• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Do a "Phantom" Fundraiser?

a drawing! It can be anything you want as long as it's something that will generate interest and get people talking. Something like a $25 giveaway would be great!
cathyskitchen
Gold Member
I was asked about a week ago if I could be part of a fundraiser for the Nat'l MS Society that two women are doing this Friday night (to raise money for their MS walk). I already had a show scheduled for that night - not a bad problem to have - but I really still wanted to do it. I told them that I'd be happy to set up a table with duplicate products (I have several), catalogs, order forms and a simple recipe to sample (I'm making Profiterole Puffs, mostly b/c I have all the ingredients already).

One of the girls who is selling handmade jewelry at the event is a former PC consultant and cluster-mate of mine, and I know she'll be able to help out with the forms and such, and any questions about the products. The chairperson of the event loves to cook and loves our products, too, and said she'll probably be able to sell a lot as well. I'm planning to have a sign posted that 15% of all sales will go to NMSS, and an additional $3 per show booked will also be donated. I'm also offering free shipping with orders of $50 or more (since I can't be there to help bump up orders!!).

Am I forgetting anything? I am going to the host's house early to set up on Friday (bringing my own table, etc.) and I asked if I could take everything down the next morning, since my show is about 45 min. away and I might not be home until after 11pm from that - they are fine with this. I'm really bummed that I can't be there for it, esp. since the location is only 5 minutes from my home (IDEAL!) and I'm hoping to get some solid booking leads for Fall from it.

I plan to have drawing slips out for people to fill out - do you think I should do a drawing of some sort? If so, what should I offer (I usually do a $25 GC)? Any advice or BTDT advice would be greatly appreciated! I want this to be successful for myself as well as the society, and I want to make sure they ask me back for next year's event (and I'll make sure I can be there in person!). Thanks in advance!!

cathyskitchen said:
I was asked about a week ago if I could be part of a fundraiser for the Nat'l MS Society that two women are doing this Friday night (to raise money for their MS walk). I already had a show scheduled for that night - not a bad problem to have - but I really still wanted to do it. I told them that I'd be happy to set up a table with duplicate products (I have several), catalogs, order forms and a simple recipe to sample (I'm making Profiterole Puffs, mostly b/c I have all the ingredients already).

One of the girls who is selling handmade jewelry at the event is a former PC consultant and cluster-mate of mine, and I know she'll be able to help out with the forms and such, and any questions about the products. The chairperson of the event loves to cook and loves our products, too, and said she'll probably be able to sell a lot as well. I'm planning to have a sign posted that 15% of all sales will go to NMSS, and an additional $3 per show booked will also be donated. I'm also offering free shipping with orders of $50 or more (since I can't be there to help bump up orders!!).

Am I forgetting anything? I am going to the host's house early to set up on Friday (bringing my own table, etc.) and I asked if I could take everything down the next morning, since my show is about 45 min. away and I might not be home until after 11pm from that - they are fine with this. I'm really bummed that I can't be there for it, esp. since the location is only 5 minutes from my home (IDEAL!) and I'm hoping to get some solid booking leads for Fall from it.

I plan to have drawing slips out for people to fill out - do you think I should do a drawing of some sort? If so, what should I offer (I usually do a $25 GC)? Any advice or BTDT advice would be greatly appreciated! I want this to be successful for myself as well as the society, and I want to make sure they ask me back for next year's event (and I'll make sure I can be there in person!). Thanks in advance!!

Sounds like your pretty well prepared. However, if I could add anything, I would say... definately do a drawing! Whether it's a product you have on hand or a GC, a drawing is a good way to go. I got SO many leads from a home show that I did by giving away the Roaster (I got it for 60% off and it was a big home show with lots of people) I had people stop by simply for the fact that they wanted to check out the drawing and then they got interested in everything else I had to offer once they were there. It was a very good thing. Hope that helps.

OhmyDLM said:
Sounds like your pretty well prepared. However, if I could add anything, I would say... definately do a drawing! Whether it's a product you have on hand or a GC, a drawing is a good way to go. I got SO many leads from a home show that I did by giving away the Roaster (I got it for 60% off and it was a big home show with lots of people) I had people stop by simply for the fact that they wanted to check out the drawing and then they got interested in everything else I had to offer once they were there. It was a very good thing. Hope that helps.

Thanks - I will definitely put drawing slips out. I don't have a lot of extras right now, and I find most people like to get a GC anyway, so maybe I'll just do that.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what to bring to each show - man, it's hard! I'm thinking of bringing higher-priced items to the fundraiser and just the kit products and future host specials to the show, but there are so many things that I look at and go, "but I have to have that at my show!" Ugh! What to do?! I asked DH, but he has no idea. He's supportive, but really is clueless when it comes to the details! ;)

The kit and things for future hosts is probably enough. Don't carry too much.

It sounds like you have a great plan in place for the fundraiser! It's wonderful that you are able to support such a great cause while also promoting your business. I would definitely recommend having a drawing of some sort. This can be a great way to generate more interest and potentially increase sales. You could offer a gift basket filled with some of your favorite products, or even a cooking class or demonstration for the winner and a few friends. Also, don't forget to bring plenty of business cards and flyers to hand out. This will give people a way to contact you after the event if they are interested in hosting a show or purchasing products. Overall, it sounds like you have everything under control and I'm sure it will be a successful event. Good luck and have fun!

Related to Ever Do a "Phantom" Fundraiser?

1. Can anyone host a "Phantom" fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

Yes, anyone can host a "Phantom" fundraiser with Pampered Chef! Whether you are an individual looking to raise money for a cause, or a group or organization in need of fundraising, Pampered Chef is happy to partner with you for a successful event.

2. How does the "Phantom" fundraiser work?

The "Phantom" fundraiser works by having a designated host distribute Pampered Chef catalogs and order forms to friends, family, and acquaintances. The host will then collect orders and payments, and submit them to Pampered Chef. A percentage of the sales will be donated to the fundraiser cause.

3. Is there a minimum sales requirement for the "Phantom" fundraiser?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement of $150 in order to receive the fundraising benefits. However, there is no maximum limit, so the more sales, the more money raised for the cause!

4. How long does the "Phantom" fundraiser last?

The "Phantom" fundraiser can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks, depending on the needs and preferences of the host. This allows enough time for participants to submit their orders and for Pampered Chef to process and ship the products.

5. What kind of products are available for the "Phantom" fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers a wide variety of kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items that are perfect for any home cook. With over 500 products to choose from, there is something for everyone in the catalog. Plus, new products are added each season, so there is always something new and exciting to offer for your fundraiser!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies