• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Take My Friend's Show Sales and Move to the Next Level?

volunteered to do the show and are giving her the benefit of the doubt by agreeing to split the commission shows that you are a good person.I would talk to her about it & word it exactly like you did here, then see what she has to say. You never know what people will do when they are treated with truth & fairness...;)Although it would be awesome to have Level 1, I think with the circumstances surrounding this, I would let her have the sales since it was her show to begin with and agree to still split the commission from it as agreed.If half of the show would put you over the top, why not half the show between each of you.
chefmelody
Yesterday, my recruit called me and asked if I could do her show in the evening. Her friend had been in a car accident, and was in critical condition in the hospital, and she had to take care of her friend's kids. I said of course, and packed in a hurry during my lunch break and did the show. It was a small show, but it should reach $300. My recruit and I agreed to split the commission on the show.

Here's the problem... the sales from this show will push either one of us into the next level to earn spring products... for me, it will put me just barely in Level 1, for her, Level 2. I was excited to think I'd get the free products, but now I feel guilty because she will miss out if I take her sales.

Since we already agreed to split the commission, either one of us could submit the show. What do you all think?

chefmelody said:
Yesterday, my recruit called me and asked if I could do her show in the evening. Her friend had been in a car accident, and was in critical condition in the hospital, and she had to take care of her friend's kids. I said of course, and packed in a hurry during my lunch break and did the show. It was a small show, but it should reach $300. My recruit and I agreed to split the commission on the show.

Here's the problem... the sales from this show will push either one of us into the next level to earn spring products... for me, it will put me just barely in Level 1, for her, Level 2. I was excited to think I'd get the free products, but now I feel guilty because she will miss out if I take her sales.

Since we already agreed to split the commission, either one of us could submit the show. What do you all think?

I would talk to her about it & word it exactly like you did here, then see what she has to say. You never know what people will do when they are treated with truth & fairness...;)

Although it would be awesome to have Level 1, I think with the circumstances surrounding this, I would let her have the sales since it was her show to begin with and agree to still split the commission from it as agreed.

If half of the show would put you over the top, why not half the show between each of you. You could always split the difference of allowing the host to receive host benefits as if it was the same show. Of course, you may both need them all, this is just a suggestion if half would put you both over.

Last edited:
Well, technically, a consultant can't submit a show that another consultant did, right? So technically, you would have to submit. I can imagine the moral feelings though! It was great that you could step in & do the show.

You did do the show. I think covering it at the last minute was a huge favor as well as sharing the commission. You could always give her the bookings, too. If she is 300 away from the next level, maybe some customer care calls can help!

I agree with Anne. You went above and beyond to split the commission. I think in the Recipe for Success all you really are supposed to do is give her something like $3. After that all of the perks are yours. You all can work together to make a quick $300 show. Or if you are really feeling bad then what about whoever submits the show gets the products and the other gets the commission.

That probably would cover level one in freebies.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the help! I forgot to mention that the show was a 45-minute drive each way for me... so maybe I shouldn't feel bad about getting the free products from it.

I agree, you did the show, and the drive, you should submit it. I do think that I would talk to her about it, so there aren't hard feelings. She probably is already dissapointed that she missed the show, but should understand.

Just putting myself in her position for a moment.....I have had to give away shows because of illness, etc.....and I have also been given shows for the same reason - I have never expected the consultant doing the show to share the commission, bookings, or anything else - because I gave the show away! Shows I have been given (most from my director) have been treated the same way. She has never expected me to give her the commission or bookings from the shows. I think the fact that you are splitting the commission with her is awesome...and would be enough. If you were working commission at a retail store, and you took a shift for someone who couldn't work because of illness, family emergency, etc....would you have to give the commission or other earnings to that person?
I would think that if it was a group where she was considered "Their Pampered Chef Lady", and they were established customers - she might still get any bookings - but if the people booking didn't know her, then they may be booking partially or totally because they liked you as the consultant and might not want someone else doing their show.

Who paid for the food?I'm curious who paid for the food? Did you also have to bring all your own tools? If she helped in any way then personally I wouldn't mind splitting commission if she asked, but if I ever had to cover for another consultant buddy in my cluster, I never share anything. It's just the way it is. But I wouldn't mind sharing if they mentioned it, it just has never been mentioned. I agree with Anne,
CUSTOMER CALLS could really make a difference. GIve a break on shipping or offer a discount. The guest specials are awesome for Nov. and Dec.
Debbie

I was asked to cover a show once for someone in my director's team (not one of my own recruits). I was given the show sales, all of the commissions, the recruit who signed from that show, and all of the bookings (which I passed on to the recruit who signed up from this show).

Personally, since you had already agreed to share just the commissions, I think sharing the commissions is generous enough considering the fact that you drove 45min each way and did the work of doing the actual show. That should cover any of the expenses she had. If you got any bookings, you could always split those with her if it would make you feel better. :)

Oooo that's a tough one. However, you did the show, so it's yours. I've taken shows for my hospitality director before with just 30 minutes notice. The first time I didn't expect to keep the show as my own. When I called her to give her the orders she said, "what the heck are you doing? It's your show. You helped me out by taking it." Splitting the commission is more than fair. Hopefully, she will see it that way.

When someone "gives" you a show for ANY reason YOU become the consultant for that show. Sales are yours and so are bookings and recruits - they liked YOU! I would ask anyone who booked a show if they would prefer the person who booked the original show in the first place in case they are a loyal customer or something. I would also ask any recruit lead if the other consultant ever talked to them about joining PC. If she did then I would give that lead to her, if not it would be mine.

You were very generous to give her part of the commission. YOU were helping her out to keep the host happy and you went to the trouble of rearranging your day and driving the distance. Don't feel guilty at all!

I would be sure to create a "policy" for this type of circumstance before it happens again so your whole cluster is aware of how it would be handled.

There was one booking for the show, but it was someone who had done a show with her before. So I'm going to let my recruit do it... and besides, I don't want to drive all the way out there again! :rolleyes:

A consultant cannot submit a cooking show as theirs if another consultant did it. Giving another consultant (in your downline) a few outside orders to help them out is one thing....when it is a cooking show that is totally different.

Share the commission if you have already decided on it but in the future, I wouldn't offer my commission to another consultant, especially when you were helping her out. It was an unfortunate circumstance that would have caused her to cancel the show altogether if you wouldn't have stepped in to help.

Well, it looks like it's going to turn out all right after all. My recruit had another show to submit, which will put her over $3000 for Level 2. So I guess I was worried over nothing!

Related to Should I Take My Friend's Show Sales and Move to the Next Level?

1. Should I take my friend's show sales and move to the next level?

It ultimately depends on your personal goals and comfort level. If you are looking to increase your sales and customer base, then taking your friend's show sales can be a great opportunity. However, if you are not comfortable with reaching out to their customers or it goes against your company's policies, then it may be best to focus on your own shows.

2. How can I approach my friend about taking their show sales?

Be honest and transparent with your friend. Explain your goals and why you are interested in taking their show sales. Ask for their permission and make sure they are comfortable with the idea before moving forward. You can also offer them a percentage of the sales as a thank you for their support.

3. Will my friend's customers be upset if I take their show sales?

If you approach the situation professionally and respectfully, most customers will understand and support your decision. However, if there are any customers who express discomfort, it is important to respect their wishes and not take their show sales.

4. How can I ensure a smooth transition of show sales?

Communication is key. Make sure to keep your friend and their customers informed every step of the way. Have a plan in place for how you will handle orders and payments. Also, be sure to follow up with customers after the show to thank them for their support and address any questions or concerns they may have.

5. Are there any potential challenges or risks to taking my friend's show sales?

There is always a risk of damaging your friendship if not handled properly. It's important to have open and honest communication with your friend and make sure they are comfortable with the arrangement. There is also a risk of losing customers if they do not want to continue purchasing from you. However, if you handle the transition professionally and with care, the benefits of gaining new customers and increasing your sales can outweigh any potential risks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies