• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Safe Cleaning Products from Shaklee: Any Experiences?

I'm definitely going to check out Seventh Generation, Method, Sun and Earth, and baking soda/vinegar.
rennea
Gold Member
I am looking at a catty from Shaklee and am interested in there cleaning products, has anybody used any of there stuff before? I really don't like using chemicals in my house and am looking for some good safe cleaning products.

Melaluca the Wellness Company, has a whole line of cleaners that are safe for the enviorment. I use their dishwasher liquid and a couple of other things, really like them. They have a web site. Check it out.

My friends sell shakelee and they love it. I've been meaning to try it, but I always forget to order it. I have heard good things though.

I have it and use some of the products. The H2 cleaner is actually really good full strength. My refrigerator door handles are annoyingly rough (meaning they love the dirt) and it's hard to get it off. That is the only cleaner (toxic or not) that I've had that can get it off. I don't like scented cleansers (even the non-toxic versions) b/c I must have some sort of allergies now so it's nice to clean and not have the smell.

I do wonder HOW well the cleaning solutions you make with it work. Like how clean it really makes it vs soap and water. You know...you see kills everything on most of the typical bottles and I'm just wondering if it's sanitizing anything or simply removing the dirt. Okay...I'm done now :).

Clorox has come out with all natural "Green" cleansers. I have not used them so can't give you a review, I've only seen the commercial - but they might be worth taking a look at.

Cindycooks said:
Clorox has come out with all natural "Green" cleansers. I have not used them so can't give you a review, I've only seen the commercial - but they might be worth taking a look at.

I just bought some & it works. Plus it smells like lemonade!

rennea said:
I am looking at a catty from Shaklee and am interested in there cleaning products, has anybody used any of there stuff before? I really don't like using chemicals in my house and am looking for some good safe cleaning products.

Good safe cleaning products... look into Seventh Generation, Method, Sun and Earth and baking soda/vinegar. I've used all and highly recommend them. I love Seventh Generation's toilet bowl cleaner and they make a great dish soap too. Sun and Earth makes a great laundry soap. Baking soda is great for so many uses, same with vinegar... a gal Vicki Lansky actually wrote a book on the uses for each - I have the one on baking soda... over 500 uses... and very natural.

I love my Livinity c-magic cleaner, no chemicals & works wonderfully.
Never heard of shakalee.

I went to a street fair today and there was a Shaklee rep there. I so want to go Green and their product demo was really amazing. (Plus the rep wants to buy PC!)

We do buy the Green works products by clorox but it is still made by a chemical based company.

Some of their sprays are concentrate and you only add 2 drops to 16 fl oz of water for you "windex" type cleaners. Pretty amazing all that plastic that is saved.

I will probably try it...

I was about to post a question about this company's products when I found this thread. So, bumping this one up.

I know Oprah has featured their products several times. I've checked out their website and read the book by the company owner's wife (Green Goes With Everything)...but would like the opinion of anyone here who uses their products. (This is another DS company, by the way...apparantly been around for a long long time.)

My entire family (2 or 3 generations worth was really involved in Shaklee when I was a kid. They loved the stuff...Couldn't tell you a thing about them, but everytime I see their name, it brings back childhood memories of meetings and such.

I like Gold Canyon Candles' Homeology cleaning products! In fact, I am obsessed! LOL. They use essential oils in their products, it works wonderfully and smells divine!

I have since tried there laundry and cleaning products and they are really good. I am still using the cleaners that came in my starter kit and that was in March of last year. The concentrate last forever because you don't need a lot of it to make a bottle. The kit was really neat and worth the money.JMO

Thanks for the feedback Rennea. Once I started reading up on what is actually in most cleaning products, I started to freak out a little (some would say I already had a head start). Anyway, I like the fact they don't have any fragrances in their cleaning products. Still debating, but good to know their stuff is effective.

I grew up with Shaklee and have also in years past been a Melaleuca rep. I love both companies' products but lean more toward Shaklee since they don't have a minimum monthly amount to order each month. I found myself having to spend about $65 each month on Melaleuca products. I quit the company almost 3 years ago and have just this week finished using up the last of my products that I'd stockpiled. (love the laundry soap).

Shaklee products are really great, go a long way and good for the environment. I'm never sure if the Clorox "green" products are as green as they make it out to be. For some reason, I see the name clorox, I think toxic...it's just the way my brain works.

You've got nothing to lose for trying Shaklee...I say go for it!

Related to Safe Cleaning Products from Shaklee: Any Experiences?

1. What makes Shaklee's cleaning products safe?

Shaklee's cleaning products are safe because they are made with natural, biodegradable ingredients that are safe for both people and the environment. They are also free from harmful chemicals such as phosphates, chlorine, and formaldehyde.

2. Are Shaklee's cleaning products effective?

Yes, Shaklee's cleaning products are not only safe but also highly effective. They are designed to tackle tough cleaning tasks without the use of harsh chemicals, making them a powerful and safe option for your home.

3. What types of cleaning products does Shaklee offer?

Shaklee offers a wide range of cleaning products, including all-purpose cleaners, dish soaps, laundry detergents, and more. They also have specialized products for specific cleaning needs, such as stain removers and degreasers.

4. Are Shaklee's cleaning products environmentally friendly?

Yes, Shaklee's cleaning products are environmentally friendly. They are made with natural ingredients that are biodegradable, and their packaging is also designed to minimize waste and be eco-friendly.

5. Have there been any reported negative experiences with Shaklee's cleaning products?

No, there have not been any reported negative experiences with Shaklee's cleaning products. They are rigorously tested and have been used by millions of satisfied customers for over 60 years without any known adverse effects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • winklermom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
otisbg
Replies