• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Organized: Cleaning List for Busy Stay-at-Home Moms | TIA

In summary, Fly Lady is a helpful resource for organizing your home, but it is not for everyone. The Motivated Moms list is a good option for someone who wants more control over their schedule.
leahevanson
Gold Member
I need some help getting my household organized. Does anyone have a cleaning list, possibly daily/weekly that they could upload? I looked on Google, but all I found was a family list. My toddlers are too young to do anything besides pick up toys, make their beds, and put away their clothes. I am looking for stuff that I would be responsible for. Any ideas?

TIA!

Last edited:
I'd love to see this too. I quit work 4 yrs. ago when twin grandsons were born to stay home with them. I now have them and their brother who is 1-1/2 nine hours a day, 5 days a week. I don't get much done when they are here as I really do like to play with them, and it is my job now. I try to do bits and pieces of cleaning every morning before they arrive. I'd love a schedule if someone would share. I still don't really know what I'm doing (I used to have a cleaning lady one day a week -- I don't know how she did it?!?).

Thank you so much. Hopefully I can find something that works with our schedule!

Hmm...this is what I need. I'm a "sahm" BUT really work part time at several things now...lots new with the new year and volunteer as well. Plus, I'm busier with PC. I LOVE the check list idea. The only thing is whether THOSE tasks work on THOSE days. But in the end, it just *needs* to be done that week. Thanks for the suggestion!

That's what gets me about the FlyLady. Baby steps. I just need to jump in and DO it. As though while I'm just cleaning one thing the other stuff just can be forgotten. I may be missing things there...don't know.I just like the checklist of here's 20 things to do. Okay...DONE. Next? But I'm a jump in with both feet kind of person (works best going into a cold pool too). :). The downside is that I don't think you can adjust it. Obviously there are things that I don't NEED to do, but I already so things that are scheduled that I wouldn't schedule for...but should :). I also appreciate it not telling me to get dressed and brush my teeth, but DOES have easy to do things that I actually may not think of.Hmmm...I suppose that I could get back to cleaning. I need a zapper to shock me whenever I get off task!

I can relate. To be honest...I don't do one baby step a day like you are supposed to. I do step after step until I am burnt out. Fly lady is really helping me with the control journal though...that is what I am in for

Jules711 said:
That's what gets me about the FlyLady. Baby steps. I just need to jump in and DO it. As though while I'm just cleaning one thing the other stuff just can be forgotten. I may be missing things there...don't know.

I just like the checklist of here's 20 things to do. Okay...DONE. Next? But I'm a jump in with both feet kind of person (works best going into a cold pool too). :). The downside is that I don't think you can adjust it. Obviously there are things that I don't NEED to do, but I already so things that are scheduled that I wouldn't schedule for...but should :). I also appreciate it not telling me to get dressed and brush my teeth, but DOES have easy to do things that I actually may not think of.
Hmmm...I suppose that I could get back to cleaning. I need a zapper to shock me whenever I get off task!

That is why I couldn't do Fly Lady, but love the Motivated Moms list.

I guess the same thing doesn't work for everyone - but Fly Lady drove me crazy.....
Shining my sink every night before I go to bed just isn't a priority. Neither is putting on my shoes in the morning unless I am walking out the door. PLUS - I don't want to be put on a schedule minute by minute - I just want a list of daily/weekly/monthly chores to help keep me on track.

I love fly lady. If you drop the ball you can always pick it up again. You'll be in organizational heaven...

ChefBeckyD said:
That is why I couldn't do Fly Lady, but love the Motivated Moms list.

I guess the same thing doesn't work for everyone - but Fly Lady drove me crazy.....
Shining my sink every night before I go to bed just isn't a priority. Neither is putting on my shoes in the morning unless I am walking out the door. PLUS - I don't want to be put on a schedule minute by minute - I just want a list of daily/weekly/monthly chores to help keep me on track.

I think Fly Lady might drive me crazy too! I need to DO it. I don't care what day, but I think I just need a daily list (to do weekly) and then a monthly list that I can tackle one weekend a month. KWIM?

Thanks for all the tips!

ChefBeckyD said:
Check out this thread - I've started using the Motivated Moms chart, and I really like it!

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/does-anyone-use-motivated-moms-47824/

I need this....so I went on and looked at the templates and I think I can work with this! Simple chores, now I can keep track better and know they are getting done. I am a "list" person and like the idea of seeing my accomplishments during the day. Too many days I know I'm tired but don't remember what I got done during the day and then feel like I should have done more. I signed up and will start bright and early in the a.m.!

I love being able to cross things off my list, so to add breakfast/L/D to the list or Shower & Dress or Exercise....it makes it look like I"m accomplishing things each day- I am for Me is is step one to a happy home....a happy (and not stinky) mom :)

Thanks! I am always looking for more ways to get organized

I have a question for all you "list" people...

If you do something that's NOT on your list, do you add it to your list so you can cross it off?

pssst...

I do!!!

Thanks for the Motivated Mom site...I am a Flylady drop out, as well. But, really like the look of the lists!!!

I have a Planner and I put EVERYTHING on it.

Some days all that is listed is: Do Laundry, Sweep, Vacume & Clean Bathroom. LOL Other days every line has something.

I also add things the next day so I can cross them off.;)

nikked said:
I have a question for all you "list" people...

If you do something that's NOT on your list, do you add it to your list so you can cross it off?

pssst...

I do!!!

Thanks for the Motivated Mom site...I am a Flylady drop out, as well. But, really like the look of the lists!!!

Yes, I absolutely do:blushing::D

I lost control of my house a long time ago. I am a neat freak and 2 toddlers, a teeanger and 2 dogs aren't helping my cause :(

1. How do I create a cleaning list that works for my busy schedule?

Creating a cleaning list that works for your busy schedule starts with identifying your priorities. Make a list of the tasks that are most important to you and your family, and then assign them to specific days or times that work for you. Don't be afraid to delegate tasks to other family members or to hire help if needed.

2. What are some tips for staying motivated to stick to a cleaning list?

One of the best ways to stay motivated is to break your cleaning list into smaller, manageable tasks. This will help you feel more accomplished as you cross items off your list. You can also try setting a timer for each task or rewarding yourself after completing a certain number of tasks.

3. How often should I update my cleaning list?

This will depend on your personal preferences and schedule. Some people prefer to update their cleaning list weekly, while others may prefer to do it monthly. It's important to regularly reassess and adjust your list to fit your changing needs and priorities.

4. What supplies do I need to have on hand for my cleaning list?

The supplies you need will largely depend on the type of cleaning tasks on your list. However, some essential supplies to have on hand include all-purpose cleaners, microfiber cloths, sponges, a vacuum, and a mop. Keep your supplies organized in a caddy or basket to make cleaning more convenient.

5. How can I involve my children in the cleaning process?

Involving your children in the cleaning process can not only help you get things done faster, but it can also teach them important life skills. Assign age-appropriate tasks to your children, such as dusting, picking up toys, or helping with laundry. Make cleaning fun by setting a timer or playing music while you work together.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
Carissidy