• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's a Good Quality Self Inking Stamp?

stamps correctly every time :)I have the Merrill one with the logo and my contact info, I've had it for almost a year... stamps correctly every time :)
Liquid Sky
I need a self inking stamp that's good quality. I bought one from Office Max - the one that comes with a billion characters that you can customize the stamp yourself. I don't like the way it stamps. The product itself just isn't cutting it for me.

I want to order a custom stamp. I know I can order one through Merrill, but don't know the quality of it, and am hesitant to place an order.

I saw Vista Print offers custom, self inking stamps. Are these good? Where is a good place to order stuff like this?

I have the one from Merrill, and I like it. The stamp part itself is mounted just a tad crooked, but since I know that, I know how to make sure my imprint is straight. The one I have has my address on it, so I use it to stamp return addresses on envelopes, and I love that is has the PC logo on it. The refill ink I got from an office supply store.

i got mine from staples....and i love it, too bad i got it made before i decided to have my website, because now i need to get a new one made with that info on it. staples makes it in the store for you, and it seems really sturdy and stamps correct every time i use it. you can get it in different colors, but i just got the standard black ink in mine. and it was only $15 so not bad priced either.

I have two from Merill and I love both of them. So easy to stamp my catalogs and outgoing mail. They are a tad touchy sometimes but you just have to get used to the way your specific stamp has been made (I have to put extra pressure on the right side to get the last letter of my website to look like a j and not an i).

wadesgirl said:
I have two from Merill and I love both of them. So easy to stamp my catalogs and outgoing mail. They are a tad touchy sometimes but you just have to get used to the way your specific stamp has been made (I have to put extra pressure on the right side to get the last letter of my website to look like a j and not an i).

Mine is the exact same way! I have to put pressure on the right side too. Other than that, I love it.
And Jessica - I had mine made before I had my website, so I just use the smallest Avery labels and print my website on that and stick it under the stamp.

Here soon I am going to have to invest in another one. I didn't buy one after my website change but instead have been using a bunch of clear labels that were given to me. My supply is about out though......

pampcheflisa said:
Mine is the exact same way! I have to put pressure on the right side too. Other than that, I love it.
And Jessica - I had mine made before I had my website, so I just use the smallest Avery labels and print my website on that and stick it under the stamp.

Bummer part is I could have left my last initial off my website and not had a problem. The fact that Merrill prints their undercase J's without a "hook" at the bottom doesn't help it look less like an i!

pampcheflisa said:

i never thought about doing that!! i might have to look into that i think i have some of those somewhere in my office i am sure!

I ordered mine from Staples about 5 years ago and it still works beautifully!

Vista has stamps, usually FREE and just pay for the shipping!

I have one from Merrill. I don't have a problem with it working the right way (as long as I'm on a flat surface) ... but some of our flyers have a coating that won't let the ink sit long enough to dry. It beads up & rubs off. So I end up using labels most of the time.

I don't recommend Vista print for a good quality one, especially if its free, it is usually very small and hard to read, just an fyi.

I have the Merrill one with the logo and my contact info, I've had it for almost a year now and haven't had to re-ink it. The quality is very good. I highly recommend them.

I have one from Merrill and like it a lot. It can be tempermental depending on the pressure you apply and the surface (the glossy mini's were tougher to do than flyers). I didn't get the one with my address because I don't care for everyone to know where I live and so I just use address labels for return address purposes. I really like that they Merrill ones have the logo - nice touch of class.

I have the Vistaprint ones and have 3 and never had a problem. I have one for checks (for deposit only/name), one with all my biz info (large stamp) and another small for people writing checks with only my name.

I have Merrill's also...I like that it has the Logo. I can't use it on catalogs or recipe cards & brochures because of the gloss- but on printed materials that I create and can't put it on the electronic version (like some flyers I get from here on CS), it's very convenient.

I actually do use my Merrill one on our glossy brochures- I kind of spread the brochures out and let them dry for a bit, but I figure if I invested in the stamp I want to use it as much as possible! Granted, I did buy it mostly for order forms, outside order forms, and the guest and host special flyers :)

I didn't want to get a stamper because of the catalogs - slippery, blurred ink, etc - but after someone told me to just try it - well I did and I love mine - I went to staples - had them make one for me and I have been using it for 3 years now. I will get another as soon as this one stops working. I use it for everything. I put my catalogs on the table and stamp them and let them dry - I let them dry while I do something else. I stamp all of my flyer that I print - the ones that I can't type in the info. (host & guest specials and things like that.) Staples told me that it would last about 5000 stamps - well I have done more than that by now. I am so glad I did get one.

:chef:

esavvymom said:
I have Merrill's also...I like that it has the Logo. I can't use it on catalogs or recipe cards & brochures because of the gloss- but on printed materials that I create and can't put it on the electronic version (like some flyers I get from here on CS), it's very convenient.

I use mine on the catty's, recipe cards, brochures etc. You just have to leave them to dry completely and not move your hand when stamping (causing blurring). I line the RCs all along my kitchen counter and stamp pack upon pack at a time...go do other things and come back and collect them when dry. Same thing for catalogs/mini's/brochures. Tonite I have 2pks of catalogs all over my living room floor, mini's on my coffee table and the recipe cards on the dining room table all drying for a bit. Works just fine! Few mistakes here and there but nothing a label can't cover up if need be.

I had mine made at Office Max (at the CopyMax counter) and it works great.I had a Vista one before and it SUCKED. Threw it out.

The Cosco 2000+ custom stamp kit that I currently have is really irritating to use on non-porous materials (mini's, recipe cards..etc). If I don't stamp just PERFECTLY, it blurs or whatever.

I was lining my table with cards and catties to stamp and let dry overnight, but then I had issue after issue w/ some prints coming out good and others like crap. So I had to go back over the messed up ones with a label.

There is a stamp specifically for glossy materials that I am highly considering getting. It's a stamp used for metals, plastic and nonporous paper materials. Yeah, I know I only have to wait a while or so using a regular stamp (I have found up to 2 hours in my experience) but if I can stamp and have it be dry in less than 5 mins I am sold :)

I really appreciate everyone's opinions and experiences! I totally forgot Staples and Office Max can make custom stamps. The only thing is is Office Max uses the Cosco 2000+ stamper...and that's the brand I have now...in a "kit version" to customize at home. So I am unsure as to how the "custom" one Office Max makes compares to the kit version that is available to buy and make the stamp at home.

What is a self inking stamp?

A self inking stamp is a stamp that contains an ink pad within the stamp itself. This allows for quick and easy stamping without the need for a separate ink pad.

What makes a self inking stamp a good quality?

A good quality self inking stamp should have a durable and sturdy design, be easy to use, and provide crisp and clear impressions. It should also have a long-lasting ink pad and be refillable for extended use.

What are the benefits of using a self inking stamp?

Self inking stamps offer convenience and efficiency, as they eliminate the need to constantly re-ink a stamp. They also provide consistent and clean impressions, making them perfect for repetitive tasks.

How do I choose the right size for my self inking stamp?

The size of your self inking stamp will depend on the size of the impression you need. Consider the amount of text or design you want on your stamp and choose a size that will accommodate it without looking crowded or distorted.

How do I maintain and care for my self inking stamp?

To ensure the longevity of your self inking stamp, it is important to keep it clean and properly stored. Wipe the stamp clean after each use and replace the ink pad when it starts to dry out. Store the stamp in a cool and dry place to prevent the ink from drying out.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookscorner
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
CarolynnLee
  • babywings76