• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Saturday July 14 Update (Paige)

In summary, Friends of Paige Birgfeld are coordinating a search for her in Grand Junction. There are 50 volunteers and dozens of law enforcement and rescue personnel involved. Specific search areas are being withheld as the investigation into her disappearance continues.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Here is today's article from the Grand Junction Sentinal. -leggy

Friends unite for a cause
Volunteers plan search for missing GJ woman
Saturday, July 14, 2007

Friends of Paige Birgfeld said they’ve had dreams about the Grand Junction mother of three asking them to search for her. Some even feel they’ve had strong verbal messages about her whereabouts and distinct details into the case that has baffled authorities since the 34-year-old was reported missing June 30.

“I think everybody feels she’s findable,” said Barbra Campbell, a friend of Birgfeld who joins the official search today. “We feel very strongly that she’s alive. What if we could walk up upon her? That would be the best thing.”

About 50 residents and dozens more law enforcement and volunteer search teams start a massive search and recovery operation for Birgfeld today. Law enforcement has provided areas to be searched, and officials from the Abby and Jennifer Recovery Foundation are tasked with coordinating citizen searchers. Specific details on areas to be searched today are being withheld as law enforcement tries to avoid tainting a possible crime scene.

However, residents can sign up all day today at headquarters at Grand Junction High School to assist in the search. Teams of between four and a dozen people will be sent out to cover specific areas for up to three hours until dark, said Renee Perry, deputy director of the Foundation. Searchers will come back to the base for a debriefing, before heading out again, if they choose. A team leader will communicate with headquarters. Law enforcement, either in uniform or undercover, will be nearby, Perry said.

A first shift starts at 7 a.m. Searchers must be 18 and provide state identification to be processed for background checks. Searchers are advised to wear sturdy shoes, sunscreen and bug spray and bring plenty of water.

Barbra Campbell’s husband, Hans, was called into search as a part of the Mesa County Sheriff’s Department mounted posse. Hans said he’ll be searching in rugged terrain and, in line with most searches, will bring provisions for three days for himself and his horse. Hans said he’d learn his exact area at briefing early this morning.

“I know that we’re trying to cover a lot of ground in a short time tomorrow,” he said.

John Lancaster from Grand Junction said he decided to join the search because of “a deep emotional need to help.”

“Whatever the search may produce will have positive benefits,” he said.

A family friend traveled from Colorado Springs to join the effort, said Frank Birgfeld, Paige’s father. Another friend of Paige’s in her 20s traveled from Denver to join in today’s search.

“The heat...” Frank Birgfeld said. “To me, this is asking a lot of people.”

Foundation members are asking for donations of bottled water and the use of two golf carts.

Birgfeld was last seen June 28. Her car was discovered in flames on July 1 about two miles from her home in north Grand Junction. She is 5 feet, 4 inches tall, weighs 110 pounds and has sandy hair and hazel eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue strapless top with flowers and blue denim shorts.

Amy Hamilton can be reached via e-mail at [email protected].

I love that so many people are feeling her presence and believing that she IS still alive. I know I'm just not convinced that it's time to accept the alternative. I so wish I could be there today.

This article from today's Rocky Mountain News is a long one, so I'm just providing the link. It contains an 'overview' of Paige's life. -leggy

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5629124,00.html

searchingIts 5:45 am in grand junction and I just wanted to quick note that Im off to look for paige. Pray harder than you have ever prayed for today. We will bring her home.

mrbogie68 said:
Its 5:45 am in grand junction and I just wanted to quick note that Im off to look for paige. Pray harder than you have ever prayed for today. We will bring her home.

Good Luck today and be safe!!

This is a delicate posting, but one I feel is important.

Should what we are all praying against occurs, please, whoever posts it, don't just throw it out there. Maybe a separate thread titled 'bad news - paige' or something like that? I, for one, would want a moment to take a very deep breath before reading.

Okay, that's said. Now, here is to Paige coming home today! I too am praying harder today than I have ever prayed.

Thank you for this article - This fills in a lot more details about Paige's life so we understand more about her. I guess that will also make it even harder if we do get bad news but closer if we get the good news we are hoping for. With her gone so long I am wondering about an abduction. The problem is finding her if it as abduction

Thank you for both of those articles. I am so glad they were both focused on postive things about her life instead of the negative. I hope and pray they find her safe today!!

legacypc46 said:
This article from today's Rocky Mountain News is a long one, so I'm just providing the link. It contains an 'overview' of Paige's life. -leggy

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5629124,00.html
I really liked this article. Finally a nice overview of her life without as many of the negative connotations (sp?). It's too bad it's taken this long to have a nice overview of things she has done over the last 10-15 years. I just realized a college roommate of mine (I went to Colorado State) may have been in the same high school class as Paige. I'll have to call her and ask.

I'll be thinking about the search all day today and praying for her safe return. I just wish I was out there to help. Good luck to everyone involved in it! Be safe!

God Bless those of you in her search efforts. Bring Paige Home!

I'll be praying off and on today. I truly hope for everyone's sake that she is found quickly - one way or the other.

Godspeed to the searchers ...

All my prayers and thoughts will be with Paige and the searchers today. My stomach is in knots...

Praying that Paige is found today....

I will be praying every chance I get today, and keeping the search teams in my thoughts.

The RM News article puts tears in my eyes.

I have been praying all morning for a positive outcome for Paige and her family.

Thanks "Leggy" for having the clear mind regarding the posting we really don't want to see.

God Bless all who search for her today.

That was a great article Paige loves her family and wants what's best for them and she is willing to do what she has to to get it. She is a great mom, and I hope coming home today.

The article was very good -- clear and gave a picture of her without any "titillation" -- it focuses on PAIGE, not her jobs. Godspeed to the searchers, I hope they find her safe and sound. I'm looking for the post on "Good News -- Paige is home safely"

Here's a short little blip from the local NBC affiliate.(May have ran last night.)

A Father Thanks Community For Support
Reporter: Elyse Webb
The parking lot of Grand Junction High School was busy, as dozens came by to sign up to help in the search for Paige Birgfeld. Paige's family was on hand to thank each and every volunteer for their time.

Some of the volunteers were friends and family, but the majority were complete strangers. One Grand Valley mother, Tina Turner, knows just what the Birgfeld family is going through. Her 27 year old son went missing 10 years ago and the case has never been resolved.

Volunteer, Tina Turner says, " I know what it's like to search for your child. It terrible not to know where you child is."

Paige's family, though, is holding out hope that they will see Paige again.

Frank Birgfeld, Paige's dad, says "We keep thinking that Paige will walk through the front door."

Here are some local news clips from YESTERDAY regarding the search. (My apologies is these were already posted)

http://www.kjct8.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?clipid1=1585977&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=Birgfeld+Search+Different+with+Possible+Foul+Play&d1=84167&redirUrl=www.kjct8.com&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.kjct8.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp%3Fclipid1%3D1585977%26at1%3DNews%26vt1%3Dv%26h1%3DBirgfeld+Search+Different+with+Possible+Foul+Play%26d1%3D84167%26redirUrl%3Dwww.kjct8.com%26activePane%3Dinfo%26LaunchPageAdTag%3Dhomepage&rnd=85375111

http://www.kjct8.com/global/video/popup/pop_player.asp?clipid1=1586409&at1=News&vt1=v&h1=search+for+missing+mother&d1=96067&redirUrl=www.kjct8.com&activePane=info&LaunchPageAdTag=homepage&playerVersion=1&hostPageUrl=http%3A//www.kjct8.com/global/video/popup/pop_playerLaunch.asp%3Fclipid1%3D1586409%26at1%3DNews%26vt1%3Dv%26h1%3Dsearch+for+missing+mother%26d1%3D96067%26redirUrl%3Dwww.kjct8.com%26activePane%3Dinfo%26LaunchPageAdTag%3Dhomepage&rnd=55205225

I heading to bed (it's 11:30 my time), please post any upates...especially from today's search. Thanks! -kris

More than 70 volunteers join in search for missing woman

posted by: Colleen Locke , Producer created: 7/14/2007 3:00:39 PM
Last updated: 7/14/2007 3:02:25 PM

GRAND JUNCTION – On Saturday, more than 70 volunteers searched for a woman who had been missing for two weeks, but came up empty-handed.

The nine teams of volunteers searched several areas, including a field that was approximately one mile from Paige Birgfeld's car was found burned and abandoned on July 1. The last anyone heard from her was on June 28.

Investigators said earlier in the week they now suspect foul play in her disappearance. They also released information about her employment in the sex industry for a number of years.

Birgfeld's older brother, Craig, joined the searchers looking in the field. He told 9NEWS why it was important for him to do that.

"Selfishly, for myself, I want to find my sister because I love and miss her. More so, I want to find my parents' daughter because I don't want them to go through any more time without her, but mostly I want her kids to have their mom. That breaks your heart more than anything else," Craig Birgfeld said.

The search will resume Sunday at 6:30 a.m.

Don Bedford is leading the volunteers for the Abby & Jennifer Rescue Foundation.

"We want to bring her home. She's got family members that are wondering, 'You know, Where's Mom? Where's my daughter?'" Bedford said.

The Abby & Jennifer Rescue Foundation was established in May 2002, after an initial organization and search for Jennifer Blagg of Grand Junction and her daughter, 6-year-old Abby Blagg.

Jennifer Blagg's body was found in a landfill seven months after her 2001 disappearance. In April 2004, Jennifer's husband Michael was convicted of her murder. He was sentenced to life in prison without parole. Abby Blagg's body has never been found.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved)

No newsWe will be hard at it tomorrow to look for Paige. Thank you for all your prayer and best wishes.

I am new to this site as of an hour ago today and am very saddened by the news of Paige...Although, I didn't know her personally, I can't help but feel such concern and helplessness for her and her family. I am a mother of two girls both under the age of 3 and couldn't imagine....I am hopeful and praying for her safe return tonight. And I must say, It is awesome to see everyone pull together in times like these.... Another Praying for Paige tonight!

Carissidy said:
I am new to this site as of an hour ago today and am very saddened by the news of Paige...Although, I didn't know her personally, I can't help but feel such concern and helplessness for her and her family. I am a mother of two girls both under the age of 3 and couldn't imagine....I am hopeful and praying for her safe return tonight. And I must say, It is awesome to see everyone pull together in times like these.... Another Praying for Paige tonight!

Welcome Angela! This is a great on-line PC community, and we are glad to have you join us. Thanks for posting and for adding to the many prayers for Paige.

Make your way over to the introductions thread and give everyone a big hello!

1. What is the Saturday July 14 Update for Paige?

The Saturday July 14 Update for Paige is a special promotion for our Pampered Chef consultant Paige. It includes exclusive discounts and offers on select products for one day only.

2. How can I access the Saturday July 14 Update for Paige?

To access the Saturday July 14 Update for Paige, you can either visit our website and click on the "Paige's Special Update" banner, or you can contact your consultant directly for more information.

3. Are there any restrictions on the products included in the Saturday July 14 Update for Paige?

Yes, there may be restrictions on certain products included in the update. Please refer to the promotion details for more information or contact your consultant for clarification.

4. Can I combine the Saturday July 14 Update for Paige with other promotions or discounts?

No, the Saturday July 14 Update for Paige cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Only one promotion can be applied per order.

5. When does the Saturday July 14 Update for Paige end?

The Saturday July 14 Update for Paige is only available for one day and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on July 14th. Make sure to take advantage of the offers before they expire!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
calebsmom0822
  • legacypc46