• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Director's POV: Resolving a Sell-A-Thon Dilemma

In summary, the speaker had a problem with their director where they mistakenly believed that they had completed the sale a thon requirements. After speaking with the director, it was determined that the speaker had actually completed the sale a thon requirements in May, but due to a mistake by the director, the speaker was not given the new products free. The speaker has not received anything from the director since June and feels that the products would greatly increase their sales.
sillylittlechef
I have a problem that maybe a director might be able to give me a clearer look at things. My first ss month was June. I actually signed in April. I received the June sell a thon flyer from my director. I asked if shows done in May would count toward the June sell a thon my director said yes. So I went ahead and did two shows in May and the rest in June. My sales were way over the 1st level for the sell a thon to receive new products free. At the end of the month I realized that what my director told me was wrong. She had actually sent me the flyer from 2005. I spoke with her and she said that I would be getting the products free from her because it was her mistake telling me the wrong information. I have not received anything from her. I feel that these products would greatly increase my sales and feel that she does owe me. The last time we spoke she said that she was trying to find a way to get me the products, but was coming up with nothing. Since the new products are already out and it has been two full months should I just purchase the new products while I can get them at 50% off? or should I continue to wait for my director to do the right thing? I feel bad if she would have to purchase them, but at the same time she earns a commission off my sales and I would have been able to do those two shows in June (they were family members and really didn't care when they held the shows.) if she had given me the correct info. Does this make any sense to anyone? Maybe another director could give me their point of view.

Since she's a Director maybe she has other products she has extras of that she can give you instead, and you can go ahead and purchase at 50% off.

You might need to go ahead and buy what you want. It is a write off on your taxes. I'm sorry to say your director does not sound reliable...what does she mean "trying to get you the products???" She messed up, plain and simple, and told you she'd make good (which she should have!). She can order anything anytime with her discount and she too can write this off.

I would say buy what you want now, if she ever "makes good" you can ask her to buy you some other products you might find useful that are the same value.

I am sorry you have had to go through this!

She could be working with the ho to "repair" her mistake and trying to see if HO will honor her mistake

Can't believe that she gave you a 2005 flyer!

pamperedharriet said:
Can't believe that she gave you a 2005 flyer!

And I thought I was unorganized, lol.

bbauman07 said:
She could be working with the ho to "repair" her mistake and trying to see if HO will honor her mistake

True. But I would think if she's working with HO, it wouldn't have taken three months. At this rate, she needs to make good. I know I would if I was a director! I wouldn't want my recruit to get disgruntled & quit!!

You could have read the current flyer yourself behind Consultant's Corner.

It takes some of us several months to figure out where everything is. I'm still learning my way around CC and I've had access since early august and I'm pretty computer literate.

I do not mean to bash my director, I am just not sure how to handle the situation. As soon as I read the Actual June Sell A thon on Consultants Corner I asked my director. That is how we discovered the mistake. That was not until the very end of June. I have to say that I did not read it earlier simply because I had the actual paper flyer in my hand and had no reason to go looking for it on CC. A lot of people do not use CC on the web and rely on their director to give them correct info. When I become a director I will assume that responsibility. If someone does not want the responsibility they should not accept directorship. I think the training and support that PC has is so much better than any other company and that is dependent on the directors. That is one of the draws that brought me to PC. That said....I really appreciate the training and support that I have gotten thus far from all other PC consultants, directors, and so on. I just had this one little problem and really wasn't sure that I had any right to expect my director to "make good". Thanks all who responded.
Dusty

Just an FYI I have emailed my director that I would be more than willing to split the cost of this mistake (as pointed out I could have viewed the current rules on CC). Most of level 1 June sell a thon items are available in Package B of the sample product order form. SPlitting the cost of that would only cost each of us about $26. I think that seems fair.

I hope she bites on it for you and you get your products. Keep us posted.

I hope it works, too. However, learn from your first mistake and don't wait for her to get the products for you! Get them yourself by the end of September. Even if she says she is getting them for you, don't believe it until you have them in your hands!!!

I think that is very generous of you. Especially since I do not know if I would offer that myself.:D But you and your director certainly need to work this out in a way that is agreeable with you both since you will continuing working under her. I understand your relying on her info for you. I use CC daily but if my director handed me something I would not have any reason to believe she was not telling me correctly, especially just starting out, and do looking to confirm it.

Good luck with getting it fixed! And make sure whatever you order you do by the last day of this month b/c that is the last day we can order Fall Products at half price.

What is a Sell-A-Thon Dilemma?

A Sell-A-Thon Dilemma is a situation where a Pampered Chef Director is faced with the challenge of reaching their sales goals during a specific time period, usually a month or a quarter. This can occur when there are unexpected cancellations or low sales from team members, making it difficult for the Director to meet their sales requirements.

What is the Director's role in resolving a Sell-A-Thon Dilemma?

As a Director, it is your responsibility to lead and support your team in achieving their sales goals. This includes setting a positive example, providing guidance and training, and motivating your team to reach their full potential. In the case of a Sell-A-Thon Dilemma, the Director must proactively address any issues and come up with a plan to increase sales and meet their goals.

What strategies can a Director use to resolve a Sell-A-Thon Dilemma?

There are several strategies that a Director can use to overcome a Sell-A-Thon Dilemma. These include setting clear and achievable goals for team members, offering incentives for reaching sales targets, providing additional training and support, and actively promoting and marketing products to potential customers. It is also important for the Director to communicate openly and regularly with their team to keep everyone motivated and on track towards meeting their sales goals.

What resources are available to Directors to help them resolve a Sell-A-Thon Dilemma?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources and support for Directors to help them overcome a Sell-A-Thon Dilemma. This includes access to training and coaching sessions, marketing materials, and special promotions and incentives. Directors can also reach out to their regional teams and fellow Directors for advice and ideas on how to increase sales and meet their goals.

What should a Director do if they are unable to meet their sales goals during a Sell-A-Thon?

If a Director is unable to meet their sales goals during a Sell-A-Thon, it is important to not get discouraged and to continue to work towards their goals. They can also reach out to their upline or regional team for support and guidance. Additionally, Directors can use this as a learning opportunity to assess what went wrong and come up with a plan for future sales events. It is important to remember that setbacks are a natural part of any business and to keep a positive mindset and continue to strive towards success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • mandak