• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Scratches/Marks on Exec Cookware

In summary, the conversation revolves around the marks and scratches on cookware, specifically in the bottoms of pans and saucepans. The participants discuss only using bamboo and nylon utensils and how the marks are normal wear and tear, but will not affect the cooking performance of the cookware. They also mention the durability of the nonstick coating and how it can withstand some scratching.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I just got my 5 piece exec set and am enjoying it sooo much!! Today, when I went to wash one of my pans, I noticed marks/scrapes on it.:grumpy: My husband SWEARS he has only used the bamboo spoons on it, and I know I've only used the same. It's not "scratched" deep or anything, but it is noticable. It's like there are several light scrape marks. Does that make sense??:confused:

i have them in mine too, where you can just barely see marks in the bottom.

My exec cookware saucepans have circular scratch marks in the bottoms of them (from stirring). Since I'm the only one that uses them :( I can guarantee they have only had bamboo spoons and scrapers in them. It doesn't effect the way they cook so I guess that's normal.

It's going to happenit is cookware and gets used everyday. That is normal wear and tear. Nothing can stay perfect forever....sigh

I have those, too. One of my customers called me worried like you. As long as they are super thin marks, you're okay.

My square griddle has those thin marks on it too. The good thing is that they will never flake like Teflon!

I had a 10 inch skillet that my son used a metal spatula on (large serving spatula). It had aweful scratches but even using it every day they never peeled. - I gave it to him when he moved out (with bamboo and nylon tools) and it's the same now.

Sorry to chime in so late, but I think one thing we need to keep in mind is that bamboo is hard stuff. If bamboo cutting boards are hard enough to dull knife edges, then it stands to figure that bamboo utensils would be hard enough to scratch a nonstick coating.Fortunately, the coating on our cookware is durable enough to withstand a little scratching without falling apart. :)

1. Can scratches on Exec Cookware affect its performance?

Scratches on Exec Cookware do not affect its overall performance. However, deep scratches can potentially create small crevices that may be difficult to clean and can harbor bacteria over time. It is important to regularly inspect your cookware and replace any heavily damaged pieces.

2. How can I prevent scratches on my Exec Cookware?

To prevent scratches on your Exec Cookware, it is recommended to use non-metal utensils such as silicone, plastic, or wooden utensils. Avoid using sharp or abrasive tools, and do not stack or store heavy objects on top of the cookware. Additionally, avoid using harsh scrubbers or abrasive cleaners when cleaning your cookware.

3. Can scratches on non-stick Exec Cookware affect its non-stick properties?

Minor scratches on non-stick Exec Cookware should not affect its non-stick properties. However, deep scratches or cuts can potentially damage the non-stick coating and may affect its performance. It is important to handle and store your cookware carefully to protect the non-stick coating.

4. What should I do if my Exec Cookware is scratched?

If your Exec Cookware is scratched, it is recommended to inspect the severity of the scratches. If they are minor, you can continue to use the cookware as usual. For deep scratches or cuts, it is best to replace the affected piece. You can contact our customer service for assistance with replacement parts.

5. Does the warranty cover scratches on Exec Cookware?

The warranty for Exec Cookware covers manufacturing defects, but it does not cover normal wear and tear, including scratches. However, if you believe the scratches are a result of a manufacturing defect, you can contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • lt1jane