• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seasoning Roast without Lipton Soup Mix~

In summary, there are many alternative seasoning mixes that can be used instead of Lipton Soup Mix for a roast, such as onion soup mix, ranch dressing mix, and Italian seasoning. The amount of seasoning needed will depend on the size of the roast, with a general rule of 1 tablespoon per pound of meat. Making your own seasoning blend is also an option, using ingredients like garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs, and salt and pepper. The seasoning can be applied to the roast by mixing it with oil or butter and rubbing it on, or by sprinkling it directly onto the roast and rubbing it in. Slow cookers can also be used to cook a roast with seasoning, with a cooking time of 8-10
whiteyteresa
I am getting ready to bake a roast, I usually put it in my slow cooker with 1 envelope of Lipton Onion soup mix, but I forgot to do this early this morning and I also don't have any soup mix

So my question is - What seasoning would I put on my chuck roast? I am going to bake it in the Deep Covered Baker

I have all of PC seasoing, rub, and oils.

I am not every adventureist (???). My family doesn't like trying new things but I do

So please help me, I have to get my roast in the oven before 2:30pm today

Thanks for all you help

"I would like to ask my mom but she has never given me her phone number in heaven so I can't call her ;) "

~

Last edited:
I would use the Rosemary Herb Seasoning after rubbing it with a little of the Garlic Infused Oil but you can't go wrong with any of them really!

I personally don't use anything on my roasts but fresh ground pepper & kosher salt. The kosher salt brings all the natural flavors out. Its really yummy this way.
(psst...kosher salt a magic ingreident! it enhances everything,savory that is!;) )

mmm.... I agree. The rosemary is really good on any kind of roast.

BethCooks4U said:
I would use the Rosemary Herb Seasoning after rubbing it with a little of the Garlic Infused Oil but you can't go wrong with any of them really!

I did it this way and my family LOVE it and it was soooooo moist.:D

Thank you for your help

~

You are welcome! Knew they'd like it! :cool:

Yum!!!!!! :):):)

Related to Seasoning Roast without Lipton Soup Mix~

1. Can I use other seasoning mixes instead of Lipton Soup Mix?

Yes, there are many other seasoning mixes that can be used to season a roast without Lipton Soup Mix. Some popular options include onion soup mix, ranch dressing mix, and Italian seasoning.

2. How much seasoning should I use for a roast?

The amount of seasoning needed will vary depending on the size of your roast. As a general rule, use about 1 tablespoon of seasoning per pound of meat.

3. Can I make my own seasoning blend for a roast?

Absolutely! Making your own seasoning blend is a great way to customize the flavor to your liking. Some common ingredients to include in a homemade seasoning blend for a roast are garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs, and salt and pepper.

4. How should I apply the seasoning to the roast?

There are a few different ways to apply seasoning to a roast. One option is to mix the seasoning with a small amount of oil or melted butter and rub it all over the roast. Another option is to sprinkle the seasoning directly onto the roast and then rub it in with your hands or the back of a spoon.

5. Can I use a slow cooker to cook a roast with seasoning instead of Lipton Soup Mix?

Yes, slow cookers are a great way to cook a roast with seasoning. Simply place the seasoned roast in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-6 hours, until the roast is tender and fully cooked.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
hoosierchef
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • jcwarr
  • Recipes and Tips