• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant: Should I Bulk Buy or Go Slow?

In summary, the new consultant should order as many products as they can now while the offers are still available.
Monty060609
As a new consultant, is it best to get as many products as I can now or go slowly?

I was looking at the sample order form and Set A is a great deal but I don't know if I would personally used everything in it. But should I have items for display even if I don't use them?

In my opinion some of it depends on whether you have the money to spend. You want to make money and there will be TONS of stuff you'll want to buy so pace yourself. There are a number of opportunities and ways to get product so definitely think about that before ordering.

There are some things that don't come in the kit that are definite get-as-soon-as-possible items, like the Deep Covered Baker. There are things that guests ask about commonly that are good to have on hand. There are things common in recipes that are good to have. Then there are things that you might want personally.

Some things sell themselves when seen in person, but remember that you have to carry it all into and out of shows, so you'll want to be selective about what you buy/take too!

You'll have a chance in your 4th month (looks like that might be January or February) to purchase up to $500 retail value at 40% off, plus you'll have earned PC Dollars you could use to purchase that product. So I'd try to hold off on most things until then.

You'll probably want to buy some give away items and business materials these first few months too so that's where I'd recommend spending your money first.

hmmm... that sounds good. Maybe I'll order one or two from the smaller samples because I do want to try the pantry items too.
I didn't know about the 4th month. I'll wait for that before I order too many products. My sister is getting me a DCB for christmas, so till then I'll have to do the other recipes at shows.

Thanks for the advise

My opinion is get what you will use in your own kitchen. You will be more excited and better able to explain the products you actually use.

Just an FYI- the sample packages are only available until the end of a new consultant's 6th week. If you're still undecided about them, you can put individual items on a kit enhancement order in your 4th month, but then you'll only get 40% off instead of 50%. But, that's also a way to get some of the items if you don't want everything that's included in a given package.

Thanks for the tip!

Sorry to revive an old post...

How long are the sample sets available when a new catalog comes out?
Looked around online but didn't see it.

It's on the form. Sample Orders must be placed by March 31st (for this season). The exception is brand new consultants.

Thank you for the help

1. Should I bulk buy or go slow when starting as a new consultant?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and budget. Bulk buying can save you money in the long run, but it also requires a larger initial investment. Going slow allows you to test out products and see what sells best for you before committing to a larger purchase.

2. What are the benefits of bulk buying as a new consultant?

Bulk buying can help you reach your monthly sales goals and earn higher commission rates. It also allows you to have a wider variety of products to offer to your customers.

3. Are there any drawbacks to going slow as a new consultant?

Going slow may result in slower growth and fewer sales at first. It also means you may not have as many products to offer to your customers, which could limit your potential earnings.

4. How can I determine the right approach for me?

Consider your budget, sales goals, and personal selling style. If you have the funds and are confident in your ability to sell, bulk buying may be a good option. If you're just starting out and want to take things slow, then the go-slow approach may be a better fit.

5. Can I combine bulk buying and going slow?

Absolutely! You can start with a smaller bulk buy to test out different products, and then gradually increase your purchases as you see what sells best for you. This allows you to have a balance of both approaches and find the best strategy for your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• texasteacher
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • BethanyN
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • KristensCooking