• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indiana Sales Tax Update: Understanding the 1% Increase and Filing Deadlines

In summary, sales tax is a tax on the sale of goods and services that is imposed by state and local governments. Whether or not you have to pay sales tax depends on the state and local laws where you are making the purchase, and in most cases, it is only collected on taxable items. The sales tax rate is determined by the state and local governments and can vary depending on the location. When buying online, you are usually required to pay sales tax, and the rate will depend on the state and local laws of the shipping destination. If you need help with sales tax, you can contact your state's Department of Revenue or a tax professional for guidance.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Indiana's is going up 1% as of tomorrow. If I have March shows that doesn't get turned in until April will they pay the upped tax or not?
Does anyone have any idea?

tax rateYou would charge the tax rate as of March - I would think. :)

I was wondering the same thing. I would think the March show would stay at the 6% rate.

I talked to my director (she has been in the biz 20 + years). She said the last time this happened they went by the show date.

I would assume it would go by show date, too.

1. What is sales tax?

Sales tax is a tax on the sale of goods and services that is imposed by state and local governments. The tax is usually a percentage of the purchase price and is collected at the point of sale.

2. Do I have to pay sales tax?

Whether or not you have to pay sales tax depends on the state and local laws where you are making the purchase. In most cases, sales tax is only collected on taxable items, and certain items may be exempt from sales tax.

3. How is sales tax calculated?

The sales tax rate is determined by the state and local governments and can vary depending on the location. To calculate sales tax, you multiply the purchase price by the sales tax rate. For example, if the sales tax rate is 7% and the purchase price is $100, the sales tax would be $7.

4. Do I have to pay sales tax when buying online?

In most cases, you are required to pay sales tax when making online purchases. The sales tax rate will depend on the state and local laws where the item is being shipped to.

5. How can I get help with sales tax?

If you have questions or need assistance with sales tax, you can reach out to your state's Department of Revenue or a tax professional. They can provide guidance and help ensure that you are meeting your sales tax obligations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RaggedyAunt
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
pamperedgirl3
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • esavvymom