• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Denver Post: Birgfeld-Mesa County War of Words Continues

In summary, the war of words between Paige Birgfeld's father and the law enforcement community in Mesa County are still trading strong language. Frank Birgfeld wants Paige's remains released so the family can commit her body, but the District Attorney says there is no time or approximate time that the remains will be available.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
The Denver Post reported today that the war of words between Paige's father and the law enforcement community in Mesa County are still trading strong language.

Paige Birgfeld's father in war of words with Mesa County over body

Frank Birgfeld would like Paige's remains released so the family can commit her body.

Law Enforcement sees the situation differently. In an email to Frank, the District Attorney said, "...the truth is that there is NO time or approximate time that your daughter's remains will be available to her family. As long as there is the potential for a criminal prosecution of the person or persons deemed responsible for Paige Birgfeld's death, it is absolutely impossible for the remains to be released."

It doesn't look like this is going to be settled anytime soon, either.

That is so sad for the family! I'd want the best for the investigation too, but it's been so long and it doesn't seem to be a top priority for law enforcement. I also wouldn't want my loved one's remains sitting in an evidence box in a shelf in a warehouse. Heart-breaking!

That doesnt seem right. Especially since the case is already so old and cold. I would be one thing if it was relatively recent.

If that was the way it was done, you would have lots of people's remains sitting in evidence waiting for prosecution all over the country! I find it hard to believe they cant release the body for burial. They get as much info and photos as they can, then release. Worse case scenario, they exhume the body later (if buried).

Sounds like a power trip to me.

So very sad.

I agree, VERY sad. From the Law Enforcement side, I can see the reasoning behind it ... they can't allow the evidence to be altered in any way. Burial would introduce new contaminates (DNA of those who handled the remains in the burial process, possible new hair fibers of those same people, fibers from the coffin, new soil samples, etc. - or nothing if the family is wanting to cremate the remains). As heartbreaking as this must be for the family, it's the best case scenario for a conviction. Hopefully this is a sign that they are getting closer to an arrest and know that they will need the evidence for a conviction.

1. What is the "Birgfeld-Mesa County War of Words" about?

The "Birgfeld-Mesa County War of Words" refers to an ongoing dispute between Paige Birgfeld, a former Pampered Chef consultant, and the Mesa County Sheriff's Office in Colorado.

2. Why is Paige Birgfeld in a dispute with the Mesa County Sheriff's Office?

Paige Birgfeld has accused the Mesa County Sheriff's Office of mishandling her case and not properly investigating her disappearance in 2007. She believes they have not done enough to find her and bring her to justice.

3. What prompted the recent developments in the "war of words" between Birgfeld and the Mesa County Sheriff's Office?

The recent developments were sparked by a statement made by the Mesa County Sheriff's Office in response to an interview with Paige Birgfeld's daughter, who claimed her mother's case was not being taken seriously. The statement from the sheriff's office defended their handling of the case and criticized Birgfeld for not cooperating with their investigation.

4. How has Pampered Chef responded to Paige Birgfeld's accusations?

Pampered Chef has not made an official statement regarding the "war of words" between Birgfeld and the Mesa County Sheriff's Office. However, they have stated that they are aware of the situation and are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.

5. Is there any new information or updates on the case?

As of now, there have been no new developments in the case. However, the Mesa County Sheriff's Office has stated that they are still actively investigating and following up on any leads. They also urge anyone with information about Paige Birgfeld's disappearance to come forward.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy