• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Merrill's Stamp Quality Causing Disappointment?

In summary, Jenny was unimpressed with her Merrill stamp. She found that the phone and email address were not legible if she pressed too hard, and the stamp was uneven. The type was also small and the letters filled in when stamped normal. The stamp is also difficult to take apart to put more ink in.
kam
Staff member
WOW. I just got my first Merrill Order. I could not wait until I got the stamp so I wouldn't waste labels anymore (and I was tired of writing all my info!).

Well, the quality STINKS!!! The phone number is "uneven" - 2 numbers print heavier than the others and it is hard to read. Also my email address is almost impossible to read. I am SO disappointed.

I called and have to send them a sample.

Has anyone else been successful on returning the stamp - I am concerned because it was custom.

Ugh!

It depends on what you stamp them on. Catalogs are not good material, but plain paper is perfect.

I have difficulty if I do not have something really solid underneath the material I am stamping on... if I try and do them on the carpeted floor because I am being lazy, they come out pretty bad. I also have had less than perfect results since re-inking the stamp... I think the ink went on uneven. Is it possible that yours just doesn't have even ink? The bottles of ink are cheap at office stores... like $3... it might be worth a try.

I have problems when I have too many catalogs stacked when I try to stamp

Mine didn't have very much ink in it! How do I take it apart to put more ink in?

Kelly V.

For me, I found the phone and email are not legible if I press too hard. Yes, it needs to be on a flat surface, works better on papper not catalog. But when I press firmly, it smears. Lighter is better for me.

--Jenny L

I am just stamping on normal paper just to test. Haven't even tried a catalog yet.

The stamp is uneven. When I stamp light, part of it looks good, the rest doesn't even stamp. When I stamp normal, the majority of the letters "fill-in". What good is it if no one can read it? I think part of the problem is how small the type is, no wonder the letters fill-in.

I just really am unimpressed. Just venting...

Then it sounds like a manufacturing defect...don't let them back down on this!

Yours does sound like a defected stamp, mostly for the description of the uneven text.

I've had my Merrill stamp for over a year and love it. Yes, you need to kind of "test" how it works on certain things but I've found that with EVERY stamp I've used from cheap to expensive.

I hope they'll replace it for you; and that you'll like the results when you get the new one. I really love mine...professional looking, lots of into, and a clean stamp (most of the time).

:)

When I stamp a catalog I have to hold the stamper still with my left hand and press down with my right. If I do this it turns out. If I just use one hand I get a fuzzy imprint.

I have a stamp from Office Max...however, about 2 months after I ordered it I got my website and it isn't on there. I had gone back to using labels, but then realized that my corner stickers from sticking to business work just fine since they have my website on them. I went back to stamping them for the fall catalogs.

What is Merrill Stamp Quality: Vent?

Merrill Stamp Quality: Vent is a feature found on our cookware that allows for better air circulation and heat distribution during cooking.

How does Merrill Stamp Quality: Vent work?

The vent is located on the lid of our cookware and has small holes that allow steam to escape, preventing pressure build-up and ensuring even cooking.

What are the benefits of Merrill Stamp Quality: Vent?

The vent helps to regulate temperature and prevent food from becoming overcooked or burned. It also allows for more efficient cooking and helps to preserve nutrients in the food.

Does Merrill Stamp Quality: Vent work on all types of cookware?

Yes, this feature is available on all Pampered Chef cookware products, including stainless steel, non-stick, and ceramic options.

Is Merrill Stamp Quality: Vent dishwasher safe?

Yes, our cookware is dishwasher safe, including the vent feature. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • mandak
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • chefinbiz