• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Concerns about Self-Inking Stamp - Seeking Advice!

etc. on a stamp I got from Staples. I use it for my return address on envelopes and catalogs. I just got a stamp with my name, title, e-mail, and website on it. I use it for my return address on envelopes and catalogs.
hmolah
Hey everyone - I need some advice! :confused:

I purchased the self-inking stamp from Merrill, and I really like it, because it has the PC logo, and all of my information, but I'm a bit concerned with stamping everything with my personal contact info. The stamp has my name, address, phone number, email, and website! Not too hard to find me then! lol Do any of you ever get concerned with passing out info with ALL of your information on it? I know our business cards will have that info, but I'm a little worried about 'weirdos' getting too curious, etc. And since we all operate our businesses out of our homes, I'm more hesitant. I just spent the $13 for it, so I can't return it. I don't mind using that stamp for return address labels, etc., but an old stamp I had (before I moved and my info changed) just had my name, title, phone #, email and website. I'd prefer to have one of those. The company PC had before Merrill is where I had gotten that one from (Town and Country I think). Do you know where else that PC has licensed authority for me to get an additional self-inking stamp?

Should I even be worried about the above, or am I just being silly? Any advice is welcome and wanted! ;)

Thanks in advance!

You can get a self inking stamp whereever you would like. It just can't have the PC logo.

These days you don't need to give out much information because if they want to find you they will with or without your help.

Even if you don't give your address, just your name and phone, they will be able to check in the local phone book or even online reverse look-up and get your address.

These days it is hard to hide any where

I have a stamp with just my name, phone number and website on it that I use for fairs and other times that I will be leaving information for people I won't actually meet.

I'm not naive but I don't think people are out there looking for our flyers to stalk the PC consultant.

I have that stamp too & have just been using it for my return address on envelopes. I just got these great looking labels from Directly from the Heart that are aprons. I put my name, consultant number, phone, email & website on it. I've been putting that on all of my catalogs & other business materials.

I don't have my address on my stamp, just my name, consultant id, phone #, e-mail and website info.

If they did need to come to my home, they would need directions!! Any no one needs to send me anything in the mail (except for host's checks, and I give them a SASE in their host packet for that).

I wonder if I can just order one from Merrill without my address? That way I can choose who to give what, etc.

Thanks for all of the tidbits! I'm not too worried about people being able to look us up via phone, b/c we are not published and not listed. We don't have anything to hide, we just feel that the people we wanted contacting us, will already have our info! ;) Also, I don't think people 'stalk' PC consultants, I just know that not everyone you meet has the best intentions...perhaps I'm being cynical, but that is just my outlook. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone!

I only put my name, cons #, email and website, and phone # on my catalogs and stuff. Nobody needs to know where I live.

ditto^^ You can use your other stamp for all your mail. You can purchase a stamp with just the basics (name, phone #, website info, or email) from office depot, or if you want the logo, purchas another one from Merrill.
I'm not listed in the phone book! So no one can find me! But I do understand your concern, there are some serious weirdos out there!:eek:

I just found a company online that processes stamps really quickly. I just got my name, title, phone #, email and website. It was only $9.95. Take a look- www.stamp-connection.com

Also - Staples make pre-inked stamps in store, and they're "buy one get one free" until mid-September. They won't have the PC logo of course, but whatever info you wanted could be put on there.I'm going to pick up a couple of those for right now, since I'm just getting started.

You can also get one on discount from Office Depot. Go through Consultant's Corner.

I put name, cell phone (the phone I use for this), web site & email.

You can order one with just your name. I did. Just put in the comments section that you don't want your address to appear on your stamp. I did not feel the need to have my address on it. If some one wants to go the extra mile to find me then they can. I agree with you and no you are not being silly.

1. How do I keep my self-inking stamp from getting smudged?

You can prevent smudging on your self-inking stamp by making sure the ink pad is properly aligned and not over-inked. You can also try using a lighter touch when stamping and allow the ink to dry completely before handling.

2. How can I change the ink color on my self-inking stamp?

You can change the ink color on your self-inking stamp by purchasing a new ink pad in the desired color and replacing it in your stamp. Make sure to clean the stamp before changing ink colors to avoid any mixing of colors.

3. What should I do if my self-inking stamp is not stamping clearly?

If your self-inking stamp is not stamping clearly, try cleaning the rubber stamp with a damp cloth and drying it thoroughly. You can also try re-inking the stamp or replacing the ink pad if it is old or dried out.

4. Can I use my self-inking stamp on different surfaces?

Self-inking stamps are designed for use on paper and other porous surfaces. They may not work well on non-porous surfaces like metal or plastic. If you need to stamp on a non-porous surface, we recommend using a stamp with a separate ink pad.

5. How long will my self-inking stamp last?

The lifespan of a self-inking stamp depends on how often it is used and how well it is maintained. With proper care, a self-inking stamp can last for thousands of impressions. You can also prolong the life of your stamp by replacing the ink pad when necessary and keeping it clean and dry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookscorner
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • Liquid Sky
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Liquid Sky
  • PamperedchefDaly