• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Raise Major Funds for First Response Team - Help Needed!

In summary, the First Responder's need to raise money to buy a new radio system by January of 2013. The team had about 40k saved up. The treasurer stole the money and ran. Ms. C. is the new treasurer and is trying REALLY hard to recoup this money and more so they can get their radio system. They are not eligible for grant money and they are all volunteers so this is really hard for them. Ms. C. approached my friend about helping them do a fundraiser. The goal for now is $5K. If the fundraiser reaches $2500 in sales, my friend is willing to donate all their commission.
ShelbyMichalek
HELP! I just got approached by a really good friend of mine to help their First Response Team raise some major bucks.

Background:
My friend, (I'll call her Ms. C), and the rest of the First Responder's need to raise money to buy a new radio system by January of 2013. The system costs around 100k.

The team had about 40k saved up. The treasurer stole the money and ran. Ms. C. is the new treasurer and is trying REALLY hard to recoup this money and more so they can get their radio system. They aren't eligible for grant money and they are all volunteers so this is really hard for them.

She approached me about helping them do a fundraiser. What is a realistic goal for them to try to reach with this fundraiser? There are 17 on the team and most are men, only 3 women, but I know they are a great group of people that would probably do anything for their cause.

I would love any advice, tips, goals, etc to help me help them.
I've never done a fundraiser before but I intend to make this one a smashing success.

Help me help out this amazing team of men and women!

UPDATE: Also, I know there is a flyer with fundraiser details on the CC somewhere but I can't find it. Does anyone know where I can find it?

Last edited:
To raise $40K on a Pampered Chef fundraiser alone, they'd have to sell more than $260,000. I think it's one great way they can work toward their goal, but I don't think it's realistic to think they can do it with just a PC fundraiser.

For good info, there are some great attachments in this thread:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f5/fundraiser-letter-27199/

And this file is a great read to get a better understanding on the fundraiser:

http://www.chefsuccess.com/attachme...an-answers-nancy-jo-ryan-fundraising-tips.doc

Like Noora said maybe not all at once but they can have several fundraiser throughout the next couple of years, they have until 2013 right??

Right. Like I said, I was wondering what a good goal would be for now?

Thanks for the attachments.

Im new at this but maybe they could do a traditional fundraiser with passing around catalogs but also doing a big event where people can order and you could donate part of your commission on top of th emoney from PC and you could also raffel of some gift baskets of Pampered chef items people will pay alot more to help the cause. Like others have said it wouldnt solve everything all at once but it might help more than just a traditional PC Fundraiser

How much do you want to help them out? With your goal of submitting $5K in March...are you willing to donate all your commission from the Fundraiser if they reach a certain level, like $2500 in sales? Think about it...17 people. If each one collected $150 in orders (5 orders of $30 a piece) it would be half your goal for March. You know TPC will give 15% for sales over $600, but then there's no added goal. On a group fundraiser, I offer 5% of my commission @$1250 in sales and another 5% (10% total) @ $2500 in sales so that they get 25% of the product total. At $3000, I add a bonus $25, then another $25 at $4000, etc. I also donate $10 for each booking when that party closes. I have a goal sheet that explains this, but it is not saved on this computer, just in my online outbox. If you PM me your email, I'll send it to you.Remember, they can have long-distance friends and family order with direct shipping, so 5 orders of $30 in product is not hard to get. And if they each collect 5 orders of $50, it is $4250 in sales. If you donate all your commission, they are getting $1275 (30%)! My sheet breaks it down into managable goals since 5 orders of $50 doesn't sound as daunting as "Let's have a fundraiser where we sell $4000 in product since you'll get over $1000!"

Seeing what others posted while I was typing, I have two more thoughts. (1) They can do a fundraiser every 6 months (when the new catalog comes out) to regularly generate funds this way. (2) You can either use the Host Specials or hold a regular show to obtain large items for a raffle or silent auction, like selling $10 tickets for the 7-piece set of cookware. They will need to do other fundraisers of course, but hopefully this will get them started.

It sounds like you may be looking for a point of reference. I just did a quick and easy fund raiser for CMN. The workplace wanted to raise some money for this charity. I did a quick demonstration and put out catalogs. The building had 80 employees. THe employees alone place $2400 in orders. I donated and additional 10% because that is a favorite charity of mine.

In the end they raised $480 with little to no effort. Imagine if we had the employees out asking people too!
We also did a mini raffle. Tickets for a $100 shopping spree. $3 or 2/$5. We sold $300 in tickets. Used the initial $100 to buy the products and the rest went to charity. The great thing was the $100 also generated the 25% from the fundraiser.

Just some perspective!

1. What is the First Response Team and why do they need help?

The First Response Team is a non-profit organization that provides aid and assistance to communities affected by natural disasters. They rely on donations and fundraising efforts to continue their important work.

2. How will the funds raised be used by the First Response Team?

All funds raised will go towards providing immediate relief to those affected by natural disasters. This includes providing essential supplies, equipment, and resources to help communities recover and rebuild.

3. How can I get involved and help raise funds for the First Response Team?

There are many ways to get involved and help raise funds for the First Response Team. You can participate in fundraising events, donate directly to the organization, or even organize your own fundraiser to support their cause.

4. Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes, the First Response Team is a registered 501(c)(3) organization, so all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.

5. How will the First Response Team ensure that my donation is used effectively?

The First Response Team is committed to transparency and accountability. They regularly publish financial statements and reports to show how donations are being used. Additionally, they have a team of volunteers and staff dedicated to ensuring that all funds are used effectively and efficiently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• loreo
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
loreo
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
country cook
  • cookingwithdot