• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Experiencing Slow Shipment of Orders from Submitted Shows?

In summary, customers are experiencing slow shipment of their orders from submitted shows. This may be due to a number of reasons such as customer's orders being buried during the last days of the month or due to weather conditions. However, the solution center has said that the website is usually accurate in updating the day a customer's order is shipped. Additionally, customers are reporting that orders are shipping again after being stuck in limbo for a while.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Anyone else experiencing slow shipment of your orders from submitted shows..

I have 2 shows I submitted last Friday..and they haven't shipped yet...

Yes, end of month buried them.

They were on the 31st orders still today. Once they get through those, I'm sure they will pick up fast.

Mine are slow too.

Yes, it's probably all my fault - sent all my shows in on the 31st:)!!

Just kidding - it was only 3 shows! I did have top sales in my entire cluster though! I got a $10 gift card to Best Buy!

this make me crazy, one show ships in 3 days, next show 2 weeks

Remember that the end of January was the end of Bonus points.

pclinskie said:
this make me crazy, one show ships in 3 days, next show 2 weeks

It's actually very predictable. They are awesome at shipping (better than most places) UNLESS there is a special promo and/or end of month. When there is a big sale like cookware, knives or stoneware or a big consultant promo and everyone get their orders in at once, they can't magically ship at once.

It's like pouring a cup of water through a funnel then suddenly grabbing a gallon and trying to get it through at once. The diameter of the funnel can't change so what goes through can't change. :rolleyes:

Janet and I already had this discussion on another thread. It's not really slow right now, it's normal. We just get so spoiled by 1-2 day turn around we forget that it can actually take longer to process orders when things pick up.

My guess is they probably have a lot of people out sick! We have been hit very hard here in my family! My husband has been in bed for 3 days. I was in bed for 4 days last week! My husband said they have had a lot of people out sick at his work - almost 25% some days.

And feel lucky you know where your packages are. FedEx just told me on the phone they have no clue where my package is, it's lost right now in limbo.

it's the end of the month. 'nuf said.Oh, and we've had terrible weather here so in addition to sick days, I bet some people couldn't get to work because of snow and kids who had snow days, etc.

DebbieJ said:
it's the end of the month. 'nuf said.

Oh, and we've had terrible weather here so in addition to sick days, I bet some people couldn't get to work because of snow and kids who had snow days, etc.

Oh, yeah - I know about the bad weather - my boss has been stuck in Chicago since Tuesday night. It's been so quiet at the office ;)

Also as I mentioned in the shout box yesterday. As well as orders they are shipping samples and supplies to all of us. I received both yesterday woo hoo.
Lorna

The solution center told me recently, that the website is not always correct. It may take a day or two sometimes for the shipment status to update. I had this happen with a show recently. When I called, the shipment had actually shipped two days prior, but did not update til the day after I called :O

The website is pretty accurate on what day they are on - it is usually only updated once a day though around 9:00 or so. I personally ALWAYS see the website update long before I get my shipment e-mail.They are still staying within 5 business days and now that they are on the 1st it'll start to catch up pretty fast.

:chef: I placed both a supply order and a sample package order on the 4th. I called the Solution Center last night to check on it, since I have been getting my other orders SO quickly lately--in 3-4 days the boxes are delivered. The website has said "received" since the 4th. Usually it at least clicks over to "picking"....but not this one. It does say at the top that they are shipping show orders received on the 4th. I just want to play with the new stuff---and my hubby is out of town, so I really wanted to get it all before he got home...I'm sure you all know how that is....! Maybe it will arrive today as a big surprise! I have had that happen too--

They're catching up. The order I put in on 2/3 shipped... they're working on orders received 2/4 now...

I placed a supply order AND a sample order on 1/31, and finally received my supply order 2/7 (thank goodness...needed SB's for Sunday's party). My sample order kept switching back and forth between "received" and "picking" all week, and I called HO last night...it showed "picking" to the rep on the phone. Then this morning, it showed that my samples have been shipped. I am scheduled to receive them 2/13. Poor HO...they must be buried right now! Hey, that means good business though...

Give them time, they are catching up. And just remember this at different times when promotions are going on and the end of the month. It's us that causes the back log of orders. I know it's not always our fault when we submit orders but if we can all be a little more watchful of deadlines and such and not slam HO with orders at one time, they can continue to be a great service to us and to our customers.

Mine was submitted 2/4 and it's "picking" now.

My director told me that holiday shipping is faster because they get extra help ... all my shows before this had been submitted during the holiday season!

I sent a show in on 2/5 and it's still sitting in there saying received. Maybe they'll get mine out before too long. i've got a show on Friday and ordered a few things to display at that show.

Not to complain because usually shipping is so fast and very rarely do I have mistakes in my shipments BUT ..... I submitted a show 1/24 my host just received it Wednesday 2/6 almost 2 weeks AND instead of 3 SA Heart dishes in box # 3 there were 3 deluxe cheese graters !! and the packing slip said SA Dishes

similar, but mine was shipped - I did send them this note (scroll way down) and they replied, the same day it was shipped. --------HO reply-------------
Dear M,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Please accept our apologies for the delay in shipping and for the inconvenience to your customers.

Shows are generally shipped within 2 days of the date received in the Home Office. During periods of peak order volume, such as month-end and promotional cutoffs, 2-day turnaround times may not be possible. When this occurs, every effort is made to ship in no more than 5 business days. Due to the unusually high volume of orders received at the end of January, we are currently in that situation. Our distribution center is currently shipping orders with receive dates of 2/1 - 2/4, so your order should ship out today.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can you help you with.

Thank you,

K W
Solution Center Representative
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

---- Original Message ----
Sent: 08-Feb-2008 12:36:16
To: [email protected]
Subject: Order On Hold

My cooking show # 130 was received at Home Office on February 4. it has not been shipped yeat as of 10:32am PST, according to Consultant Corner.

I am upset about this - you have clear, total payment for the show in hand. There is no reason to delay the shipment.

When can I tell my customers to expect their items?? Why can I tell them the order has been delayed?

I just don't get how 4 days is slow shipping? Last September orders were taking over a week. They are catching up with orders, give them time. At the top of the shipping page it shows you the current day they are working on. Trust me, if they are behind, they are well aware of the problem and are working as fast as they can to get orders out to us.

Scott, your order wasn't delayed. We are told to tell customers to expect 10-12 business days to get their orders. This gives time if PC is slammed and time for shipping to different locations. We get spoiled with fast turn around times and have no one to blame but ourselves. We are the ones who turn in our orders all at one time. We cannot always control it but it's us that slows down HO.

By the way, I had a TW show that took two full weeks from submission date to finally arrive to me. I wasn't mad that it took that long, I understand that things may take a while. I knew that they would be arriving soon.

Well, here's my delima. I take the customers orders, 1 week later the host closes. I wait 3-4 days for the checks to clear b4 i submit their order incase I get a bad check. If HO takes 2 more weeks, this is a month for the guest who ordered the night of the party. I could submit my shows the day I close the orders, but i don't want to risk getting a bad check, especially since I don't know everyone whos ordering.

I placed a order a while ago that had two items I NEED for a show I have coming up on the 16th ( cross your fingers and pray that I get it because I don't know what I am going to do if it doesn't come), and it is only saying "received". Then I placed an outlet order like 3 days after the first order, and it says the outlet order has shipped. WHAT?? I placed the other order BEFORE the outlet order, and I NEED it for my show. Why would they ship an order placed 3 days after another one that they still haven't shipped yet??

tabnat80 said:
Well, here's my delima. I take the customers orders, 1 week later the host closes. I wait 3-4 days for the checks to clear b4 i submit their order incase I get a bad check. If HO takes 2 more weeks, this is a month for the guest who ordered the night of the party. I could submit my shows the day I close the orders, but i don't want to risk getting a bad check, especially since I don't know everyone whos ordering.
I usually have my hosts close their show within 2-3 days, this may help your situation. I also tell my guests that the ship date depends on when the hosts closes her show. Even now, HO wasn't a full two weeks behind, they were only about a week behind.

1. Why is my order taking so long to ship?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to ship orders as quickly as possible. However, during peak seasons or due to high demand, there may be delays in shipping. Rest assured, we are working hard to get your order to you as soon as possible.

2. How long does it typically take for orders to ship?

Orders usually take 1-2 business days to process and ship. However, if there are any delays or backorders, it may take longer. You can track the status of your order by logging into your account on our website.

3. Can I expedite my order for faster shipping?

Unfortunately, we do not offer expedited shipping at this time. However, if you need your order urgently, please reach out to our customer service team and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

4. My order has been marked as shipped, but I haven't received it yet. What should I do?

If your order has been marked as shipped but you have not received it within the estimated delivery time, please contact our customer service team. We will track your order and provide you with an update on the status of your shipment.

5. Can I cancel my order if it hasn't shipped yet?

If your order has not yet been shipped, you may be able to cancel it. Please contact our customer service team as soon as possible with your order number and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Pampered Zoe
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefMary412