay for direct shipping?

Couldn't you just make one of them host instead?

If youre shipping to another state - there's no way to avoid the direct shipping costs - however if you have several people going in together with several orders - you can split the direct shipping cost between them and probably get it down to a more reasonable price per person. Obviously, they need to live near each other to get their products.

well, ideally I'd make my mom host,,but she is actually hosting her own show on Sept 1..is that any sort of problem?

No problem. actually, that sets her up for getting the booking benefit from having the show, doesn't it. So she gets the hostess special for Sept twice.

She can submit both shows.

Exactly what I was about to say.

smilesarepriceless said:
well, ideally I'd make my mom host,,but she is actually hosting her own show on Sept 1..is that any sort of problem?

Not at all...a host can host as many times as they like & as often as they want. Book her Sept show off of this one you are doing & 2 host specials can be purchased. Your mom can get one as the host of a Sept show & under her name, one of you can get another special as the past host.

Combining orders is not a good idea. The more that is done the sooner shipping prices will go up. Also the guests don't have a receipt in case something needs a warrany adjustment. Do a mystery host or have your mom host it and then the orders will all be sent to her at the $4.

A host can do as many shows as she wants. I encourage my August/February hosts to do a followup catalog show with the new catalog the next month to take advantage of the new products - some of them choose to have me over again and do another cooking show.

One other thing, it is against policy to purchase things under someone else's name so be careful with that. It is between the two of you if your mom wants you to use a benefit but I have seen posts that say people are using host beneifts for themselves and some of those are going beyond what we are allowed - just a word of caution.

We can use the host benefits since we are allowed to host shows ourselves. The only thing we aren't allowed to do is take advantage of booking benefits. Also, there is probably an issue of using host benefit when aren't the actual host. As for hosting too much, I've had the same person submit two shows in the SAME month! Cooking at the beginning of the month and a catalog at the end! You would still need to ship your order to yourself and pay direct s/h based on the value (in case you are using some of the free products). Good luck!

BethCooks4U said:
Combining orders is not a good idea. The more that is done the sooner shipping prices will go up. Also the guests don't have a receipt in case something needs a warrany adjustment. Do a mystery host or have your mom host it and then the orders will all be sent to her at the $4.

A host can do as many shows as she wants. I encourage my August/February hosts to do a followup catalog show with the new catalog the next month to take advantage of the new products - some of them choose to have me over again and do another cooking show.

One other thing, it is against policy to purchase things under someone else's name so be careful with that. It is between the two of you if your mom wants you to use a benefit but I have seen posts that say people are using host beneifts for themselves and some of those are going beyond what we are allowed - just a word of caution.
Beth, I don't think she wants to ship the whole show as one order for $4, she wants to ship the show somewhere else so each guest only pays $4, not direct shipping. Thats how I understood it.........:confused:

Jules711 said:
We can use the host benefits since we are allowed to host shows ourselves. The only thing we aren't allowed to do is take advantage of booking benefits. Also, there is probably an issue of using host benefit when aren't the actual host.

As for hosting too much, I've had the same person submit two shows in the SAME month! Cooking at the beginning of the month and a catalog at the end!

You would still need to ship your order to yourself and pay direct s/h based on the value (in case you are using some of the free products). Good luck!
That is true but not if someone else is the host.

Something else to consider, when you host your own show.... those sales and that show does not count towards your 30 and 90 day incentives. I haven't read the July sell-a-thon fine print lately, but it may not count towards that either?

cookingisfunagain said:
Something else to consider, when you host your own show.... those sales and that show does not count towards your 30 and 90 day incentives. I haven't read the July sell-a-thon fine print lately, but it may not count towards that either?
Where did you hear that????? Your own shows always have in the past!

WHAT? Ugh...I am brand new! And am having the 2 shows....here at my house...1 is my grand opening show, and the second is with all my out of town family who are coming in for a party...so I'd be crushed if I thought I were having 2 shows that counted to later find out they wouldn't...? My recruiter hasn't said such news...so I'm hopeful that this is miss-inofrmation about it not counting.

And yes, regarding the delivery, I'm not trying to 'skimp' on the shipping, simply trying to get all the orders sent to one person's home aside from the host....as the location would be much closer to everyone else..

Unless there has been a dramatic change in policy, those sales DO count. The difference is that anything purchased with the host discount doesn't count or earn commission. They incourage new consultants to host their first show, so there would be no reason for you not to get credit for it.

ShanaSmith said:
Unless there has been a dramatic change in policy, those sales DO count. The difference is that anything purchased with the host discount doesn't count or earn commission. They incourage new consultants to host their first show, so there would be no reason for you not to get credit for it.
Exactly!!

Re: When #16 post used the word "anything", it makes me wonder about the items that they purchase beyond their Host Bonus and half price items. I am positive that my commissionable sales numbers increased on my shows when a hostess purchased items that exceeded their FREE PRODUCTS, and had a balance after the host discounts were applied. I will check back on a couple of shows, if I can get my program to show me, and correct this, if I am wrong.l

Items purchased with the host discount DO count toward commissionable sales. We don't get commission on: Monthly host specials/booking bonus; half price items; the FPV portion of host orders. But we sure as sugar get paid on the other portion of host orders!

My #18 post is correct. You do get commissions on your Hostess' purchases,
that are over and beyond the Free Products, Hostess Bonus of the month, and half price items. I see many shows in my system that have Guest Sales that are lower than the Commissionable Sales. How else would that happen, if not for commissions on what the hostess had purchased?

smilesarepriceless said:
Ok, is it possible to have all orders sent to one address of a guest, that isn't officially listed as the host?

my family from sc is coming to my home for one of my first shows..Technically I am hosting it..but since they all live in SC, if there isn't a way around this, they will all have to pay for direct shipping?

I shipped one of my shows to a guest. I put the host's name at the top, then the second line read C/O (the guest's name here) and then the guest's address started on the 3rd line. Fed Ex got it right to the C/O address.

In other words, in P3 I put:

Jane Doe
C/O Jean Smith (this was the first address line)
1234 Happy Drive
Gordon, MI

That way the correct host is listed but it goes to a different person's address and doesn't mess up your guest address list too much.

I had a different show back in June and the host left town for 5 weeks. Someone else had to go into her house and divide all the stuff up, return an item to FedEx from her house, etc. I wish I had done the C/O trick when we did her show. It sure would have simplified things!

Grandmarita said:
My #18 post is correct. You do get commissions on your Hostess' purchases,
that are over and beyond the Free Products, Hostess Bonus of the month, and half price items. I see many shows in my system that have Guest Sales that are lower than the Commissionable Sales. How else would that happen, if not for commissions on what the hostess had purchased?
That is corect. What we were talking about is the fact that if WE are the host (or someone living in our house) we do NOT get commission on what is purchased with the host discount.

As far as the difference in the guest vs commissionable sales:

Guest sales can be higher because of the past host benefit (that counts for the show total for host benefits but is not commissionable)

Commissionable sales can be higher because of purchases the host makes with her discount count toward commission but not toward the show sales.

Okay, I must have misread this..... Sounds like it is your own order and booking benefits that are a lost cause:

Consultant-hosted Shows
You may want to host your own Show from time to time.
When you or a member of your household hosts your own
Show, you are entitled to host benefits and commissions
as follows:
• You receive commission on guest orders only. You
will not be paid commission on items you order at the
host discount.
• You are not entitled to the Booking Benefit or a past
host discount.
In addition, please note:
• Personal orders placed on the Show do not count toward
the achievement of any bonus, incentive or award.
• A recruiter or upline Director cannot be the host for a
downline Consultant.

correct! If you host your own show, or someone in your household, you do not get to take advatage of the booking benifits or credit for anything ordered with the host discount.

ShanaSmith said:
correct! If you host your own show, or someone in your household, you do not get to take advatage of the booking benifits or credit for anything ordered with the host discount.

Does co-hosting affect this? For example, if a friend/neighbor was co-hosting WITH the consultant, would the co-host still have the option of utilizing the booking benefit since they're not a consultant?

Consultants can't have a co-host.

Consultants can't have co-hosts--this really true? Also, I did not know there was no commission on products purchased on my own party that go over the free or 1/2 price. Why is that?

chefjwr said:
Consultants can't have co-hosts--this really true? Also, I did not know there was no commission on products purchased on my own party that go over the free or 1/2 price. Why is that?
That would be double-dipping. You can place a personal order at a 20% discount, or use the host discount when you do a consultant as host show. But getting the commission on top of the host discount is like getting the personal order discount on top.

Does that make sense, or did I just confuse you more?

1. What is the "Shipping All to One Guest for $4" offer?

The "Shipping All to One Guest for $4" offer is a promotion where you can ship all of your items to one guest for a flat rate of $4. This offer is only available for orders placed through a Pampered Chef party or show.

2. Can I take advantage of this offer if I place an order online?

No, this offer is only available for orders placed through a Pampered Chef party or show. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant or host a party/show.

3. Are all items eligible for the "Shipping All to One Guest for $4" offer?

Yes, all items are eligible for this offer as long as they are included in the same order and are being shipped to the same guest. However, this offer is not available for orders containing only digital items.

4. Can I combine this offer with other promotions or discounts?

Unfortunately, this offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. It applies to the shipping cost only and does not affect the price of the items in your order.

5. How long will it take for my items to arrive with the "Shipping All to One Guest for $4" offer?

The delivery time for your items will vary depending on your location and the shipping method chosen. Please refer to the estimated delivery date provided at checkout for a more accurate timeframe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• barbara_anne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • cewcooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kam