• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rufth & Hwc Lanyard Qualifications

Contact HO and suggest that they do something like that (send the lanyards, ribbons and pins) for those of you who are overseas (or Alaska and Hawaii). I think they should understand that it's not easy to come up with the extra $$ you would need more than the rest of us.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
It's $150 in donations to get the special lanyard at conference - right?

Does the the $1 from each HWC product count towards this or is it just round-up donations?

Thanks!

pamperedlinda said:

Does the the $1 from each HWC product count towards this or is it just round-up donations?

Thanks!
Yes. It all counts. To get the special seating you have to have $150 in either Round up or HWC though.

That's how I interpreted the info.

BethCooks4U said:
Yes. It all counts. To get the special seating you have to have $150 in either Round up or HWC though.
You mean it's one or the other - not combined? And the $1 from the HWC sales counts?

pamperedlinda said:
You mean it's one or the other - not combined? And the $1 from the HWC sales counts?
To get the lanyard (WHAT IS THAT ANYWAY??) you just need a TOTAL of $150 in HWC and round up combined.

To get the seating it is $150 in either.

thanks Beth. A lanyard from what I understand will be a special rope/string/chain for your name badge - instead of the elastic stringy one.

A Lanyard is a fancy neck strap for the badge.

a lanyard is the cord, ribbon, etc. that is made like a necklace that goes around your neck that people either hang keys, id's for work, etc from. it's kinda like the granny glasses holders but its sewn together with a clippy in the middle to hang things from.

i wish i could draw it--i know you've seen one--just about everybody has--but it's hard to explain. have you gone to the airports? the tsa guys wear them with their id's hanging from it. alot of the sports coaches wear them too or the refs with the whistles.

hope that helps--kinda confusing to explain!

Ohhhh! I love that!! I thought it was a ribbon bar (like the military wear). That would be cool but this is better!! I saw those on some people last year and have been looking for one that wasn't too expensive - SO GLAD I didn't find one!!!!

Thanks!

Braided Lanyards were one of the rainy day craft projects at the Summer Camp I worked at during High School and College.......so anytime there was a rainy week, you would see all the campers running around with these plastic braided lanyards around their necks.....brings back some fun memories!

I'm dying for the lanyard...I hated that bouncy elastic string last year, it really sucked!

About the braided lanyards...I was involved with a big Residence Hall Conference at my college, and our theme was summer camp. The group of directors got together to make them for ourselves and they turned out like a bunch of 4 year olds had made them!! It was rather hilarious! Needless to say, we ended up wearing our whistles on a ribbon...

Can we get the lanyard if we qualified but don't go to conference? I would so use that as a keychain or something! Makes it easy to find my keys and it could hang out of my purse to advertise as well!

Give me a sec and I'll post a picture of a "plain Jane" lanyard...

This is a lanyard...

DSC00002.jpg

I'm pretty sure you have to go to National Conference to get one. Sorry.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Can we get the lanyard if we qualified but don't go to conference? I would so use that as a keychain or something! Makes it easy to find my keys and it could hang out of my purse to advertise as well!
I'm thinking no. I don't believe they send you the pins that you earned if you don't go and this would be the same - anyone ever get their pins mailed to them? ...well if I'm wrong someone will let us know!

Ahhh man! Wonder if they'd hook up those of us overseas? A plane ticket from Germany to Chicago in July is at least $1000!!!! I wish! Guess I'll be waiting till we move back to the states.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Ahhh man! Wonder if they'd hook up those of us overseas? A plane ticket from Germany to Chicago in July is at least $1000!!!! I wish! Guess I'll be waiting till we move back to the states.
Contact HO and suggest that they do something like that (send the lanyards, ribbons and pins) for those of you who are overseas (or Alaska and Hawaii). I think they should understand that it's not easy to come up with the extra $$ you would need more than the rest of us.

Personally, I think they should send the pins to everyone who can't come. At least the main ones like career sales, giving programs, recruiting. Do they send the TPC rings to those that can't be at Nat. Conf.? I sure hope so!

I thought they did. Ya know, I'm going to speak to my director and see what she thinks and they contact HO. If she supports me, that's even better. AND we have a newly promoted AD (not in my line) that lives in the next cul de sac from me. I could even suggest it to her to see if she would support it. I figure the more people that contact HO requesting it, the better. Thanks!

They send TPC rings, but not other goodies.

BethCooks4U said:
...well if I'm wrong someone will let us know!
Don't you know it! LOL

Is there a way in P3 or CC to check where we are at on this??? I've only done 3 shows, but I'm getting almost EVERYONE (about 90% to at least round up to the nearest $)...who knows, I may still earn this by July???

speedychef said:
I'm dying for the lanyard...I hated that bouncy elastic string last year, it really sucked!

Ah....the bouncy elastic string.....GREAT for those of us over 40 that need to S-T-R-E-T-C-H it to read the agenda on the back of your name tag :D HORRIBLE for walking!! That stupid thing just bounces up and down, up and down, especially when you have your pins clipped to it (the weight makes it bounce more!!) :eek:

GeorgiaPeach said:
Ah....the bouncy elastic string.....GREAT for those of us over 40 that need to S-T-R-E-T-C-H it to read the agenda on the back of your name tag :D HORRIBLE for walking!! That stupid thing just bounces up and down, up and down, especially when you have your pins clipped to it (the weight makes it bounce more!!) :eek:

I'm going to dig up my special lanyard from the 2005 conference (25th anniversary year). Remember they gave us that nice one with the pockets?

:eek: In 2005 I wasn't able to go to conference at last minute, hubby ended up in hospital with heart problems, so I had to cancel registration and ask for refund. I had earned a TON of things, HWC, RU, and something else my director had told me about, I got NOTHING none of the bags or anything, I was told by HO if I didn't ask for the refund of conference $ They would ship all the things I earned to me :eek: I was like so I'm going to pay $175.00 for a few pins and a bag?? :( So I didn't get them.

I was so disappointed, but I had to be with hubby, that was and IS more important. Thank God he was ok, but still, give me a break!!

That's of course, jmho!!

Lisa

janetupnorth said:
Is there a way in P3 or CC to check where we are at on this??? I've only done 3 shows, but I'm getting almost EVERYONE (about 90% to at least round up to the nearest $)...who knows, I may still earn this by July???

In case you weren't aware, I believe that the earning ends May 31st. Too late to really look it up, but I don't even think it's for a whole year, is it? There isn't a way in P3, I don't think. Hopefully, it will be there soon.

Hosting a HWC Fundraiser or two could potentially qualify you to earn the lanyard or selling 150 HWC products. My hope is that the lanyard has a usage beyond conference, such as for holding keys. I use one all the time so I don't lose mine (middle age dementia! LOL). I had sent in a request to VIP some time, so maybe they got the idea from that?? Hey, it can't hurt to dream!

Mary

Jules711 said:
In case you weren't aware, I believe that the earning ends May 31st. Too late to really look it up, but I don't even think it's for a whole year, is it? There isn't a way in P3, I don't think. Hopefully, it will be there soon.

March - May - 3 months - $50 a month in donations...I may not make it, but it'll be interesting to see how close I get and that is really not THAT much if you think about it.

But thanks for the info...I didn't think I saw anything in P3...hate to total by hand...

I found some tropical lanyards at Party City - THey have Hibiscus on them

pamperedlinda said:

Thanks!

I missed the announcement about a lanyard. Where did you see it? I want to make my downline aware of it.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I missed the announcement about a lanyard. Where did you see it? I want to make my downline aware of it.
I don't remember. I think it might be in the same anouncement about the Director's event changing to special training. There isn't a special Breakfast of Caring anymore, it will now be the special lanyard and preferred seating at the regular breakfast - I think. Sorry, I don't exactly remember and right now I don't have time to go look it up. I'll try and find it later if someone else doesn't post it first.

pamperedlinda said:
I don't remember. I think it might be in the same anouncement about the Director's event changing to special training. There isn't a special Breakfast of Caring anymore, it will now be the special lanyard and preferred seating at the regular breakfast - I think. Sorry, I don't exactly remember and right now I don't have time to go look it up. I'll try and find it later if someone else doesn't post it first.

The lanyard blurb was in CN - probably March since I'm new and only have gotten 1 I think...

Thanks, Janet!! You're SO cool!!!:cool:

Is the amount raised for RUFTH the amount the item sells for i.e. Trivet is $12 or the amount that PC donates from it? If you can't tell, I am kind of confused. :confused: I have sold 8 of the trivets I think, so I don't know if that qualifies me or not. TIA

All the info was in the special HWC insert in the last CN.

Kimmers, it's $2 per trivet, so you have $16 towards the rewards right now.

DebbieJ said:
Kimmers, it's $2 per trivet, so you have $16 towards the rewards right now.
Plus whatever Round-Up donations made by your customers since September 1.

Thanks. Not doing as good as I thought then.:( Still have time though. :)

BethCooks4U said:
Plus whatever Round-Up donations made by your customers since September 1.
And donations made by you on supply and sample orders. :) You can always add a big donation to a supply order to bump yourself over. ;)

YEAH! I just totalled up my RUFTH donations and trivet sales and I am at $47.52 so far!!!!! I am hoping that I can make it in time!

pixel-_ said:
YEAH! I just totalled up my RUFTH donations and trivet sales and I am at $47.52 so far!!!!! I am hoping that I can make it in time!
Don't HOPE! Do it!!

Tell everyone about it and ASK at checkout. Tell them that since PC partnered with Second Harvest Food Banks our customers have donated over $11 million! Tell them that all donations go directly to the local food bank (the bank that covers the area where the show was held), that $1 buys 2 bags of groceries (verified by my local SHFB) and tell them it's an easy way to help people who are having a hard time. We never know when we might be there ourselves. I tell them that my husband was laid off and we came very close to going to a local food bank ourselves but were blessed for him to get employment before we had to use it. No one knows what is around the corner. When I ask at checkout often they say "but that's only $0.02 or $0.24" and I say every penny helps. Often they add a $1 or more!

If you do that you will see a definite increase in donations. BTW: I also give them permission to NOT donate.

BethCooks4U said:
Don't HOPE! Do it!!

Tell everyone about it and ASK at checkout. Tell them that since PC partnered with Second Harvest Food Banks our customers have donated over $11 million! Tell them that all donations go directly to the local food bank (the bank that covers the area where the show was held), that $1 buys 2 bags of groceries (verified by my local SHFB) and tell them it's an easy way to help people who are having a hard time. We never know when we might be there ourselves. I tell them that my husband was laid off and we came very close to going to a local food bank ourselves but were blessed for him to get employment before we had to use it. No one knows what is around the corner. When I ask at checkout often they say "but that's only $0.02 or $0.24" and I say every penny helps. Often they add a $1 or more!

If you do that you will see a definite increase in donations. BTW: I also give them permission to NOT donate.

I ask EVERYONE at checkout and have about a 90% success rate. Granted that's only 3 shows, but it's working...

janetupnorth said:
I ask EVERYONE at checkout and have about a 90% success rate. Granted that's only 3 shows, but it's working...

always ask! that is the only way!! i just closed a show with 10 guests and all but one did the round up. it made me mad that one didn't spare the 24 cents, but oh well.

The lanyards from 05 were great. I used it all the time, but now I have misplaced it. I hope I can find it before conference because it was so handy to carry your ID, money, and even your cell phone.

As far as Round Up goes, I tell people that I automatically set it up to round up because 1) You help a good cause and 2) its easier to deal with whole numbers. I also say, "But if you have already planned out your charitible contributions for the year, because I know many do, just let me know, I will will not round up your order."

And, WOW! I looked up my totals and I have 33 trivets @ $2 each = $66 and then $52.84 in contributions is $118.84 total, leaving $31.16 to go. Did I figure that correctly?

Then, I have to do $150 in HWC for the lanyard?

I know the cut off for HWC is June 5th, but what about the RUFTH?

How do we find out how much we have roundedup?

In Pampered Partner you go to reports, donations, select the date range and it will give you a list.

Anne: I believe that you get the lanyard if you have a total of 150 in donations...HWC and RUFTH combined...but you have to have 150 in one or the other for special seating. So, your 31.60 will get your lanyard.

<h2>1. What are the qualifications for the Rufth & Hwc Lanyard at conference?</h2><p>To receive the special lanyard at conference, you must make a minimum of $150 in donations. These donations can be made through round-up donations or direct contributions.</p><h2>2. Does the $1 from each HWC product count towards the $150 donation requirement?</h2><p>Yes, the $1 from each HWC product purchased will count towards the $150 donation requirement for the Rufth & Hwc Lanyard at conference.</p><h2>3. Can I make donations through both round-up and direct contributions to reach the $150 requirement?</h2><p>Yes, you can make donations through both round-up and direct contributions to reach the $150 requirement for the Rufth & Hwc Lanyard at conference.</p><h2>4. Do I have to make the $150 in donations all at once or can it be accumulated over time?</h2><p>You can accumulate the $150 in donations over time. As long as you reach the minimum requirement by the conference, you will receive the special lanyard.</p><h2>5. Is the Rufth & Hwc Lanyard the only incentive for making donations?</h2><p>No, there are other incentives for making donations, such as exclusive products and recognition at conference. The Rufth & Hwc Lanyard is just one of the rewards for supporting our charitable causes.</p>

Related to Rufth & Hwc Lanyard Qualifications

1. What are the qualifications for the Rufth & Hwc Lanyard at conference?

To receive the special lanyard at conference, you must make a minimum of $150 in donations. These donations can be made through round-up donations or direct contributions.

2. Does the $1 from each HWC product count towards the $150 donation requirement?

Yes, the $1 from each HWC product purchased will count towards the $150 donation requirement for the Rufth & Hwc Lanyard at conference.

3. Can I make donations through both round-up and direct contributions to reach the $150 requirement?

Yes, you can make donations through both round-up and direct contributions to reach the $150 requirement for the Rufth & Hwc Lanyard at conference.

4. Do I have to make the $150 in donations all at once or can it be accumulated over time?

You can accumulate the $150 in donations over time. As long as you reach the minimum requirement by the conference, you will receive the special lanyard.

5. Is the Rufth & Hwc Lanyard the only incentive for making donations?

No, there are other incentives for making donations, such as exclusive products and recognition at conference. The Rufth & Hwc Lanyard is just one of the rewards for supporting our charitable causes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nene960