1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Roast in DCB in Microwave????

1. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

Has anyone tried to do a roast in the Microwave before? I have thawed out a venison roast for supper, and the time has slipped up on me. TIA!!!

Mar 28, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

No, but honestly, I would think it would get tough like the pork tenderloin. Maybe treat it like a chicken????

Mar 29, 2009
  3. missyciccolella

missyciccolella Advanced Member

Did you microwave it? I think venison would become very tough cooked fast...not enough fat, and much better with time. What did you do? :confused:

4. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

I ate sloppy joes I had leftover in freezer from Power Cooking, LOL. Would still love to know if this would work in the future. TIA!

Mar 30, 2009
  5. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

When I make pork tenderloin in my microwave it always comes out great and not tough. I bake it with the lid on for about 10 minutes and let it rest for about another 5 minutes or so. DH loves it!

6. PamperedSheep

PamperedSheep Member

I made my vension in the oven last night. Was delicious, but took a LONG time.

Mar 31, 2009
  7. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

I agree! The pork tenderloin is always awesome this way! One of our "go-to" dishes we make all the time! I make the jerk pork tenderloin salad about 50% of the time at my warm-weather shows, and it always turns out really good and tender!

Beef, I'm not so sure.

Mar 31, 2009
Have something to add?