• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save on Baking Essentials with Stoneware Special | Small Orders | Fast Shipping

It is sorta irritating. At my show Tuesday, I had 2 people who both purchased over $60 in product, including a stone for each - and they wanted to...
BlessedWifeMommy
Okay I have a friend who sent me an email asking to buy a cookie cooling rack. I replied that I could order that for her, told her about the stoneware special and suggested she might want to consider the scoops as well. She replied saying order the cookie rack.

So it seems to me a waste of money for her to order just the cooling rack ($14) and pay shipping and tax. It comes to $19.73. I have a hard time emailing her back and telling her the total comes to $19.73!

Help please!

I would think that she'd expect to pay shipping just as though she was buying at a show.Just tell her with shipping and tax, it's $19.73. If she wants to add to her order (or she knows someone else that needs something, she won't pay more shipping).I know the feeling though. I sometimes offer to combine shipping for those with under $10 orders, but I do that less now. If they want to do it, THEY can find someone to combine with.

I agree, tell her the total and put the ball in her court if she wants to add more.

I have a customer like that.. she ordered two $5.50 items (HWC) and her total was around $18.44 .. she didn't think twice and sent me a check. Sometimes people know what they want and don't always think of buying like we do as consultants. :) I'd just give her the total and her options and let her tell you what she wants.

Thanks for the encouragement... Here is what I ended up emailing her...Hi ______,The total will be $19.73 which includes shipping (to me) and tax. Let me know if you want to add anything to the order (the shipping won't change), or if you know of anyone else that may want to order. Also, if you want direct shipping, let me know and I will get you a total).
~ Holly

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Thanks for the encouragement... Here is what I ended up emailing her...

Hi ______,

The total will be $19.73 which includes shipping (to me) and tax. Let me know if you want to add anything to the order (the shipping won't change), or if you know of anyone else that may want to order. Also, if you want direct shipping, let me know and I will get you a total).
~ Holly

That sounds good Holly.

Just wanted to update... She sent me her cc for payment and didn't seemed the least bit concerned. Sometimes I just don't get it! I would never just order one item and pay shipping. Thanks for all the help!

Holly,

Just like we are always told about asking people for shows or to be a recruit, NEVER pre-judge with orders either. I learned that a few years back when I told a friend the total on her order then asked if she knew it would be that much? She said, and I quote, "Of course I did. I am not stupid enough to think it would ship free." I felt like an idiot because I accused her of being dumb! I will never do that again. And no, never combine orders either. Especially without asking. The warranty gets messed up in HO's records then. So ask first. NEVER make a decision for a customer.

I have several very small orders. I'm giving them to a host that's doing a catalogue show to help out the host and keep it at $4 each for shipping. I'll get them from her and personally deliver them.

pampered1224 said:
Holly,

Just like we are always told about asking people for shows or to be a recruit, NEVER pre-judge with orders either. I learned that a few years back when I told a friend the total on her order then asked if she knew it would be that much? She said, and I quote, "Of course I did. I am not stupid enough to think it would ship free." I felt like an idiot because I accused her of being dumb! I will never do that again. And no, never combine orders either. Especially without asking. The warranty gets messed up in HO's records then. So ask first. NEVER make a decision for a customer.

Great advice! What I think is funny (irritating really) is that a lot of people get upset that there is shipping to the show.

BethCooks4U said:
Great advice! What I think is funny (irritating really) is that a lot of people get upset that there is shipping to the show.

It is sorta irritating. At my show Tuesday, I had 2 people who both purchased over $60 in product, including a stone for each - and they wanted to combine shipping. I told them how it would mess up the warranty...but they were still wanting to do it, so I told them that I would need for them to re-write their order onto one order form. They didn't like have to do that, so finally gave up.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking to myself the whole time that if they had to pay regular shipping charges, it would have been WAY MORE than $4.25 for shipping!

ChefBeckyD said:
It is sorta irritating. At my show Tuesday, I had 2 people who both purchased over $60 in product, including a stone for each - and they wanted to combine shipping. I told them how it would mess up the warranty...but they were still wanting to do it, so I told them that I would need for them to re-write their order onto one order form. They didn't like have to do that, so finally gave up.:rolleyes:

I'm thinking to myself the whole time that if they had to pay regular shipping charges, it would have been WAY MORE than $4.25 for shipping!
I have been doing the "slide" talk with my shows and when I talk about the host getting free shipping I tell them that their shipping cost is only $4.25 and they can purchase everything in the book for that same shipping - or a little more if they want it direct shipped to their home. I also point out that when I send a host packet out with just 3 catalogs, invitations and a couple of additionals papers it costs me $4.80 so they're getting a deal. I don't get the complaints any more - but I know that there are still a few who combine.

I too add on small orders like that to a current open show that is close to home. Both the small order customer and the host are grateful and its a win win situation. As for people upset about paying $4.25 to have their order shipped to the host.......explain how much it would cost to ship to their house. PLUS I have a good friend/host who does PartyLite and their shipping to the host is 10% of the order total. So we are much cheaper.

I actually was thinking like you the other day when someone ordered an item for 5.25....total came to 12.13!!!! But, they know the deal, so it's their choice, I suppose!

BethCooks4U said:
I have been doing the "slide" talk with my shows and when I talk about the host getting free shipping I tell them that their shipping cost is only $4.25 and they can purchase everything in the book for that same shipping - or a little more if they want it direct shipped to their home. I also point out that when I send a host packet out with just 3 catalogs, invitations and a couple of additionals papers it costs me $4.80 so they're getting a deal. I don't get the complaints any more - but I know that there are still a few who combine.

Direct Shipping is based on the amount and it is 11% of the order plus $15 if over $130....so it's not just "a little more"!:eek:

I did a Cooking Show the other day and combined 4 smaller orders and charged each person $1.05 for shipping. One lady called me yesterday and wanted to know why the shipping was SO MUCH for her and her friend! I told her what I had done and she said that would be okay then! Guess I should have charged her the whole $4.25!

pcchefjane said:
Direct Shipping is based on the amount and it is 11% of the order plus $15 if over $130....so it's not just "a little more"!:eek:

I did a Cooking Show the other day and combined 4 smaller orders and charged each person $1.05 for shipping. One lady called me yesterday and wanted to know why the shipping was SO MUCH for her and her friend! I told her what I had done and she said that would be okay then! Guess I should have charged her the whole $4.25!

I'm not sure what chart that info is from. But the Direct Shipping charges on the back of the orders forms does reflect it being only slightly more than the $4.25 unless you buy a ton.

Here's the chart:
SHIPPING TO ANOTHER ADDRESS
48 Contiguous States and APO/FPO
Noncontiguous U.S locations: add $5.00
(this charge is to be used in place of $4.25 S&H charge on order form)

DOLLAR VALUE of order CHARGE
UP TO $19.99 = $6.25
$20.00 $29.99 = $7.00
$30.00 $39.99 = $8.00
$40.00 $49.99 = $9.25
$50.00 $64.99 = $10.50
$65.00 $129.99 = $14.25
$130.00 AND OVER = 11%

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Thanks for the encouragement... Here is what I ended up emailing her...

Hi ______,

The total will be $19.73 which includes shipping (to me) and tax. Let me know if you want to add anything to the order (the shipping won't change), or if you know of anyone else that may want to order. Also, if you want direct shipping, let me know and I will get you a total).
~ Holly

I don't know how to quote 2 passages in one reply, so you get a double post!

Don't forget to ask her to Round-UP!!! This is the time of year that the $0.27 would be put to good use!! It makes her math easier in her checkbook, too!

I just had someone order an item last week for under $7 and didn't blink twice at the $4.25 shipping.

The only thing I hate charging shipping on is when someone orders one rub or one spice.

pcchefjane said:

I would NEVER add orders together. If guests or a host do that it is their choice* and they need to work out the division of the shipping. It's not up to us to decide that just like it's not up to us to automatically round orders up even though it's for a good cause.

*I do however ask a guest who only orders a small amount (under $5 or so) if they would want to combine their order with someone else.

I usually put individual orders onto someone's show who is near where I live. I've had a couple people add orders together, but it is up to them to figure everything out. Mentioning the hassle with the warranty when doing that is a good idea.

You could also mention the shipping rates of other direct sales companies - Tastefully Simple is 6.99 to start so even if you only order one $8.99 item you pay 6.99 shipping. Even at the to $20 mark we are still cheaper! And I too believe the customers can do whatever they want - as long as I do not know about it. And if I do I will argue it and I have argued with people before about combining and it happened. Finally and it could not have been to a nicer person! Last night. I got a call from a frantic lady who ordered the Executive 12" Skillet on an order with a friend. She called HO to get it replaced after - she ran the hot pan under cold water after I told them not to run cookware under any water until it completely cooled off - and we all what happened there! She could not get it replaced because there was no order in her name. She insisted it was and well, the customer service person asked her to double check to make sure it was even a Pampered Chef Skillet and so forth. I was surprised they didn't just do it. But apparently they did not just assume - they asked her to call the consultant. She had to get a hold of the host so as to get a hold of me. Then she felt completely stupid. It was ordered under her friends name, not hers. I had to rub it in as well because she was real witch at the show. Just because she thought $4.25 was just to much and made sure everyone knew that. I simply said, Well, you did save $4.25. I hope it was worth all this trouble." Then I made her call HO back so I don't know what they did. I was not going to deal with it. Besides, I got my I told you so in! It made my night! I am so bad aren't I?

Good for you John. I don't think someone like her would learn her lesson on what saving $4.25 on an important purchase or running water on a hot pan but one can only hope so.

pampered1224 said:
You could also mention the shipping rates of other direct sales companies - Tastefully Simple is 6.99 to start so even if you only order one $8.99 item you pay 6.99 shipping. Even at the to $20 mark we are still cheaper! And I too believe the customers can do whatever they want - as long as I do not know about it. And if I do I will argue it and I have argued with people before about combining and it happened. Finally and it could not have been to a nicer person! Last night. I got a call from a frantic lady who ordered the Executive 12" Skillet on an order with a friend. She called HO to get it replaced after - she ran the hot pan under cold water after I told them not to run cookware under any water until it completely cooled off - and we all what happened there! She could not get it replaced because there was no order in her name. She insisted it was and well, the customer service person asked her to double check to make sure it was even a Pampered Chef Skillet and so forth. I was surprised they didn't just do it. But apparently they did not just assume - they asked her to call the consultant. She had to get a hold of the host so as to get a hold of me. Then she felt completely stupid. It was ordered under her friends name, not hers. I had to rub it in as well because she was real witch at the show. Just because she thought $4.25 was just to much and made sure everyone knew that. I simply said, Well, you did save $4.25. I hope it was worth all this trouble." Then I made her call HO back so I don't know what they did. I was not going to deal with it. Besides, I got my I told you so in! It made my night! I am so bad aren't I?

:yuck::yuck::yuck: I had the same thing happen, and it took 8 months - yes, 8 months to completely resolve it!

A woman ordered a mini-muffin pan under someone else's order (and it was a catalog show - so I'd never met either of them) and then, after it was delivered, said it was dented. So, without it being a big deal, I did an exchange. PC said to keep the first one, and sent another one. Well - this one is supposedly defective too. Only, they aren't defective, the "dents" are the little indentations between the wells - it's the way they are made. (okay everyone - jump up and go check your MMP's!)
So - now she wants her money back. This is where it gets really sticky. She can't get her money back, because PC has no record of her ever ordering it. PLUS - PC wants the MMP back, and she doesn't think she should have to pay to send it back. Ummm, okay - you are now in possession of 2 perfectly good MMP's - neither of which you paid shipping on, and you don't want to have to send either of them back????

This went back and forth - I would think it was resolved, and PC would call me again - or the host of the show would call me again....as it turns out, PC did issue a check - to the person who was on the original receipt as the purchaser. So - she had the check, and never gave it to the other woman. The finance dept finally told me they were done with it too, and that they considered it now an issue that had to be resolved between the 2 women.

This was CRAZY! I will never knowingly let people combine orders, because I never want to go through this again!

We should put all of these stories together on a flyer and label it why I should pay my own shipping and handling and put them on our order forms or pass it around at shows especially when we have customers grumbling about spending $4.25. It just might, I said might change their tunes.

What is the Stoneware Special and how can it help me save on baking essentials?

The Stoneware Special is a limited-time offer from Pampered Chef that allows customers to save on a variety of baking essentials, including stoneware products. These items are perfect for baking, cooking, and serving food, and are designed to last for many years of use. By taking advantage of this special, you can save money while stocking up on high-quality baking essentials.

Can I still take advantage of the Stoneware Special if I only want to place a small order?

Yes, the Stoneware Special is available to all customers, regardless of the size of their order. Whether you are looking to purchase just one stoneware product or several, you can still take advantage of the special and save on your baking essentials.

How quickly will my order ship if I take advantage of the Stoneware Special?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide our customers with fast and efficient shipping. If you take advantage of the Stoneware Special, your order will be shipped out as quickly as possible, typically within 1-2 business days. This means you can start using your new baking essentials in no time!

What types of stoneware products are included in the Stoneware Special?

The Stoneware Special includes a variety of baking essentials, such as baking stones, loaf pans, pie plates, and more. These products are made from high-quality stoneware material that is designed to evenly distribute heat and provide excellent results for all your baking needs.

Is the Stoneware Special available for a limited time only?

Yes, the Stoneware Special is a limited-time offer, so be sure to take advantage of it while it lasts. Keep an eye out for other special deals and promotions from Pampered Chef by signing up for our newsletter and following us on social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Intrepid_Chef