• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confirmed: Found Remains of Paige Are, in Fact, Paige

In summary, DNA testing has confirmed that the remains found earlier this month are those of Paige Birgfeld, a missing woman from Grand Junction, Colorado. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation used Paige's toothbrush and DNA from her parents to confirm her identity. Forensics experts are now searching for the cause of death, with officials considering the case a homicide. The investigation is ongoing, and the community continues to wait for answers. This case is one of many unsolved murders that have affected the community, and the families of the victims deserve closure. Technology has advanced, giving hope for a quicker resolution to this and other investigations. The community remains hopeful that justice will be served for Paige and all other victims of unsolved murders.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
DNA testing has proven that the remains found earlier this month are, in fact, Paige Birgfeld.

KJCT Television News and the Denver Post are both reporting the results of the DNA testing:

KJCT-TV: http://www.kjct8.com/news/30789189/detail.html

Denver Post: DNA confirms found remains are Paige Birgfeld, Grand Junction mother missing since 2007

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation used Paige's toothbrush and DNA from her parents to confirm that the remains are those of our friend, Paige. The remains were previously identified as Paige using dental records, usually reliable, but the DNA test proves identity beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Forensics experts are continuing to search for the cause of death. Now considered a homicide, officials are tight-lipped but the investigation continues.

And once more, we wait.

I guess I was mistaken as I thought they had not gone that far north. But if someone partially buried her, and that of course is part of the evidence I am sure will not be brought up to the public, then I guess it would be possible she was missed the first time. Stranger things have happened. Wind, rain, snow could have blown away enough dry dirt and debris to finally have revealed the body. I hope the rest of the answers come soon. Not sure it would good to hold ones breath though as the rest could take years. It took 20 years for authorities to discover the killer of 2 young people here. And it was only because he was dying that he told anyone in the first place. So...

John, the Kelly Drew and Shelly Hack murder bothered me for many, many years. I worked out in Lake Country when they went missing and when their remains were later found. They weren't much younger than me, either, and I used to attend events at the Concord House, from where they disappeared. Laurie Depies also bothers me a lot, as does a young woman named Amber Wilde. All their families deserve closure.

Hopefully the evidence found with her remains will help identify the suspect and with enough proof to prosecute & WIN. Whoever took her, definitely deserves the punishment. Nothing will ever completely fill the loss in the lives of her family, but I have a feeling that more answers, a valid suspect & a conviction have got to be easier for them both mentally & emotionally ... than forever wondering what happened & knowing that someone actually got away with it. :(

so sad.....praying for the family and that they will be able to remember the good that paige did and the happiness she brought to their lives.....my heart breaks for them....

i too have been touched by unsolved murders....a school friend was murdered in the early 80s and the case still is not solved......i just don't understand the world we live in at times...

Technology has advanced so much over the years that one would hope something will come of this investigation much quicker. Let's hope there is DNA remaining with her that will point investigators in the right direction. I will remain a prayer warrior for her.

Laurie Depies is also one that bothers me. Then there is the newest one. A body found on one of the islands in the McGovern Park Lagoon in Milwaukee. I noticed something interesting about that one as I have not heard anything mentioned on the news about it since the day it was discovered. Unless I am just deaf or something, the police and news casts are keeping it rather quite. I even checked the WISN site and there is nothing new there either. We can only hope that Paige gets her justice. As all the rest of the missing or found and unsolved.

Thank you for the update KG.

KG, thanks for your diligence in keeping us updated on this very sad story. I appreciate the updates.

1. What evidence was used to confirm that the found remains are those of Paige Are?

The confirmation was made through a DNA analysis, comparing DNA from the found remains to DNA samples from Paige Are's family members.

2. How long did it take for the remains to be positively identified as Paige Are?

The process of identifying the remains as those of Paige Are took several weeks. This included collecting DNA samples, conducting tests, and comparing results.

3. Was there any indication of foul play in the case of Paige Are?

At this time, there is no evidence of foul play in the case of Paige Are. However, the investigation is ongoing and all possibilities are being considered.

4. Is there any information on the cause of death for Paige Are?

The cause of death for Paige Are has not been released to the public. This information may be shared at a later time as the investigation progresses.

5. What steps are being taken to bring justice for Paige Are?

The authorities are actively investigating the case and are working to gather all the necessary evidence. Once all the evidence is collected, they will determine the appropriate course of action to bring justice for Paige Are.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies