• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Number on Stamp, or Not ?

In summary, the conversation is about whether to include the consultant number on a stamp for business materials. Some argue that it may be helpful for potential recruits to have the number in order to sign up under the specific consultant, while others believe it may pose a security risk and is not necessary. Some suggest using a stamp from Office Max instead of Merrill, and others mention the importance of including contact information such as name, phone number, email, and PWS on the stamp. Overall, the general consensus is that the consultant number is not crucial and can be left off the stamp.
AprilM
Hello

I'm new to the forum...

My wife April is a new Consultant and I do all the back office, business management, accounting and income tax part of the business. Additionally, most of the Pampered Chef Plus post show ordering.

My Question

Should we put April's consultant number on the Merrill/Marketing Impressions stamp we are Ordering, or NOT ??

Pros: It might help if the Consultant Number were on the catalogs, mini catalogs and other materials etc.. if a potential recruit went to sign up under April and the consultant number were on the catalog they would have it to ensure the new consultant signed up under April and not someone else so she would get credit for the new recruit

Cons: I thought having the consultant number on all materials might be a security risk since it's also the logon name to get into consultants corner.

The stamp I'm considering ordering from Merrill for $13.95 will be as follows

The Pampered Chef Logo
First Name Last Name here
e-mail address here
pamperchef.biz

or

The Pampered Chef Logo
First Name Last Name and Consultant Number here
e-mail address here
pamperchef.biz

I've already using same labels I created until I get a stamp put wanted to try a stamp because I thought it might be easier and also more cost effective

thanks in advance for feedback

Paul

Wow, I wanna clone you Paul. I'd give an arm for someone to be doing all the office parts of my biz. She's a lucky gal!

I vote for no consultant number. I have the Merrill stamp and only did my name, phone number, email? & website. I don't put my home address or consultant number on anything unless its a return. All depends on what you want to use the stamp for. I primarily use mine on catalogs and for the 3part order forms. Did use it on recipe cards but am going back to labels on those.

If someone is going to sign up as a recruit under your wife, I honestly think she will be communicating enough with the person to tell them her consultant number OR I didn't need my directors number as you send them to your website (which is on the stamp) and it automatically put that info in. That's my 2 cents. :D

I have my consultant number on a lot of stuff. I am not worried about the risk of someone else getting onto CC using it. The CC password is not too easy; it's also not as secure as my office job requires. Nobody can order anything with just a consultant number, even if they do crack the CC password.That being said, I leave it off most of my labels and rarely use the Merrill stamp.

I stamp all my stuff with the Merrill stamp. I do not use my consultant number.

I noticed there's no phone number on your stamp. A lot of customers would prefer to call...yes, they can go to the site and look it up, but they may not be near a computer when they want to call.
Just a thought.

I don't think consultant number matters, BUT you do need a phone number.
Those who have the merrill stamp, do you not think the writing is to small? I did not like Merrills stamp. I use Staples.

Yes, I think the Merrill writing is too small.
Also, I got mine when they forced you to also put your address on it...nobody cares about my address!
Name, phone number, and email would be the minimum info.

I think the Merrill stamp is way too small. When I first started, I was so eager to get a stamp that I went to Staples and got one. Had I known about our discount through Office Max, I would've gone there. Then I ordered one through Merrill, but was really disappointed at how tiny the lettering is. So, I only use the stamp for receipts, but print out 2x4 labels for the catalogs. The stamps also take a while to dry when you stamp catalogs, or other glossy papers, so that's another reason why I like to use labels. On your stamp, you'll really want: name, phone #, e-mail, and PWS I don't think it's crucial for the consultant # to be on there.--Oh, also, I got the free one from Vista Print, and it is a very small stamp.

Consultant number was more important before PWS, when HO was testing out online ordering and customers needed a consultant's number to submit an order. Now, other than filling out an online agreement, it's not necessary. I'd leave it off - it can confuse people.

I do think the Merrill Stamp lettering is small but I think it looks nice with the logo. Do I think its too small? No. Just it could be a size 10 font instead of 6/8. If you're customer base had poor vision, then you may have an argument, otherwise, it's doable.

Melissa78 said:
I do think the Merrill Stamp lettering is small but I think it looks nice with the logo. Do I think its too small? No. Just it could be a size 10 font instead of 6/8. If you're customer base had poor vision, then you may have an argument, otherwise, it's doable.

If you customer base is under 40!!! ;)

Actually I will have the phone number on the stamp, I just forgot to list it when I posted this post

thanks so much for all the reply posts

I just ordered a Merrill stamp (the one without the address) and I did not include the consultant number (but yes it has the phone number as well as e-mail address and her website).

I also ordered 500 business cards and a name tag so my beautiful wife will look professional when presenting.

Paul

Paul- Can I get your phone # to give to my hubby? He's been asking how he can help with my biz :p I'd like one of you around, your wife is very lucky!

Gee! What a great husband your wife has! Mine doesn't entirely support my business. Oh wait, I should remind him he's currently using the Weber Grill I got with my incentive last year for HIM!I love the Merrill stamps, I don't think the writing is too small. Before they came out with two stamps you weren't forced to have your address on there, you just had to delete it. So I have one without my address with just a blank spot there.One tip is to make sure you have room when you are stamping the catalogs. It needs a little time to dry. We have a kitchen island (well more of a pennisula sp?) that I clear off when I stamp my catalogs. I start at one end and lay them out. It works great and by the time I'm done the first ones are dry.

1. Should I include my consultant number on my stamp when I attend events or parties?

It is ultimately up to you whether or not you want to include your consultant number on your stamp. Some consultants find it helpful for potential customers to have their information readily available, while others prefer to use a separate business card or flyer to share their contact information.

2. Will having my consultant number on my stamp make me seem too pushy or sales-oriented?

Including your consultant number on your stamp does not necessarily make you seem pushy or sales-oriented. It simply allows interested customers to easily get in touch with you for more information or to place an order. However, if you feel uncomfortable including your number, you can always leave it off and provide other forms of contact information.

3. Can I customize my stamp to include my consultant number?

Yes, you can customize your stamp to include your consultant number. Many stamp companies offer the option to add your consultant number, along with your name and other contact information. You can also purchase a separate stamp specifically for your consultant number if you prefer.

4. Is it necessary to have my consultant number on my stamp if I have a website or social media page for my business?

While having a website or social media page can be helpful for your business, including your consultant number on your stamp can still be beneficial. Some customers may prefer to contact you directly instead of navigating through a website or social media platform.

5. Will having my consultant number on my stamp make it more difficult to use for non-Pampered Chef events or businesses?

Not necessarily. You can always choose to have a separate stamp for non-Pampered Chef events or businesses that does not include your consultant number. This way, you can use your Pampered Chef stamp specifically for your business and keep your other stamp for personal use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Intrepid_Chef