• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Send Out Newsletters? Advice Requested

In summary, Brenda recommends using Tasty Tidbits, which is a great option because it is affordable and provides great content. Kelly also recommends using Tasty Tidbits, as it is a great option and provides great content.
apriljc
I know that I read on here somewhere about if sending out newsletters was a good thing. I can't find where it was so I am asking the question over. I know some people subscribe to tasty tidbits but how many do their own newsletter> I recently mailed out a newletter and a list of the retired products. I mentioned in the letter that I was going to start sending out newsletters via emal and to please have people send me their email addresses. So any advice from anybody I would apprecitate.

I did my own for nearly a year. I used MS Word and would get so irritated that my family would begin to hide from me the last week of the month. :eek: I subscribe to Erika Soelberg's "What's Cookin" monthly newsletter. She also does "Monday Motivation" for directors to send to their downline. She doesn't have a website, but I'll try to post a copy of a past newletter here. She creates the newsletter and emails it to you and all you have to do is edit the parts you want and then send to you contact list.

OK it won't let me transfer it to MS Word. If you'd like to see a copy then email me and I'll forward you a copy.

Last edited:
Tasty TidbitsI did my own newsletter one time - and it was very time consuming. I then subscribed to Tasty Tidbits. It was well worth it. For $1.00 a month you can send to all your customers. My customers love it, you can take out some things if you don't want and enter in your consultant information. Best little money I ever spent :) .

Brenda K.
Happy Tasty Tidbits Subscriber

I totally agree with everything that Brenda said, except it is $12 for 6 months, which is really $2.00 a month.

apriljc said:
I know that I read on here somewhere about if sending out newsletters was a good thing. I can't find where it was so I am asking the question over. I know some people subscribe to tasty tidbits but how many do their own newsletter> I recently mailed out a newletter and a list of the retired products. I mentioned in the letter that I was going to start sending out newsletters via emal and to please have people send me their email addresses. So any advice from anybody I would apprecitate.

If you really want to start sending an email newsletter (which is what I do), you'll probably have to make a follow-up call to those on your mailing list to get their addresses. They may ALL have email addresses but just like RSVPing for a show, they aren't likely to contatct you with that information.

I create my own newsletter in Word. I try to keep it to no more than 3 pages so it does not take forever to arrive on the computers of those who have slower email (I think we need to be careful of how much we send).

When you are collecting email addresses at your show, be sure everyone understands that you will be sending them information about sales/specials, new products, discontinued products and recipes (if you'd like). I also tell them that after 300+ shows the email newsletter is really the only way that I can keep in regular contact with many guests.

I get my newsletters off here and just change them to my info and send them out. I love the ones I get off here and get lots of compliments from my guest about them. and it's free, well, almost! ha!

I do my own; I try to keep mine shorter than the ones I've seen here. Quite a few of my customers live in rural areas, which means slow internet, so I don't want it to take forever to download.
I just use the tips out of the KCN, tell about specials etc...I've had people tell me they enjoy reading them.

Hi All!!

I am trying to also decide on a newsletter to get my customer base on monthly updates from me.

My director use to have Tasty Tidbits and switched to the one mentioned above with Erika. She said she switch because the Tasty Tidbits comes in a PDF file and alot of her customer base told her they couldn't open it. Guess they didn't have something to open a PDF file?? :confused:

Has anyone ever had this problem using Tasty Tidbits?? I like them, the format is very professional and very reasonable.

My director said she love that newsletter too, but had to change for this reason, so any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks-
Kelly :)

I just started using Tasty Tidbits last month and it came embedded in the body of the e-mail. All you had to do was personalize your information and then forward the e-mail.

Of course you would want to take out the "FW:" that automatically gets put in the subject line when you forward e-mails.

I had someone else mention this too, which really confuses me... I do provide a condensed printable PDF version of the newsletter each month, but the "main" newsletter is always embedded INSIDE the body of the email and you shouldn't need any extra software to read it.

The PDF can be viewed with free Adobe reader download, although I understand not everyone wants to download stuff....

In any case, I'll be happy to send you a sample of Tasty Tidbits if you'd like to see for yourself, if it will work for you. And please, let your director know that I apologize for not providing her with a service that would better suit her needs.

Thanks!
Joy
www.tastytidbits.net

KellyRedHead said:
Hi All!!

I am trying to also decide on a newsletter to get my customer base on monthly updates from me.

My director use to have Tasty Tidbits and switched to the one mentioned above with Erika. She said she switch because the Tasty Tidbits comes in a PDF file and alot of her customer base told her they couldn't open it. Guess they didn't have something to open a PDF file?? :confused:

Has anyone ever had this problem using Tasty Tidbits?? I like them, the format is very professional and very reasonable.

My director said she love that newsletter too, but had to change for this reason, so any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks-
Kelly :)

Brenda K. said:
I did my own newsletter one time - and it was very time consuming. I then subscribed to Tasty Tidbits. It was well worth it. For $1.00 a month you can send to all your customers. My customers love it, you can take out some things if you don't want and enter in your consultant information. Best little money I ever spent :) .

Brenda K.
Happy Tasty Tidbits Subscriber

I totally agree!! I have had Tasty Tidbits for about 6 months now. I LOVE it!! I would literally spend an entire day trying to come up with what to write about, changing fonts, playing with color...driving myself crazy (my husband says it's a short trip!) Time is money and wasting an entire day to come up with something I didn't really like was a poor investment of my time.

I have never had trouble with what Joy sends and have been impressed with her professionalism. I am not very computer savvy and if I can figure it out it can't be too hard :D

I receive compliments every month on how much my customers like the newsletter. Subscribing to a newsletter service that you like is a great investment in your business!! (AND a tax write off!!)

Note to Brenda and Gillian...I thought I paid $12 for a year too so maybe prices have gone up....or I'm just having a blond (highlights) moment!

I am pretty sure that I paid $12 for 6 months but I am not positive. Go to the website and check her rates to be sure! www.tastytidbits.net

Charter subscriber rates were $12 if you paid for a year, last July until December. The rate went up to $12 per 6 months in January. I charge for 6 months at a time because some people may not want to commit to a full year upfront.

Thanks for all the compliments. You really make me blush :)

I use TT as well! I get more feedback on that then I ever did doing my own! I just paste it into the body of my emails.

Last edited:
HI Joy!

I love your site and think it is very professional. IN fact I am leaning more toward subscribing to your newsletter service.

I was just concerned about the PDF file like I mentioned. I did not want my customers (who live mostly in a rural area with dial up) fustrated with it downloading etc...

I really don't think my director wanted to leave, she just had people who claimed they couldn't open it?? Maybe like you said, they wouldn't take the time to download anything?

If you want to forward me on a sample of the newsletter in and email and I will see how it opens for me, that would be great.

Send it to [email protected]

Thanks and I really do think you newsletter is VERY professional looking!

Kelly

OK Joy,
I just signed up for Tasty Tidbits. I like it.

Okay, Kelly, I just forwarded you a copy :)

Shannon, I got your request. Thank you so much!

PampChefJoy said:
Thanks for all the compliments. You really make me blush :)

Joy, The first month I sent your newsletter to my customers my Mom sent me an email telling me how nice it looked, how proud she was of me, etc. I really hated telling her that I didn't do it!! :) :)

I get that ALL THE TIME! I had to set my director straight. I just tell people that "I'm glad you enjoy it".

I just signed up too!!I can't wait to get tasty tidbits!! I am so tired of trying to come with something on my own.!!

Love you Joy!I just have to jump in here and let Joy and others know how much I love Tasty Tidbits too! I always enjoyed doing my own newsletter....but I have a bit of an anal personality and I literally would be tied to my computer for days until I got it tweaked and completed to my satisfaction. My family was going crazy!

I have been using Tasty Tidbits since March or April and I feel so FREE! I now utilize my time on other areas of my PC business...such as customer care calls, etc.

Joy, I have been giving out referrals to you like crazy! I can't thank you enough for the awesome job that you do with your newsletter service. It has added a level of professionalism and consistency to my customer care communications....and I loved the Fall Flash Flyer and other items you've provided too!

Melinda

PampChefJoy said:
I had someone else mention this too, which really confuses me... I do provide a condensed printable PDF version of the newsletter each month, but the "main" newsletter is always embedded INSIDE the body of the email and you shouldn't need any extra software to read it.

The PDF can be viewed with free Adobe reader download, although I understand not everyone wants to download stuff....

In any case, I'll be happy to send you a sample of Tasty Tidbits if you'd like to see for yourself, if it will work for you. And please, let your director know that I apologize for not providing her with a service that would better suit her needs.

Thanks!
Joy
www.tastytidbits.net

Joy,
Could I also get a sample of the newsletter embedded in the email to see what you are talking abou? Thanks in advance. my email is [email protected]

Related to Send Out Newsletters? Advice Requested

1. What is the purpose of sending out newsletters?

Sending out newsletters is a way to keep your customers updated with the latest product releases, promotions, and events. It also helps to build and maintain relationships with your customers and keep them engaged with your brand.

2. How often should I send out newsletters?

The frequency of sending out newsletters depends on your business and your target audience. Generally, it is recommended to send out newsletters on a monthly or bi-monthly basis to avoid overwhelming your subscribers with too many emails.

3. What type of content should I include in my newsletters?

Your newsletters should include a mix of promotional content, such as new products or sales, as well as valuable and informative content related to your industry. This can include recipes, cooking tips, and other content that will be useful and interesting to your subscribers.

4. How can I make my newsletters visually appealing?

To make your newsletters visually appealing, you can use high-quality images of your products, use consistent branding and design elements, and break up the content with headings, bullet points, and white space. You can also use different font styles and colors to make the content more visually appealing.

5. How can I measure the success of my newsletters?

There are a few ways to measure the success of your newsletters, such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates. You can also track the number of unsubscribes and the feedback you receive from your subscribers. It is important to regularly analyze these metrics to make improvements to your newsletters and better understand what resonates with your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • gailz2
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
betsyb
  • KristyH