• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selecting What to Take to Pampered Chef Shows: Advice Needed

In summary, Kara recommends bringing what you need for the demo, plus a selection of products to show off the current month's and next month's host specials.
Jillb
Gold Member
I love anything PC and have a lot of it. At my first three shows I brought a lot of it with me. I was not sure if that was overkill and I should be more select of what I take.

Should I only take what I am demoing?

Ask my host what she likes?

Maybe theme shows?

Input please before I break my back by carring everything.

Thanks

I only bring what I am using for my demo, my tool turnabout, and then an item to show off the current month's guest special and the next month's host special. For example- if the current guest special is two free rubs, I would bring along a few rubs for the guests to smell, etc. And if next month's host special was on bamboo pieces, I would bring a few of my most popular bamboo pieces to show off.

I bring A LITTLE more now, during the holidays- trifle bowl, a few items that are good for stocking stuffers, etc. OR if the host asks for something specific I will bring that as well, but otherwise I keep it as simple as possible. One bag, minimal items- otherwise it takes too long to unload/reload and it's too much work!

Like Kara said....I bring what I need for my demo. I will try to bring what's on special or on special next month for host's. I may bring a few new products (at the beginning of a season especially). But my rule of thumb is I have two containers- my consultant tote that came with my kit, and a collapsible crate. If the products do not fit in those two without killing me, it doesn't make the cut. Because by the time I have my wheely-crate with catalogs, door prizes, my laptop, the ingredients, etc. I'm bringing in 4-5 things! So 2 product-tote limit for me. :D It's still back breaking at times (especially if alot of stairs involved getting into a home), but you'll learn very quickly that it's not beneficial to bring everything unless it will serve a specific purpose in your show. If it's just for display, it's usually not worth bringing (large items especially).

I for one bring almost everything. I don't necessarily show everything but if they ask to see something, I can pull it out of the bag. I do believe people will buy more if they can see and feel the product. My show average so far this year is at $935.44 and I do believe it's because I have the items on hand.

I just had two shows at $1300 each bringing only the items I needed for the demo. :) I want to make my job look easy.

I agree with making my job look easy. When I did this before, I packed up my entire kitchen for every show I did. It was ridiculous! Now, I bring what I need for the Demo, the DCB (if I'm not using it to demo) and the special for the month. I always talk about the "magic pot" whether I'm demoing it or not. So far my show average is $965, so it seems to be working!

I take what I use for the demo - but I use a TON of products for my demos. I won't demo a recipe that doesn't use cookware, stoneware, knives, and bamboo or SA.

I also bring my TTA crammed full
Cookbooks
A selection of spices, sauces, etc... (not all of them - whatever I bring, I either use or talk about)
Whatever the host special is for the months I am currently booking
Also, in my last phone call with the host before the show, I ask her if there is anything in particular she wants to see, or anything her guests want to see. Lately, what I get requests for most is the pineapple wedger. When they request to see that, I suggest they also pick up a pineapple.

Chef Gilles said:
I for one bring almost everything. I don't necessarily show everything but if they ask to see something, I can pull it out of the bag. I do believe people will buy more if they can see and feel the product. My show average so far this year is at $935.44 and I do believe it's because I have the items on hand.

Wow - that must be a pretty big bag!

I once took a large selection of products to a fundraiser I was doing - I could barely fit it all in my SUV!!!

I've been trying to take less lately. 1 to make the job LOOK easy, and 2 to make it easier! LOL. Whatever I am using, plus a piece from each collection, and my tool turn about. That's plenty!

Related to Selecting What to Take to Pampered Chef Shows: Advice Needed

1. What are the best products to bring to a Pampered Chef show?

The best products to bring to a Pampered Chef show are the ones that are most popular and frequently used by customers. This includes versatile kitchen tools such as our Quick Slice, Mix 'N Scraper, and Rockcrok Dutch Oven. It's also a good idea to bring products that are featured in the current catalog or on sale.

2. How many products should I bring to a Pampered Chef show?

It's recommended to bring at least 15-20 products to a Pampered Chef show. This allows for a variety of options for your customers to choose from and increases the chances of making sales. However, it's important to also consider the size and location of the show, as well as the number of guests attending.

3. Can I bring discontinued products to a Pampered Chef show?

No, it's not recommended to bring discontinued products to a Pampered Chef show. Customers may be disappointed if they fall in love with a product that they can no longer purchase. It's best to focus on current and popular products to ensure a successful show.

4. Should I bring products that require a demonstration to a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, it's highly recommended to bring products that require a demonstration to a Pampered Chef show. These types of products tend to be more engaging and can help generate more interest and sales. Plus, it's a great opportunity to showcase your cooking skills and provide a fun and interactive experience for your guests.

5. Can I bring my own food to a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own food to a Pampered Chef show. In fact, it's encouraged to make and serve recipes using Pampered Chef products to showcase their versatility and functionality. Just be sure to plan ahead and have all necessary ingredients and cooking equipment ready to go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • hunkiemunkie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • ChefMJ