• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Roast in the Microwave? Tips and Tricks for Perfectly Cooked Meat

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) is a specially designed microwave-safe dish that can be used to cook a variety of dishes, including roasts. The cooking time for a roast in the DCB will vary based on the size, type, and wattage of the microwave, but a general guideline is 10-12 minutes per pound of meat. You do not need to add any liquid or oil to the DCB, as the natural juices from the meat will create steam to keep the roast moist. It is not recommended to cook a frozen roast in the DCB, so it is best to thaw the roast completely before cooking. The DCB is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned with warm, soapy
PamperedSheep
Has anyone tried to do a roast in the Microwave before? I have thawed out a venison roast for supper, and the time has slipped up on me. TIA!!!

No, but honestly, I would think it would get tough like the pork tenderloin. Maybe treat it like a chicken????

PamperedSheep said:
Has anyone tried to do a roast in the Microwave before? I have thawed out a venison roast for supper, and the time has slipped up on me. TIA!!!

Did you microwave it? I think venison would become very tough cooked fast...not enough fat, and much better with time. What did you do? :confused:

I ate sloppy joes I had leftover in freezer from Power Cooking, LOL. Would still love to know if this would work in the future. TIA!

c00p said:
No, but honestly, I would think it would get tough like the pork tenderloin. Maybe treat it like a chicken????

When I make pork tenderloin in my microwave it always comes out great and not tough. I bake it with the lid on for about 10 minutes and let it rest for about another 5 minutes or so. DH loves it!

I made my vension in the oven last night. Was delicious, but took a LONG time.

pamperedharriet said:
When I make pork tenderloin in my microwave it always comes out great and not tough. I bake it with the lid on for about 10 minutes and let it rest for about another 5 minutes or so. DH loves it!

I agree! The pork tenderloin is always awesome this way! One of our "go-to" dishes we make all the time! I make the jerk pork tenderloin salad about 50% of the time at my warm-weather shows, and it always turns out really good and tender!

Beef, I'm not so sure.

1. Can I really cook a roast in the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) is specifically designed for microwave use and is safe for cooking a variety of dishes, including roasts.

2. How long does it take to cook a roast in the DCB?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and type of roast, as well as the wattage of your microwave. As a general guideline, plan for 10-12 minutes per pound of meat. It's always best to use a meat thermometer to ensure the roast is cooked to your desired doneness.

3. Do I need to add any liquid or oil to the DCB when cooking a roast?

No, the unique design of the DCB allows for the natural juices from the meat to create steam, which helps to keep the roast tender and moist. You do not need to add any additional liquid or oil.

4. Can I use the DCB to cook a frozen roast?

It is not recommended to cook a frozen roast in the DCB. It is best to thaw the roast completely before cooking to ensure even and thorough cooking.

5. How do I clean the DCB after cooking a roast?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but if you do not have a dishwasher, you can easily clean it by soaking it in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before using a sponge or cloth to wipe away any food residue. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils that can scratch the surface of the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tpc.patty
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • magentablue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • esavvymom