• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Show Success: Convince Me to Take Less for Better Results

In summary, people who summarize content often find that they are able to cut down on their gear and still produce high-quality content. They also find that hosts are happier with the content because it is easier to book.
pjpamchef
Silver Member
OK, after being pretty much out of it for the last 6 months due to Thyroid Cancer Treatment, I'm ready to get back in the game. However, I would like to change something, taking everything except the kitchen sink. I have always had a high show avg and atributed it to taking a lot of product to shows. I simply do not have the energy to do this anymore and would like to cut down, but am afraid it will lower my shows. What do you take? After going to a class at NC, I'm thinking, Salad Spinner, DCB, Family Skillet,Triffle Bowl plus whatever is needed for recipe that night.

Welcome back!I take a lot unless the show is in a walk-up apartment. I can't say I notice any real difference in sales when I take smaller amounts, though.

pjpamchef said:
After going to a class at NC, I'm thinking, Salad Spinner, DCB, Family Skillet,Trifle Bowl plus whatever is needed for recipe that night.

Doesn't that seem like an enormous amount to you? It does to me. I hate taking the Salad Spinner and the DCB at the same time. And throw in the other two. My back is aching just thinking about this. I'd like to cut back also. Waaay back. Looking forward to hearing other replies!

I take what I need for the recipe, my TTA with a "standard" assortment of tools (both scraper collections, ice cream dipper, bamboo, can opener, etc.), the monthly guest special and next month's host special (if they aren't used in the demo), and whatever the host has requested to see in person. I also try to take all the cookbooks. People look through those before the show, and frequently add one or more to their order once they see the recipes.

I take the kitchen tools that I need for the recipe. I will sometimes ask the hostess if she has any of the stoneware etc that I may need to do the recipe. I also take the host specials for the month that I am trying to book. I have noticed that my show average has gone up about $100 show just by keeping it simple. I am much happier with my shows also. I am home quicker too and I am getting more bookings.

Glad to hear that you are doing ok!

I take what I need for my recipe, my TTA, Stoneware and of course my 12" Skillet.:D

Welcome back! I used to be like you and bring everything I owned! lol Now it's basics.... recipe tools, tta with tools filled up and my fave products to share. No difference in show totals either. ;)

I only take what I am using along with the full TTA and 8" saute pans from both sets. I haven't seen a difference in my show average but hosts are happier that I'm not making a bunch of trips to my car and recruit leads don't seem so scared by the idea of having to carry everything or buy everything right from the get go.

I drive a miata, so space is limited. My car is packed like puzzle. I take what I need for the recipe (do the same one all month long), a bag of tools and a bag of paperwork. My rolling tote is on the front seat, the bags are in the trunk. I have been placing the DCB on the floor of the front seat, and I sometimes have room for the salad spinner in back. In the rolling tote I make sure to take the 2 saute pans and whatever else fits.

People are amazed at my packing. I joke that I am driving a clown car!

I only take the products needed for the recipe (this always includes a piece of stoneware), the current and upcoming host special, current guest special, piece of cookware and LOADED TTA. I do have the bamboo bowl for DPS and a small SA bowl for candies so it shows those lines as well. One crate, one bag and TTA plus briefcase. Two trips in and out.

I used to take LOTS. I didn't want to jeopardized my higher show average $700-800. I heard everyone taking less, in fact, only taking what they need and a SMALL piece from each collection. This was hard for me. Inside my head was, "oh they need to see this and that and this and that . . . "

I finally took the leap to the other side and did it. Take only what I need for the recipe and a small piece from each collection (stone, cookware, Simple Additions, etc) if I'm not using one in the demo.

What I have found is this:
1) My show average did not faulter...stayed the same.
2) MORE recruit leads! They "see" :eek: you're not lugging tons of stuff
3) Not leaving things at my host's house (too much to pack up before)
4) Less to wash
5) Better on my back! :yuck:

I will never go back...and I teach all of my new recruits to do the same.

Keeping it SIMPLE, FAST, and FUN!!!

I'm pretty new- but I only take what's needed for the recipe, and the host special. Now that I have the DCB- I might find a way to take that, too.

I keep trying to cut down but it doesn't always work. I used to make three trips from my car, and try to cut it down to two. My guests seem to buy what I show them, possibly a few other things, but mostly what I show. I do ask the host if she has some of the heavy things I want to bring -- large bar pan, DCB, batter bowl, etc. I don't lug the salad spinner except in the summer. I'm not sure I've sold more than one.

It seems like it doesn't matter what I take, inevitably someboy asks me to see something I don't have with me.
I try to take what I need for the recipe and a piece from each line...I'm committed to making ONE trip (after I've greeted the host.) So I use the show-to-go rolling tote (which I have a love-hate relationship with) and my briefcase type thing that has my lapboards, laptop, etc.

Speaking of, what all does everybody else bring besides products? Do you enter orders into a laptop? What other 'marketing' materials do you bring, host packets, etc? I like having lapboards, but at the same time I hate the space they take up.

Here's another question I have, do you bring all your knives? Now we have these great knife carrying cases, but should I bring all the knives? I was bringing my knife block with me, but that's just crazy I think. I loved having it to put all my knives in, but man that thing is heavy!

I usually bring my 5" santoku knife becuase that is my very favorite! It also depends on the recipe...If I'm doing something where I need my 'bread sword' (as my husband refers to our FC bread knife) I'll bring that too or instead.

I have my consultant's tote filled, a carry all bag filled, then my catalog tote with paperwork, door prizes, calculator, etc.. Then I also have a rubbermaid bin that I would bring to possibly bring back my dirty dishes. But so far I've never used it that way. One bad thing about bringing too much is that it takes more time to set up and clean up/pack up. I feel like I do a good job with my show time, but then I'm there for another hour after doing my dishes, talking with the host, and remembering how to pack the stuff up again so it fits just right, and the weight is evenly distributed between my bags.

get_cooking said:
It seems like it doesn't matter what I take, inevitably someboy asks me to see something I don't have with me.

Then I'll say, "Why don't you have a party and I'll bring it to yours!"

I also say, "I've been in this business for 8 years, if I brought everything I have, I'd also need a U-Haul truck" ~ and they laugh.

babywings76 said:
Here's another question I have, do you bring all your knives?

Just my 7" Santuko, 5" Santuko (I say PC always has babies!) and the Colored Coated Santuko. Once they try them and compare the quality...they usually end up buying the Forged ones.

They love it when I tell them I have never sharpened my Forged knives..only honed.

I tend to take way too much stuff. The reason is, I remember going to a PC show before I became a consultant, and the lady brought very few items. I asked to see different things--to handle them, see how they work, etc.--and she didn't have them. I felt "cheated" out of a good demonstration. If I wanted to buy items sight unseen, I would've just shopped at home from the catalog. I want my customers to have the benefit of actually handling the items because I feel that if they try it, they'll like it! Would you spend $29.50 on a food chopper unless you saw how it chopped onions? Or would you buy a citrus press from the catalog unless you actually squeezed a lemon with it? I've sold alot of things that I feel were sold only because I had them to demonstrate.

That being said, the lady that did that show with only a few items is a Director. I'm only a consultant. Maybe she knows something after all!

babywings76 said:
Here's another question I have, do you bring all your knives? Now we have these great knife carrying cases, but should I bring all the knives? I was bringing my knife block with me, but that's just crazy I think. I loved having it to put all my knives in, but man that thing is heavy!

No way. I just bring the 5 inch Sankuto (or however it's spelled), one of the color coated knives and 1 quikcut. Period. Unless I am doing something that needs a bread knife, then one of those knives is a bread knife.

Take the starter kit and one high-priced tool you can use in the demo. Be sure to show both cookware and stoneware at every show. With proper host coaching, you can also bring one of whatever the host wants to win APCS / SSpinner/ knives, etc.. AND BRING YOUR STARTER KIT.Make it appealing and easy for someone else to do. Make it look easy, but not too polished.

I tend to bring one of each type--5" Santoku, 5" Utility w/Case, and Color Coated Santoku. That gives people a chance to compare the knives. I use the knife case to carry those, one of the Bamboo Spoons, and the Wine Bottle Opener.

I basically bring one of each type of product--SA, stoneware, etc. It's much less than I used to carry. And, as I said, I carry even less when I have to do a walk-up.

I take one from each collection - my TTA is packed full. I seem to change my Kit each month to suit the season (ex: December was geared more towards baking/entertaining). I do catalogue walk-through shows though.

When I DID Cooking Shows - I just brought what I needed for the recipe but ALWAYS made sure I had ONE from each Collection.

what's a catalog walk through show?

Hey there!!
I have started cutting back also and bring what is needed for recipe, full TTA, the saute pans from both lines and a representation of stoneware and SA if not used in recipe. My show total hasn't hurt and if anyone asks to see something I don't have with me, I offer to bring it to their show!!

I bring all of my knives in my knife bag. It doesn't take up a lot of room in my tote either.

What are some benefits of taking less in life?

Taking less can lead to a simpler and more organized lifestyle. It can also help save money and reduce stress by avoiding unnecessary purchases.

How can taking less improve my overall well-being?

Taking less can free up time and mental space to focus on activities and relationships that bring joy and fulfillment. It can also lead to a sense of contentment and gratitude for what we do have.

What are some tips for convincing myself to take less?

Start by decluttering and getting rid of items that are no longer useful or bring you happiness. Also, try setting a budget for yourself and practicing self-discipline when it comes to making purchases.

How can taking less positively impact the environment?

By consuming less, we reduce our carbon footprint and contribute to a more sustainable future. This can also lead to a decrease in waste and pollution.

How can taking less benefit my financial situation?

Taking less can help save money and reduce debt, allowing for a more stable and secure financial future. It can also prevent overspending and living beyond our means.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back