• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Searching for Rice Cooker Cake Recipes: Help & Suggestions

I also put the cake in the fridge for 30-45 minutes after it comes out of the maker, so it is really cold.You can use any combination of cake mix and icing. We did pink-on-pink during HWC. I usually just do chocolate cake with chocolate icing as it appeals to the masses...and I usually end up selling at least 1 or 2 Rice Cookers that way!
missmindym
I searched the files for rice cooker cake and it only came up with a couple, and when I opened them up they were the exact same thing. Does anyone have anything else or any suggestions? I'm doing this along with the 15 minute fajitas on Saturday.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

In PS micro rice cooker prepare cake mix according to directions; put half a can of chocolate frosting plunk in the middle of batter
Cook uncovered 9 minutes in revolving microwave
Cool about 5 mins
Invert on platter and serve

Add ice cream, cool whip or whipped cream…

???? uncovered ????

hmmm I've always put the lid on when I made the cake..

I've always cooked it uncovered for 10 minutes. I put the lid on when it comes out, during cooling time. Also, my director instructed us to let it cool 30-45 minutes because she's actually had someone burn themself because they get SO hot. That's just in my experience.

You can use any combination of cake mix & icing. We did pink-on-pink during HWC. I usually just do chocolate cake with chocolate icing as it appeals to the masses...and I usually end up selling at least 1 or 2 Rice Cookers that way! :D

I always cook it w/ the cover on, one side latched. 10 minutes is usually enough, but I have been known to flip it over, and discover it was not cooked, then flip it back in and cook for another minute or so (very messy, do over a sink). If it sits for too long, the frosting gets absorbed, and is not as oozy.
See my website for complete instructions, and a cool variation.
/pcLauri
And I always sell at least 2 rice cookers every time!!

I always did it, 8 min on high, let cool 10 minutes. And I don't plunk all the icing in the middle, I use the small scoop & "gently place 6-9 dollops" around the top of the cake.

1. Can I use any rice cooker for making cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of rice cooker for making cakes. However, some models may produce better results due to their specific settings and functions. It is recommended to check the manufacturer's instructions or do some research to find the best rice cooker for cake making.

2. What type of rice should I use for making a rice cooker cake?

For making a rice cooker cake, it is best to use short-grain rice like Japanese sushi rice or Arborio rice. These types of rice are stickier and will give your cake a better texture. Avoid using long-grain rice as it may result in a dry and crumbly cake.

3. Can I use pre-made cake mix for a rice cooker cake?

Yes, you can use pre-made cake mix for a rice cooker cake. However, the proportions of the ingredients may need to be adjusted to fit the size and settings of your rice cooker. It is recommended to follow a recipe specifically designed for rice cooker cakes for best results.

4. How long does it take to make a rice cooker cake?

The cooking time for a rice cooker cake may vary depending on the size and model of your rice cooker, as well as the recipe you are using. On average, it takes about 1 hour to make a rice cooker cake. It is important to check the cake periodically and adjust the cooking time if needed.

5. Can I make different types of cakes in a rice cooker?

Yes, you can make various types of cakes in a rice cooker, including chocolate cake, carrot cake, and even cheesecake. However, it is recommended to use recipes specifically designed for rice cooker cakes to ensure the best results. You can also experiment with your own recipes, but be aware that the cooking time and proportions of ingredients may need to be adjusted.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• fifiplc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • elizabethby
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • winklermom