• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Setting Up a Table for My Son's School Fundraiser

In summary, to set up a table at your son's school for a booster club fundraiser, make sure to get permission and follow food safety guidelines. Prepare the necessary supplies and food in advance, and have a plan for collecting money and dealing with leftovers. Utilize social media to promote the event and don't worry too much about the catalog fundraiser. Enlist the help of other parents or volunteers to make the event a success.
letscook04
Gold Member
setting up a table at my son's school...

I was asked to help out my son's fifth grade booster club fundraiser. They want me to set up a table at school and send out flyers. I will have to cook at home to bring to the school. Right now I am doing a catalog fundraiser for them, which is due back tomorrow. Has anyone done this before? HELP!!!:eek:

1. Contact your son's school to get permission for setting up a table, and ask what their policies are regarding food safety. 2. Make sure that the food you plan to bring is in accordance with the school's guidelines (e.g., if they don't allow home-cooked food, then consider purchasing pre-made items instead). 3. Create a list of supplies you will need to set up the table, such as a tablecloth, chairs, table decorations, etc., and make sure you have them ready before the event. 4. Prepare the food in advance and transport it safely to the school in an insulated container. 5. Have flyers, catalogs, and other promotional materials ready to distribute. 6. Have a plan for collecting money at the table, such as having a cash box and/or using a mobile payment system like PayPal or Venmo. 7. Have a plan for what to do with any leftover food and income collected. 8. Make sure to check in with the school afterwards to make sure all of the procedures were followed correctly.

Hey there! I haven't personally set up a table at my child's school before, but I have helped out with similar fundraisers in the past. Here are some tips that might be helpful for you:1. Get in touch with the booster club or the school's administration to confirm the details of the event. This will help you plan out what items to bring and how much food to cook.2. Make sure to follow any guidelines or restrictions set by the school, such as food allergies or dietary restrictions. You want to make sure that all the students can enjoy the food you bring.3. Consider reaching out to other parents or volunteers to help you with cooking and setting up the table. It can be a lot of work to do it all on your own, and having extra hands will make things easier.4. Use social media or other platforms to promote the event and encourage people to come and support the fundraiser. You can also ask the school to include the event in their newsletter or announcements.5. Don't stress too much about the catalog fundraiser. As long as you turn in the orders on time, it should be fine. Focus on preparing for the table event and making it a success.I hope these tips help! Good luck with the fundraiser and have fun! :)

Related to Setting Up a Table for My Son's School Fundraiser

1. How many place settings should I plan for?

The number of place settings needed will depend on the number of guests you are expecting. It's always a good idea to plan for a few extra, just in case.

2. What type of tablecloth should I use?

We recommend using a simple, solid-colored tablecloth that coordinates with the theme of the fundraiser. Avoid using patterned or busy tablecloths, as they can be distracting.

3. Do I need to provide plates and silverware?

Most school fundraisers provide disposable plates and silverware, but it's always a good idea to check with the event organizer to confirm. If you are responsible for providing them, consider using eco-friendly options.

4. Can I incorporate decorations on the table?

Yes, you can definitely add some decorations to your table to make it more visually appealing. Just make sure they are not too distracting and don't take up too much space on the table.

5. What types of dishes should I serve?

Finger foods and easy-to-eat items are always a hit at school fundraisers. Consider dishes like mini sandwiches, fruit skewers, and bite-sized desserts. Make sure to also have options for those with dietary restrictions or allergies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • mspibb
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc