• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Help: Is Posting Name, Email & Phone # Illegal?

In summary, if you are asked by someone in a mom's group not to identify yourself as a PC consultant, you can say you are an independent consultant for a company that sells kitchen tools.
jcwarr
HELP!!!!! :(

i don't know if something i just did is illegal. can you post your name and email and phone # on a website (it's actually a mom's group) but just not link to your website? i know you cannot link to your website - but didn't know if the whole thing was illegal! thanks!!!!! i am so nervous i am going to get into trouble!!!!!!

thanks!!
jen

You're not supposed to identify yourself as a PC consultant.

No, you are not able to advertise yourself as a pc consultant anywhere online. So what that gal did is against policies.

What do you do if someone in your online mom's group asks what you do for a living? Do you have to say... "can't tell you - it's against the rules!" ? Just wonderin'...

Lots of people on here say that they are a consultant for a company that sells high quality kitchen tools, or other phrases that imply they are PC consultants without actually saying the company name. Or, if there is a PM feature, you could always PM her with what you do.

Check out ChefAnn's blog - she has a very creative way of explaining it!:balloon:

ChefBeckyD said:
Check out ChefAnn's blog - she has a very creative way of explaining it!:balloon:

Yup, I ALWAYS chuckle and that...and honestly have thought of borrowing it.

Jen - on the previous, just delete your post or profile or ask the admin to do that for you. You can say you do direct sales as an independent consultant for a wonderful company that deals with kitchen products. If they ask further, say due to rules and in fairness to other consultant (so the advertising isn't skewed) you cannot publically advertise but if they e-mail you, you can answer.

It won't be an issue if you take care of it right away. :)

It's a confusing rule, but is there and intended truly to try and be fair to all and protect the company's image, name and work that is spent in advertising.

thank you all!!!! i removed the links and changed the lingo (thanks chefann!!)

Related to Seeking Help: Is Posting Name, Email & Phone # Illegal?

1. Is it illegal to post my name, email, and phone number online?

It is not necessarily illegal to post your personal information online, however, it is important to consider the potential risks and consequences. Posting your name, email, and phone number can make you vulnerable to identity theft, scams, and unwanted contact from strangers.

2. Can I get in trouble for posting my personal information online?

If you post your personal information online and it results in harm or damages, you could potentially face legal consequences. It is important to be cautious and think carefully before sharing any personal information online.

3. Is it safe to post my name, email, and phone number on social media?

Posting personal information on social media can put you at risk of identity theft, hacking, and unwanted contact. It is important to carefully consider your privacy settings and only share personal information with people you trust.

4. What should I do if I see someone else's personal information posted online?

If you come across someone else's personal information posted online, it is important to not share or distribute it further. You can report it to the website or platform where it was posted, and the individual may also consider contacting the authorities.

5. What are some safer alternatives to posting personal information online?

Instead of posting your personal information online, you can consider creating a separate email or phone number for online use, using privacy settings on social media, and being cautious about sharing personal information with strangers. It is always better to err on the side of caution when it comes to protecting your personal information online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
trps
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom