• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating the Challenges of a Sell-a-thon: A Personal Story

In summary, the best laid plans went awry when two of the shows fell through. The jewelry show switch means that the host cannot afford to invest in Level 1 of their Sell-a-thon yet. The final goal was to reach $7,000, but this is unlikely now.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans!

My Sell-A-thon was looking great ... even though two of my shows fell through, I still had 4 live shows planned. I'd hit $1500 for sure!

But even though two of my shows were great (over $400 each) one was only $200, and the other ... well ... it was only $138 when I left there last week. The host wants to reach at least $300 so she can get a roaster for half price.

The problem is ... this is the jewelry show switch. And my stepmother (who has the biggest order) can't afford it until after the holidays. And frankly, I can't afford that kind of investment until then either!

So ... I want to tell her to hold the show off until January, but I don't want to hurt her sales.

Unless she has another $300 in orders up there, I won't hit Level 1 of Sell-a-thon anyway ... so I am thinking of at least suggesting she hold her show off until December so a) she can get the triffle bowl for 60 percent and b) I stand a chance of at least getting a second spring product.

Stinks to sell $1400 and still only earn one product. It better be good!

Hey i know the feeling...i think i'm at $1300 right now but i have the big show still opened so i am trying to do a black friday sale to get to the $1500! At this point it woul dbe worth it to spend a few bucks giving people a discount in order to get a lot of new products! Try a black Friday Sale email. I'm already sent an email out about 15% off form 8AM-8PM but i think i might even send out a second one for 20% off any order emailed to by between 4 AM and 8AM

I think the economy is killing us all....I had 4 shows ALL way under last years average!

The problem is that most of my outside orders and regular people are ordering from the $200 show.

I think I WILL send out the Black Friday sale e-mail anyway ... and probably count it toward December sales.

I'm in the same boat too!!

What looked like such a promising month...:(

4 Shows and 1 catty show. I thought for sure I would have no problem making $1500.

My catty show host has not called me back in weeks. I leave 2 msgs a week. At what point do I just leave this one alone??

The real kicker is that I only had so many open dates to have shows in Nov. I can't seem to get shows during the week so that leaves weekends. I booked the 7th, 8th, 16th and 22nd. With other (personal) commitments, these were really all I had to give. Well, what is strange is that the 8th and 9th were very popular dates. Since I had the 7th and 8th booked, those were out and since I work FT, there was NO way that I could have done the 9th too. (Fri, Sat, Sun shows).

Well, my host on the 8th, the week of, just decides she doesn't want to have her show! She just doesn't want to deal with it.

I was SO upset since I had others who would have LOVED that date, not to mention that I could have booked the 9th!

So, now I am down to 3 shows and 1 missing catty host! Ugh! I still had a chance if my last Sat show reached $400, but I doubt it now. It is at $165.

I might try a Black Friday Sale. I might offer Free Shipping on all orders over $40 as long as the order is placed anytime between now and Friday. We'll see how far away I am from $1500.

But, I know what you mean...so close!

I should have reached $7,000 NO PROBLEM - but I had 3 LAME Shows - one is at $48, one at $78, and one at $118. ALL the Hosts have NO DESIRE to even TRY and get more orders!!!! :grumpy:

lisa717 said:
I think the economy is killing us all....I had 4 shows ALL way under last years average!

I have had my best show average ever this month.

I think it is all in what the host's want to do and how they are coached. I coached all of my show's to the $500 show level so they could receive two of the stoneware pieces at 60% off and I wasn't disappointed.

I hope December is better for you.

Well ... 2 of my hosts are not even taking advantage of the stoneware special b/c they don't need it or in the case of 1, can't afford it. Since one of them is a friend, she is letting me get a gift for my sister as part of it.

1. What is "soClose ... and yet ...."?

"soClose ... and yet ...." is a line of kitchen tools and gadgets designed by Pampered Chef that are specifically created to make cooking and baking easier and more efficient.

2. What sets "soClose ... and yet ...." apart from other kitchen tools?

The "soClose ... and yet ...." line is unique because each tool is designed with specific features and functions to address common kitchen tasks and make them easier to accomplish. They are also made with high-quality materials and are backed by Pampered Chef's lifetime guarantee.

3. Can I use "soClose ... and yet ...." tools for both cooking and baking?

Yes, "soClose ... and yet ...." tools are versatile and can be used for both cooking and baking. They are designed to help with a variety of tasks such as chopping, stirring, measuring, and more.

4. Are "soClose ... and yet ...." tools dishwasher safe?

Most "soClose ... and yet ...." tools are dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the specific product packaging or care instructions before placing them in the dishwasher. Some tools may need to be hand washed to maintain their quality and extend their lifespan.

5. How can I purchase "soClose ... and yet ...." products?

You can purchase "soClose ... and yet ...." products through a Pampered Chef consultant or through the Pampered Chef website. You can also host a Pampered Chef party to earn free or discounted products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefinHarmony
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • vanscootin