• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Please...before I Go Inactive

In summary, " and nothing before it:A chef is looking for potential customers to fill their hosting for the month of March and April. They offer a 60% off special for those who order over $200. The chef is thinking of ways to increase their customer base. One idea is to offer a cooking class at the customer's home. Another idea is to hold a drawing for a free product.
Mel92504
Gold Member
Hello cheffers :)

After some not so good weather in Jan & Feb I had all 4 of my cooking shows for those months cancel (& thankfully changed their dates...but not until Mar & April) & the catty show I had for Feb (still going on) only has one order...

I don't have a huge customer base yet, but I did call ALL of them with CC calls & of course I brought hosting into the conversation...the few shows that I did get booked for March & April...I was sooooo surprised when noone wanted to take advantage of the 60% off special!!!

Needless to say, I'm on the verge of going inactive :(
I really don't want it to come to that point, so I'm throwing around a few ideas...please let me know what you think:

1. I thought about emailing my customers/friends/family & tell them that I am putting together an order & wanted to see if there was anything that they needed so I could put it all together for them for cheaper shipping...

2. emailing my c/f/f & telling them that I have a "sales goal" that I'm trying to reach for the month & wanted their support to reach that...

3. emailing my c/f/f & tell them that I am about to go inactive & need their support (thought this may sound a little desperate)...

4. sending an email that said that anyone who place an order (over a certain dollar amount..not sure the amt though) that they would be placed in a raffle for a free product (I have some new spring products that I'd part with)

Any orders placed I would put them through with the open catty show to help put it over the $200 level & keep me active.

So....what is your opinion?

TIA

I like option 4. Give them something back. Also include the discontinued list so they can pick up some items that won't be available much longer.

I usually offer a 10% discount off of their product total (available thorugh me only) and that is in addition to any past host discount they have.

I have also thought about including a "drawing" of some sort.
I found the link to the thread about offering tickets based on criteria to be entered into a drawing. You may want to leave your "contest" open a few days. Here is the link: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/i-will-stealing-48779/

Another idea:
My director always suggests to do a cooking class at your home (I have yet to do one, but have been dying to try it.) It basically guarantees a "show" for you.
You would charge, say $30, and $5 would be for the ingredients and $25 would go toward their PC order - so it REALLY only costs them the $5. This way you are guaranteed atleast $25 from each person. Chances are someone will order more and with only 5 people you could reach $150. You could also offer a door prize for the cooking class - or do a drawing from one of the guests for a "host" who would earn the Feb special of a 60% off item.

My director says she has better luck getting her classes filled on short notice. She only sends her class email out the week (or less) before. Maybe do it on a weeknight.

Good Luck!

Here is what I did and I got a $1165 show!!! YAHOO That was a good thing to cause everything else wasn't that good. I emailed this out to all me friends in my email box. it worked I had 12 people sign up!

Hey,

I have HUGE goals for February with Pampered Chef!( one is to earn the Trip to Disney in 2010, and the other to help people stock their kitchens with free stuff) However, with it being the new year I still have several dates available to fill in February.So - I need your help, and you will be rewarded for your efforts!!!!

I am asking for 10 people to participate in my $1000.00 Mystery Host Show....so here is the scoop....

I need 10 people to collect $100.oo in orders. ( 10 x100.00 =1000.00)
you can do this by passing around a catalog at work, or in your neighborhood , at ballgames and or family gatherings. I will collect the orders from the 10 volunteers, and tally them and then draw names from the 10 participants... for the show benefits.

Here is what it will look like....
One person will win $ 100.00 in free products
One person will win $ 60.00 in free products
Three people will win 25.00 in free products
One person will win an item @ 60% off
Four people will win one item @ 50 % off.

Plus each participant will receive a gift from me for helping me out!

Gather 150.00 in orders and get an extra chance in the drawing.
Secure a booking ( or book your own show) and you will get two extra chances for the drawing.

Please respond by January 25th with your address so that I can mail your catalogs to you. I need all orders turned in by February 15h.

Everything will be shipped to me, and I will take care of sorting the products and I will deliver it to you. What could be easier??

This will be open to the first 10 people to respond.

Fine Print......
This Mystery Host event works only when at least 10 people participate collect orders from third parties, before tax and shipping. If show sales are below 100.oo then the prizes will be based on the subsequent show level.
This offer does not apply to any hosts that has a show booked with me prior to this invitation.

I look forward to hearing from you!!!

Leigh
That's a great idea and great wording! Congrats on the huge show. I'm definetly going to try this. Thanks!

I do the mystery host thing too, though I do 2 people at $100 free b/c I can say 1 in 5 chance for $100 free for collecting $100 in orders! Everyone gets the 30% off on their order.Plus, there are two options for those that collect extra orders. For every EXTRA $100, get $25 free (b/c that's what every $100 over $1000 earns) OR if they have $200 or more over, they can have their own show any receive the host special, some free product & 10% off for a year.You DO have to find people and follow up with them. But it's a lot less scary to people that don't normally have shows and fun for those that do.

I would do a combo of 3 and 4. Let people know you are in danger of going inactive and ask them to help you, and REWARD them for it!

Thanks for your thoughts! I have done the mystery hostess (in Nov for the SAT) & only had 5 people participate...I was thinking about doing it again in May for HWC so that it wasn't so close to the last time I offered it, & hopefully now that I have a few more customers it'll be more successful.Do you think that I should give anyone who places an order an entry for every $10 they spend for the free gift? Thought that may be more effective than an order of a certain dollar amount...I really don't want to go inactive...so I 'm keeping my fingers crossed...& also going to pamper a business today :)

I would offer #4, and then use the Feb special at 60% off to get the item of choice (like Saute Pan or something to that affect)

1. What does it mean to go inactive in Pampered Chef?

Going inactive in Pampered Chef means that you have not met the minimum sales requirements to remain an active consultant. This includes having at least $150 in personal sales every 3 months.

2. Can I still receive discounts and commissions if I go inactive?

No, if you go inactive you will no longer be eligible for discounts or commissions on your personal sales. You must remain an active consultant to receive these benefits.

3. How can I avoid going inactive in Pampered Chef?

To avoid going inactive, you need to make sure you are consistently making at least $150 in personal sales every 3 months. This can be achieved through hosting parties, selling to friends and family, and promoting your business on social media.

4. What happens if I do go inactive?

If you do go inactive, you will have a 6-month grace period to make up the missed sales and become active again. If you do not meet the requirements within this time frame, you will be automatically terminated as a consultant.

5. Can I reactivate my account after being terminated?

Yes, you can reactivate your account within 12 months of being terminated. However, you will have to pay a reactivation fee and meet the minimum sales requirements to become active again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rlombas
  • CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • KCPChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies