• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sales Tax in Indiana Going Up...

In summary, the sales tax in Indiana will go up to 7% on April 1st. This may have a negative effect on businesses on the Indiana side of the state line, as well as people who earn more money.
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
Hello, all. I just wanted to give a heads up that as of April 1, 2008, the sales tax in Indiana will go up to 7% (it's currently 6%). I have sent a couple of packets out, and did not realize the change went into effect so soon, so I have to call my hosts to make sure they are aware of the change. I wanted to post this for all fellow Hoosier consultants, and those who may be in neighboring states but do parties in our lovely state from time to time. Don't forget to change any order forms or other literature you include with your packet that mention the sales tax.

Tammy

Ooh, thanks! I do shows in IN from time to time. Will probably have more as I have a string of shows on the border coming up.

Tammy,

Thank you! I also do lots of shows in Indiana. . .I didn't even know they were considering a tax increase.

That is going to be a postive thing for businesses on my side of the state line.

MD taxes went up on January 1st from 5% to 6%

I don't know if you already have a tax chart with 7% on it but here is one.

I give a tax chart to each of my host so that they don't have to try to figure anything out

:chef:

Attachments

• Tax_rate_chart 001 7%.pdf
    64.1 KB · Views: 313
now this Saturday I am doing a show in the city limits of Chicago and guess what tax will be for that show? NINE PERCENT!!!! Yes, 9%.The tax is different in every city and town in IL, which is super annoying. Thank goodness now P3 pulls in the tax rates for me. I used to have to look it up for every single show. :)

Yeah, this really stinks!!! They got this signed in while supposedly lowering our property tax - limiting the tax to a maximum of 1% of the homes value.

Now all the cities are crying they won't have enough tax revenue so they are going to increase the county option income taxes which are already at 1% in many counties!

This along with the Congress letting the Bush tax cuts expire. They were talking on the radio today that if you earn $30,000/year your taxes will go up on average $4,000. If you earn $60,000 or more with a family your taxes will go up $9,000! Imagine if you don't have dependents! All of this along w/a recession and $4 a gallon gas! It's been $3.35 here and peeked to $3.45 last week.

I'm really starting to worry about the economy. My husband and I have been saying for years, "How do people afford those big houses, cars, etc." We have a very decent income and can't afford them. I have a hard time feeling sorry for the people they show on TV that loan $350,000 for a house when they know they won't be able to afford the payments! And shame on the banks for taking the risk! I'm tired of them charging me more interest because so many people or reckless with their finances. I lost my job 6 years ago it would have been easy for me to just claim bankruptcy and be done w/the debt, but I knew I signed on the dotted line and I felt obligated to pay it all back. Now the 401K's my husband and I have worked so hard for are in jeopardy!

I'll get down from my soap box now. I'm just going to have to remember to change the tax rate in PP on April 1.

Wow, thanks for the info! I didn't know they were raising it. How did you hear about it??

pamperedgirl3 said:
Wow, thanks for the info! I didn't know they were raising it. How did you hear about it??

It's been all over the news the past week or so. I don't think the actual bill has been signed yet, but will be very soon.

Very good comments, Rhonda. I agree--we are being taxed to death, and people who try to do things right and live within their means are normally the ones who get penalized!

Thanks, Teresa, for posting the tax chart. I never thought about giving one of those to hosts. Interesting idea.

Now, if only this darn rain would stop already! My allergies and sinuses are driving me crazy! I'm almost to the point of hanging tissues from each nostrils and being done with it for a couple of hours! (Sorry, that was probably TMI and a bit gross! :yuck: )

Come on Spring!!

Tammy

Thanks Tammy. I too was unaware. I am rarely seeing the news. The only thing on around here is Nick, Cartoon Network or the Wii

Yeah, Governor Daniels will be signing it today. It wasn't even signed and the Mayor of Fort Wayne is talking about increasing the county option income tax. Now we get to pay even more for a gallon of gas starting April 1st. Yes, gas in Indiana has a per gallon tax (like 40 cents) and sales tax! I sure wish I knew what they were doing with all that money. We have the worst roads in the US I swear! But we do have Ronald Reagan highway. The signs look great around I-469:rolleyes:!

pampchefrhondab said:
Yeah, Governor Daniels will be signing it today. It wasn't even signed and the Mayor of Fort Wayne is talking about increasing the county option income tax. Now we get to pay even more for a gallon of gas starting April 1st. Yes, gas in Indiana has a per gallon tax (like 40 cents) and sales tax! I sure wish I knew what they were doing with all that money. We have the worst roads in the US I swear! But we do have Ronald Reagan highway. The signs look great around I-469:rolleyes:!

I did see that in the paper yesterday. I am so tired of all these taxes!

I didn't even THINK of the gas going up with these taxes! :mad: Our gas in Ft. Wayne is already higher than the national average & now it's going to be even higher. Argh!

What is the current sales tax rate in Indiana?

The current sales tax rate in Indiana is 7%.

When will the sales tax in Indiana increase?

The sales tax in Indiana is set to increase on October 1st, 2020.

Why is the sales tax in Indiana going up?

The sales tax in Indiana is going up to help fund infrastructure and road improvements in the state.

How much will the sales tax increase in Indiana?

The sales tax in Indiana will increase by 0.5%, making the new rate 7.5%.

Will this sales tax increase affect all purchases in Indiana?

Yes, the sales tax increase will affect all purchases made in Indiana, including both in-store and online purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies