• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

RLF Fundraiser: Approaching Teams and Booking Shows

Hi, I am contacting you as a possible donor for your Relay for Life team. I am a survivor of breast cancer and I am so excited to be able to help out in any way I can. I was wondering if you would be interested in holding a fundraiser for your team? I am happy to provide any information or assistance you might need. Please let me know, as I would love to get started as soon as possible. Thank you for your time,[
amy07
for those of you have done a RLF fundraiser, have you approached a Team or have they been booked from/at a show?

If you approached them, how did you do it?

I had a guest at a show, that was the area leader- she invited me to come to their kick-off meeting, and explain about PC fundraising. I ended up with 4 relasy for life Team fundraisers. You can also search American Cancer Society webiste, to locate town leader, and call them about coming to their kick-off meeting.

I formed my own team and do fundraisers for other teams and mine.
Sally Wilhite

I have been involved with Relay for eight years now, and I've been a committee member five out of eight of those years. I attend the team captain meetings and at one point the event chair (who knew I was a consultant) asked if I'd like to offer the fundraising opportunity. Last year two teams did two small fundraisers...not a whole lot, but at least I was getting my name out. :) For anyone who has never been to a Relay For Life event, I highly recommend getting involved...not just because of the business, but because in general it is a VERY amazing event to witness, especially if you're there for the majority of the time.

I am also on the committee. I was on a team for a year and my team quit so I joined the committee. I was going to go in and present a fundraiser at the January meeting, but the night of the meeting conflicted with something else that I had to do, I can't remember now. But usually the meetings with the Relay are the same nights as my cluster meetings...so I go to the cluster meetings.

mrssyvo said:
I had a guest at a show, that was the area leader- she invited me to come to their kick-off meeting, and explain about PC fundraising. I ended up with 4 relasy for life Team fundraisers. You can also search American Cancer Society webiste, to locate town leader, and call them about coming to their kick-off meeting.

Did you have packets ready to go when you got there or how did that work?

No, I just went to the meeting to discuss fundriasing, and I set up a time to meet with each leader. At the time, I was preparing to move, and so all of the fundraisers were on-line, which worked best for the leaders as well, because they were so busy.

mrssyvo said:
No, I just went to the meeting to discuss fundriasing, and I set up a time to meet with each leader. At the time, I was preparing to move, and so all of the fundraisers were on-line, which worked best for the leaders as well, because they were so busy.

Excellent! Thank you!

sklay723 said:
For anyone who has never been to a Relay For Life event, I highly recommend getting involved...not just because of the business, but because in general it is a VERY amazing event to witness, especially if you're there for the majority of the time.

AND, if you are a survivor, or know someone who is, it is a very fun, upbeat, and emotional 24 hours of your year.

Sallie
7 1/2 year survivor! :sing:

I have a gal that contacted me and we are in the process of organizing a fundraiser for her and the 3-day breast cancer walk. I will try and undate here as I get it set up.
karlene

I am so excited! :chef:

I just heard back from my local Relay for Life organizer. She sounded intrested! I offered a fundraiser for them, as well as a donation for their silent auction.

Relay is great! I have 2 fundraiser in March. What a great time with the new items and all. I have one at the first of March and one at the end. Both are going to be done open house style due to the fact each team is over 100 people. One is over 200!!! :thumbup:

mrssyvo said:

I am having a hard time finding the contact info for the leaders. Any suggestions?

I'll try to help you... send me a PM with your city and I'll see what I can find for you...

Ok - I am having trouble with wording for an e-mail to my local leader. Does anyone have anything already typed up?

Not that this is the best, but here is what I used... (In the future I probably would send more detail in the first email).

I would like to help raise funds for the Relay for Life. And would also be interested in donating an item for the silent auction.

Pampered Chef fundraisers are very popular and a great way to raise funds. The organization receives 10-15% of sales directly from Pampered Chef, and I donate an additional 10% of sales from my commission.

Please let me know how I can be involved and who I need to speak with.

Thank you,

It is great to hear back from you. I would be happy to meet with you to discuss the options and the benefit to Relay for Life. Depending on sales Pampered Chef contributes 10% to 15% of sales and I am willing to contribute an additional 10% of sales (2/3 of my commission, the remainder of my commission will be used for catalogs etc...). I want to assure you that I am not profiting off of doing fundraisers. In addition to the percentage contribution, Pampered Chef contributes an additional $3 per future booking.

There are 4 options when it comes to fundraising with the Pampered Chef. We can do one, all or any combinations of these options. I am willing to customize a fundraiser to meet your needs.

1) One (or more) traditional kitchen shows where instead of host benefits there would be a contribution to Relay for Life. I would prepare a recipe for tasting and demonstrate the products. This can be done in small groups or larger groups (depending on location size).

2) A sample and shop open house, where instead of a demonstration, we would have gatherings where people could place orders.

3) A catalog show, where we make flyers explaining the benefits and pass out catalogs, & collect orders.

4) Online show, where we direct people to place orders on my website.

Also I am willing to donate a item for the silent auction. Please let me know how I go about making a contribution and what value of item you are looking for.

Please let me know when would be a good time to meet with me, or feel free to call me anytime so that I can answer any of your questions.

That looks great! Thank you for sharing@

BlessedWifeMommy said:
I want to assure you that I am not profiting off of doing fundraisers.

I am curious about this one. What do you all think about making a profit off of fundraisers?

Ok, this is what I have so far...

My name is _______. I am a local Pampered Chef consultant, and I am interested in helping local Relay For Life team leaders raise funds for their teams! I would love to share our fundraising program with you, or any of the team leaders.

I am not sure how to end it off. Any suggestions?

turtle15 said:
I am curious about this one. What do you all think about making a profit off of fundraisers?

Well it's not totally true, I do profit by getting future bookings and sales. I think that some people would be turned off by a business (me) wanting to profit while they are raising funds. It probably could be left out.

turtle15 said:
Ok, this is what I have so far...

My name is _______. I am a local Pampered Chef consultant, and I am interested in helping local Relay For Life team leaders raise funds for their teams! I would love to share our fundraising program with you, or any of the team leaders.

I am not sure how to end it off. Any suggestions?

Sounds good. Hopefully others will jump in with more suggestions.

Ok - I sent my e-mail! Hopefully I hear something back!

I am doing a RFL fundraiser on March 11th. It is county wide & already advertised in the county newspaper. The group already has 10 catalogs circulating too. I am very excited!

stacywhitlow said:
I am doing a RFL fundraiser on March 11th. It is county wide & already advertised in the county newspaper. The group already has 10 catalogs circulating too. I am very excited!

I will soon have my advertising for my county wide RFL fundraiser as well. I am looking forward to doing it for sure. I am doing a seperate one just for our team (we still need a name). I am hoping for a strong turn out.

Did you email the Contact Coordinator?

I made a flyer using one of the ones I found on here. I wanted to share, but it is in publisher. I'll post it, but I am trying to figure out how to convert it to a file others who don't have publisher can use (I just made another thread asking for help).

Attachments

• fundraiser for Relay for Life sample.pub
    71.5 KB · Views: 312
nldavis321 said:
Did you email the Contact Coordinator?

Yes, that is who I contacted, someone else eventually resonded, but that is how I started.

Is publisher the only format that you have of your flier? I'd love to see it but don't have Publisher.

funinyourkitchen said:
Is publisher the only format that you have of your flier? I'd love to see it but don't have Publisher.

Same here would like to see it in Word if you have it.

Thanks!

Here is a pdf... I don't know how to recreate it in word. Sorry!

Attachments

• fundraiser for Relay for Life sample.pdf
    55.6 KB · Views: 562
Very Nice, thank you!

If you are doing a RFL fundraiser and want to have you info put on the flyer, I will update it and email it to you... Just PM me the details and I will work with you.

When you do this fundraiser, does it have to be for the whole team or can it be for an individual? I know NOTHING about it, but DH's coworker is on a team and I contacted her about it, who told me that she would speak to her captain about it..that's why I wondered if it was a "team" thing or if she wanted to do it herself, can she do that?

chefsteph07 said:
When you do this fundraiser, does it have to be for the whole team or can it be for an individual? I know NOTHING about it, but DH's coworker is on a team and I contacted her about it, who told me that she would speak to her captain about it..that's why I wondered if it was a "team" thing or if she wanted to do it herself, can she do that?

I don't think there would be a problem with your friend doing it herself, but she is probably safe in asking. Plus, if she gets others intrested, the more your name gets out there!

Good luck!

I've had a team contact me to say they are interested in doing a catalog fundraiser for their Relay for Life Team. I've never done one of these before .. is there anything different I need to know or do when setting up her show? Is "Relay For Life" enough information for the organization field in PP3? Or do I need a team name? Thanks for your help.~Patti

I am so frustrated. I have tried contacting the local Relay for Life coordinator about attending their meeting (tonight, after being postponed from last week), and have not heard from her. I did reach her once, and told her about the fundraising opportunity. She said she was going to pass it by the team captains to see if there was interest, but has not gotten back to me! There are about 30 teams.

Brenda you should be able to go the relayforlife*******.com, in the ** area place your county name. I know it works here in IL hopefully it will work for you as well.

I have a meeting on Thurs night w/ the Head Coordinator and all the capains of a county wide RFL. The Head Cooridnator asked me to do a presentation and have info for them...WHAT DO I SAY? I am sooo nervous, I don't even know that much about RFL, other than some of the things I've read here!
I'm shaking in my boots! I need some serious brainstorming in order to look like I know what I'm doing and talking about! Any suggestions?

Steph you will do fine just give a pitch such as you would for a cooking show. You only need to make sure you have enough information for whoever decides to have a PC fundraiser.
I set up simple folders with half page order forms, envelopes, and catalogs. This seemed to be simple enough for me. I am a team captain as well. Right now we are doing a RFL overall fundraiser and I have two teams (one of which is mine).

tlag1986 said:
Steph you will do fine just give a pitch such as you would for a cooking show. You only need to make sure you have enough information for whoever decides to have a PC fundraiser.
I set up simple folders with half page order forms, envelopes, and catalogs. This seemed to be simple enough for me. I am a team captain as well. Right now we are doing a RFL overall fundraiser and I have two teams (one of which is mine).

For the half page order form, is this something that you made up?
I have no idea how many captains are going to be there, I will email the Head Chair tomorrow to find out. What kind of folders? Like a student 2 sided folder?
When making a pitch, do you they usually decide that night, or is this something they will let me know about? I think if I do the folder idea, I will just include one catalog, and if they decide to go w/ the fundraiser, I'll give enough for the team? One per team member to pass around?

I would have at least one per team member. My folder is simple two pockets, and purple in color to match RFL colors. I find some will decide that night and others will talk it over with other team members. I only gave a single catalog as well. If they want or need more than do offer to give them what they need. My OOF is simple and two per page just to give them more. My hope is they will get them all filled out. I hope I answered all your questions? PM or email me if you need to.

Attachments

• FundraiserOrderForm[1].doc
    89.5 KB · Views: 414
One per team member just for the pitch? I was thinking of having one per captain for the pitch and then if they go w/ me, I'll make up the rest and give them beforehand.

The purple folders is an AWESOME idea!

Just did my first Relay FR of the year and it was $564! SO CLOSE to the 15% but this is from a team of just 4 people! Which I think is pretty darn good! I have a bigger one (100 people) end of the month

1. How do I approach a team for a RLF fundraiser?

Approaching a team for a RLF fundraiser can be done in a few different ways. You can reach out to teams directly through email, social media, or by attending team events or meetings. You can also partner with local organizations or businesses to help connect with teams in your community.

2. What should I include in my pitch when approaching a team for a RLF fundraiser?

When pitching a RLF fundraiser to a team, be sure to highlight the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show, such as earning free products and supporting a good cause. You should also explain the process of how the fundraiser works and provide any necessary materials, such as order forms and catalogs.

3. How can I persuade a team to host a RLF fundraiser?

To persuade a team to host a RLF fundraiser, you can offer incentives such as a higher percentage of sales going towards their cause or additional host rewards. You can also provide testimonials from past successful fundraisers and showcase the impact that hosting a show can have on their cause.

4. Have you had more success approaching teams or booking shows at events?

This can vary depending on your approach and the type of team or event. Some Pampered Chef consultants have had success approaching teams directly, while others have had more success booking shows at events where there is a larger audience and potential for more bookings.

5. How do I handle objections or concerns from teams when approaching them for a RLF fundraiser?

If a team expresses concerns or objections about hosting a RLF fundraiser, take the time to address their concerns and offer solutions. For example, if they are worried about the time commitment, you can offer to handle most of the organization and set-up for the show. If they are hesitant about reaching their fundraising goal, you can offer to help promote the show and provide tips for maximizing sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • cathyt
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies