• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bitter Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup

In summary, this soup can be made with any type of bell pepper, but red bell peppers may give it a sweeter taste. To roast the red bell peppers, you can use a gas stove or broil them in the oven before steaming and removing the skin. This soup can be made in advance and reheated later, and can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Chicken broth can be substituted for vegetable broth, but it may alter the flavor slightly.
JAE
I made a Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup from Better Homes and Gardens. It has chicken broth, roasted red bell peppers, onions, orange juice, orange peel a tiny bit of salt and sugar. I used fat free, low sodium broth. It needed some flavor, so I went online to a recipe website and found a similar recipe with garlic. I added garlic. Now it's bitter. What should I add? Any ideas? I'd rather not add sugar unless that's the only thing to get rid of the bitterness. I was going to give this away in jars as gifts or take it to Christmas Eve and Christmas dinners. Now, I'm stuck with this huge batch of soup. I purchased a lot of red bell peppers and they aren't cheap. Please, help.

Try a little bit of lemon juice and some brown sugar - the lemon will perk up the citrus already there, and the brown sugar has a teeny bit of molasses. It will add a complex dimension to the soup - should cancel-out the bitterness.

God Bless You!

-praying for Paige and her family-

I would add a bouyon cube and lots of pepper.

1. Can I use any type of bell pepper for this soup?

Yes, you can use any type of bell pepper for this soup. However, red bell peppers tend to have a sweeter and milder flavor compared to green or yellow bell peppers, which may affect the overall taste of the soup.

2. How do I roast the red bell peppers for this soup?

To roast the red bell peppers, you can either place them directly over an open flame on a gas stove or broil them in the oven. Make sure to turn them occasionally until the skin is charred and blistered. Then, place them in a sealed plastic bag for about 10 minutes to steam, which will make it easier to remove the skin.

3. Can I make this soup in advance and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make this soup in advance and reheat it later. It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply warm it on the stovetop or in the microwave until it reaches your desired temperature.

4. Can I substitute the vegetable broth with chicken broth?

Yes, you can substitute the vegetable broth with chicken broth. Keep in mind that using chicken broth will alter the flavor of the soup slightly, but it will still be delicious.

5. Can I freeze this soup for later use?

Yes, you can freeze this soup for later use. Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container or bag. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then warm it on the stovetop or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefchelsea
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies