• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Disappointed: Canceling Plans for RUFTH Lanyard and Recruiting Recognition

In summary, Debi and Kris are disappointed because they can't go to Leadership Conference in Chicago this year. However, they are grateful for the NC recognition they will receive.
PamperedChefDebi
Silver Member
I am SOOO disappointed. I was supposed to walk, probably get the recruiting recognition for May/June, and receive the RUFTH Lanyard. And that was just the things I can think of right off the top of my head.

We just can't afford it right now. We're a blended family and two of our sons are going to their other parent for the summer. Well, my husband is taking them back on a military flight so that's basically free. My son is only going to the DC area but his son is going to Florida and his mother REFUSES to help pay to get him there. Unfortunately, he didn't get to go last year either so we just can't not let him go see his mom. She had previously agreed to pay $600 but now is acting like she doesn't remember anything about it. So, we have to foot the bill. Money was already tight but now, there's just no way.

So, everyone have fun for me! I'll be impatiently waiting to hear ALL the news!!! Prayerfully I'll make it to Cincinnati in January.

We'll all be pulling for you to come in January! We do understand, too - family comes first.

I'm sorry, Debi :(

We are going to have to have some good, old fashioned NC Recognition right here for those who aren't going to be able to go ...

MomToEli said:
I'm sorry, Debi :(

We are going to have to have some good, old fashioned NC Recognition right here for those who aren't going to be able to go ...

I absolutely agree! You have worked your little tail off and you deserve to be recognized!! But I also think it is incredibly Christ-like to sacrifice this trip for your family. Kudos to you and your DH for not turning this into something ugly--it is always the easy thing to do.

Debi,
I am so disappointed for you! But I, too, admire your strength of character in this situation - it says alot about your spiritual life when you can take the high road like this!
Hopefully we will meet at Leadership - and you can take your much deserved WALK then!

I agree with the others... I admire your ability to put your DS's need to see his mom above your own need to come to Chicago. I'm sure it was not an easy decision to make, but, rest assured that you made the right one. We'll have a toast in your honor at Wave 1!!! See you in January!!! (BTW... I send you a PM.)

Looks like I'm not going as well (today we decide)...money is part of our issue too...flying from here in summer is so expensive!

I'm pretty sure Debi and I will both be at Leadership though...where we will hopefully walk together!!!

So Debi, maybe we can have a girls' night out and pretend we're at the bar with our fellow cheffers! (I'll try to find a tropical fruit hat! LOL!)

kris

I"m disappointing too...4 U!!!
PamperedChefDebi said:
I am SOOO disappointed. I was supposed to walk, probably get the recruiting recognition for May/June, and receive the RUFTH Lanyard. And that was just the things I can think of right off the top of my head.

We just can't afford it right now. We're a blended family and two of our sons are going to their other parent for the summer. Well, my husband is taking them back on a military flight so that's basically free. My son is only going to the DC area but his son is going to Florida and his mother REFUSES to help pay to get him there. Unfortunately, he didn't get to go last year either so we just can't not let him go see his mom. She had previously agreed to pay $600 but now is acting like she doesn't remember anything about it. So, we have to foot the bill. Money was already tight but now, there's just no way.

So, everyone have fun for me! I'll be impatiently waiting to hear ALL the news!!! Prayerfully I'll make it to Cincinnati in January.

I totally understand putting kids first, but was hoping to meet you too.
Take Care and good luck on making it to Cincy!!!

Liz

Wow...you guys really touched me by saying what you have. I do have the attitude that everything happens for a reason. And I'm from Ohio and rarely get home so maybe God has a plan for me to be in Ohio in Januray.

But you all TRUELY enjoy yourselfs!!! I know it will be great!

legacypc46 said:
Looks like I'm not going as well (today we decide)...money is part of our issue too...flying from here in summer is so expensive!

I'm pretty sure Debi and I will both be at Leadership though...where we will hopefully walk together!!!

So Debi, maybe we can have a girls' night out and pretend we're at the bar with our fellow cheffers! (I'll try to find a tropical fruit hat! LOL!)

kris

Well Kris, at least I don't feel left out on my own. :( And WE WILL walk at Leadership!!!

And it's a date for the girls' night out! Tropical fruit hat and all! Though it definitely won't be the same as Ann with her hat and "Post Slut" shirt!! :D

OH, no- I'm infamous! And nobody's even met me yet!

You will definitely have to get together and have a drink - pretend you're in the bar with us. And then do a stage walk for each other. :) hmmm... 10 pm Sunday for the meet 'n' greet is 5 am Monday in Germany. You can have Mimosas or Bloody Marys!

chefann said:
OH, no- I'm infamous! And nobody's even met me yet!
You will definitely have to get together and have a drink - pretend you're in the bar with us. And then do a stage walk for each other. :) hmmm... 10 pm Sunday for the meet 'n' greet is 5 am Monday in Germany. You can have Mimosas or Bloody Marys!

Yeah, but how can we NOT feel like we know you when we see your hat so much!

Well, then we'll have to make sure we get a pic of you wearing it in Chicago!

I'm usually pretty reserved (like to talk to people, but not into doing crazy things) but for some reason I can TOTALLY see myself wearing your hat... just seems like it would fit my personality! Can't wait to meet you... we only have a couple more weeks! Which reminds me, need to update the Wave 1 Countdown thread!

Oh, you guys better post a picture of that!!! Katie, you can make it your avatar!

And YOU can wear the hat in January!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Oh, you guys better post a picture of that!!! Katie, you can make it your avatar!
That was sort of my plan. I can email the pics to people so they can use them and a bunch of us end up with similar avatars. LOL

Related to Disappointed: Canceling Plans for RUFTH Lanyard and Recruiting Recognition

What is the "I Have to Cancel Too..." policy?

The "I Have to Cancel Too..." policy is a cancellation policy that allows customers to cancel their Pampered Chef orders within a certain time frame, typically 24 hours, without incurring any fees or penalties.

How do I cancel my Pampered Chef order?

To cancel your Pampered Chef order, you can either call our customer service team or cancel through your online account. Please note that cancellations must be made within 24 hours of placing the order.

Will I be charged for cancelling my Pampered Chef order?

If you cancel your Pampered Chef order within 24 hours of placing it, you will not be charged any fees or penalties. However, if you cancel after the 24-hour window, you may be subject to a cancellation fee.

Can I cancel my Pampered Chef order after it has been shipped?

Unfortunately, we are unable to cancel orders once they have been shipped. If you wish to return the order, you can follow our return policy guidelines.

How will I receive my refund for a cancelled Pampered Chef order?

If you cancel your Pampered Chef order within 24 hours of placing it, your refund will be issued back to the original form of payment. If you cancel after the 24-hour window, your refund will be issued in the form of store credit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Melissa78
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nene960
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
  • candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies