• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Worth It to Call for More Orders to Help With Shipping Costs?

In Summary, the customer is unhappy that she is not eligible for the host special and that direct shipping is steep. I offer to help her out and she accepts.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
A customer contacted me today with an outside order. This is someone who has had me on the line for weeks, and it's a huge blessing ... I was in danger of going inactive because I'm $33 short of $200 in sales this month.

The good news is that her order is $61 before tax and shipping.

The bad news is that even with an order of that size:

a) She's not eligible for the host special
and
b) Direct shipping is the only option and it's STEEP ... $10.25!

I do have another order of $10.50 but nothing else ... so not enough to make it its own show.

Is it worth it to call around and try to get another $70 in orders to help her out on shipping?

Of course it is worth it! For the work, you can get yourself more commission and then offer a host special and 10% discount to someone AND she can get the oven pad free.She'd probably appreciate it if you told her what you got her for your efforts...

Di_Can_Cook said:
A customer contacted me today with an outside order. This is someone who has had me on the line for weeks, and it's a huge blessing ... I was in danger of going inactive because I'm $33 short of $200 in sales this month.

The good news is that her order is $61 before tax and shipping.

The bad news is that even with an order of that size:

a) She's not eligible for the host special
and
b) Direct shipping is the only option and it's STEEP ... $10.25!

I do have another order of $10.50 but nothing else ... so not enough to make it its own show.

Is it worth it to call around and try to get another $70 in orders to help her out on shipping?

Ummm...one word: YES!!!

I know ... I just am concerned about getting it in before the deadline.I sent her an e-mail offering to get other orders but explaining that since I need to get it in this weekend, and since that is MY PROBLEM, I'd offer her a break of $5 on shipping. But as it stands, my entire commission is being eaten up by offering breaks to my customers .... so I'm trying NOT to give away the store!

When this type of thing happens to me I make lots of calls and get the show in by the skin of my teeth!

I just had a similar thing happen. The lady found my catalog at the lube center and order a egg separater. I told her that I would include it with a catalog show I had going on so her shipping would be less. With tax and shipping it was a little over $12. She calls and rips me a new one cuz her card was charged that. I thoroughly explained it when she order and again when she called. I refered her to HO cuz she was so nasty. Ok so not similar to yours at all but it reminded me. :) I would totally call some of your current contacts and remind them about the retired items that will no longer be available come Monday. That should get you some sales. If you have a website send an email to your list about the retired items as well. Go for it! You can do it!

Ah Di - do you have your phone calls done yet????

Diane~

I used to feel this way, too, about shipping.

Now, 99% of the time if *I* don't make a big deal out of it (aka: "I am so sorry, shipping is $10) then they don't make a big deal out of it. I don't apologize for shipping prices anymore...just say "thanks for your order, and your total is $blah."

I used to offer to pay 50% of the shipping above the $4 normal shipping (So if their shipping was $10, I would offer to make up 50% of the extra $6) but still felt bad. Now I just act matter-of-fact about it and go on! Much easier, and I make more money that way!!

I do the same things with products. Since $65 or $75 is a lot of money to me, I used to assume that OTHERS would be bothered by the prices on our DCB, or our SS bowl set. Once I got past that and saw the VALUE in these items and not the price tag, I sell them WAY MORE! I just talk about how great they are, how I use them, and what value they will add to their kitchen...not about the price! If *THEY* have a problem with the price, they will usually make a comment and I can help them from there. (as in, get it for free or half price by helping them with their own show...)

Sorry...way more than what you were asking, but I thought it may be helpful to you in the future!

<stepping down from my soap box, now...>

Kelly, you have no idea how much your "soapbox" helped.

Not a lot of calling could get done between 10 p.m. and noon ... I DID try to call a customer who's available during the day ... but most of my calling will be done today. I am headed to work a shift at a fair and hope to get some orders there (but they would be direct-shipped too since I'm not anxious to drive to Canton to deliver an order.)

1. What is "aBlessing and a Curse" all about?

"aBlessing and a Curse" is a cookbook filled with delicious and easy-to-make recipes that are perfect for any occasion. It also includes tips and tricks for kitchen organization and meal planning.

2. Who is the author of "aBlessing and a Curse"?

The author of "aBlessing and a Curse" is a Pampered Chef consultant who has years of experience in the kitchen and a passion for creating tasty and convenient meals.

3. Are the ingredients for the recipes in "aBlessing and a Curse" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in the recipes are common and can be found in most grocery stores. Many of the recipes also offer substitutions for certain ingredients to accommodate dietary restrictions or personal preferences.

4. Are the recipes in "aBlessing and a Curse" suitable for all skill levels?

Yes, the recipes in "aBlessing and a Curse" are designed to be easy to follow and can be made by anyone, regardless of their cooking experience. The cookbook also includes helpful tips and techniques for those who are new to cooking.

5. Can I purchase "aBlessing and a Curse" online?

Yes, "aBlessing and a Curse" can be purchased online through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. It is also available for purchase at select retail stores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • chefsolnick
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • babywings76