• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Maple Leaf Foods Recall affecting your deli meat purchases?

Some of the products that have been recalled include: deli meats, cheeses, and unpasteurized milk and milk products. All of these items are high-risk for contamination with listeria. The best way to avoid getting sick from this outbreak is to avoid eating any of the recalled products.or unpasteurized! hence the "no unripened cheeses" rule. No brie was a tough one to adhere to, but I did it :)
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Boy, this is scary stuff! Here's a list from the CFIA....http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/corpaffr/recarapp/2008/list97be.shtml

Just want to make sure everyone's aware...especially with school coming, I'm sure deli meat sales go up!! Let's hope all stores have taken these off the shelves....don't forget to check your freezer!!

Goodness that's a long list! I buy the Hickory Farms at Christmas but not during the year. I hope they are fixed by then.

nice, huh!? And.. even better it can take between 2-3 wks & 2-3 months for symptoms of listeria poisoning to emerge.The only ML meat we have in the house in a pkg of hot dogs, from a different plant & I didn't see hot dogs on the list yesterday. The scary thing is how many "brands" are affected... no name, schneiders, etc, etc.

I think this is ABSOLUTELY SCARY - I better check out the list :(

Holy Moly - Kirkland brand is Costco stores!!! That is scary stuff!

Is this only affecting Canada? The link takes you to a Canadian site...

As far as I know, Kelly, yes, only Canada is affected.

all the food stuff coming out lately is scaring me in regards to my munchkin... I know listeria can be delt with by adults, but my little munchkin is still too little to deal with it!

and we've got cases of Triple E and West Nile in mosquitos in Mass this year... blah

Wow. That's a lot of sausage to recall. We are out but ds loves those pancakes on a stick. I sure hope those aren't affected in the US.

As fas as I know, the recall affects Canada only. So far, they are attributing 6 deaths to this recall & many more are sick. Since the effects can take weeks to present themselves, the number of people affected is expected to climb dramatically.

I just read in a newspaper that the recall ONLY AFFECTS CANADA. The article said listeria (sp?) elderly and ppl w/ immune system deficiencies. Don't know if that is correct but that is what the article reported.

It is REALLY SCARY HOW MANY brands are affected!

peichef said:
nice, huh!? And.. even better it can take between 2-3 wks & 2-3 months for symptoms of listeria poisoning to emerge.

The only ML meat we have in the house in a pkg of hot dogs, from a different plant & I didn't see hot dogs on the list yesterday.

The scary thing is how many "brands" are affected... no name, schneiders, etc, etc.

It can take up 70 days for Listeria, very scary.

stefani2 said:
I just read in a newspaper that the recall ONLY AFFECTS CANADA. The article said listeria (sp?) elderly and ppl w/ immune system deficiencies. Don't know if that is correct but that is what the article reported.

It is REALLY SCARY HOW MANY brands are affected!

It is only in Canada so far. Listeria can also kill a unborn child as well:eek: Pregnant women should NEVER drink milk or consume dairy products that are pasted the best before date (even if it still "smells" and "tastes good) for this very reason.

So far I am lucky we don't use any of the products that have been recalled.

rennea said:
It is only in Canada so far. Listeria can also kill a unborn child as well:eek: Pregnant women should NEVER drink milk or consume dairy products that are pasted the best before date (even if it still "smells" and "tastes good) for this very reason.

So far I am lucky we don't use any of the products that have been recalled.

or unpasteurized! hence the "no unripened cheeses" rule. No brie was a tough one to adhere to, but I did it :)

Related to Is Maple Leaf Foods Recall affecting your deli meat purchases?

1. What is the reason for the Maple Leaf Foods recall?

The recall was issued due to possible contamination with listeria monocytogenes, a harmful bacteria that can cause foodborne illness.

2. Which products are affected by the Maple Leaf Foods recall?

The recall includes various deli meats and prepared sandwiches sold under the brand names Maple Leaf, Compliments, and Schneiders.

3. How can I tell if I have a recalled product?

The affected products have "best before" dates ranging from October 25, 2020 to December 1, 2020. You can check the packaging for these dates or contact Maple Leaf Foods for more information.

4. What should I do if I have a recalled product?

If you have a recalled product, do not consume it. You can return it to the store where you purchased it for a full refund or dispose of it properly.

5. Are there any reported illnesses related to the recalled products?

There have been no reported illnesses associated with the recalled products at this time. However, it is important to take precautions and dispose of any affected products to avoid potential health risks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
Replies
Views
3RingChef