• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Restoring Shine to IC Dipper After Dishwasher Cleaning

In summary, the conversation centered around the best way to clean the IC dipper after it has been cleaned in the dishwasher. Suggestions included using silver polish or barkeeper's friend, as well as avoiding putting the dipper in water or the dishwasher. Some participants shared their personal experiences with discoloration or damage to the dipper.
JackieBozeman
Gold Member
I've checked the files but didn't get a hit. Does anyone know the best way to clean the IC dipper after it has been cleaned in the dishwasher. I've lost the shine and it is dull with the gray coating coming off when I dry it. Your suggestions would be of great help. I actually had to purchase a new one for my shows because I was so embarrassed. I should take it with me to show folks why dishwasher cleaning is not advised :(

Sorry, I don't know of a way to clean it. But I do what you said - I do take an old one to my shows! Some Dishwashers can also solidify the gel - causing the dipper to not work. I'm curious to see if there is a way to clean it!
Joanne

JackieBozeman said:
I've checked the files but didn't get a hit. Does anyone know the best way to clean the IC dipper after it has been cleaned in the dishwasher. I've lost the shine and it is dull with the gray coating coming off when I dry it. Your suggestions would be of great help. I actually had to purchase a new one for my shows because I was so embarrassed. I should take it with me to show folks why dishwasher cleaning is not advised :(

i've had mine for years, long before i started as a consultant. It got sat in the sink alot, sat in water alot....still works, but is discolored. I bought a new one to carry with me in my TTA b/c it was so ugly.

There is no way to clean it. The color is due to a change in the composition of the metal. I would just toss it.

If you ordered another one for shows, just use it at home. It still works. But, it will be a good thing to show people why they shouldn't put it in the dishwasher...or let it sit in the sink of water.

You can clean it with silver polish or barkeeper's friend. Both are available at the hardware store and most grocery stores now. That will make it shiny again.

finley1991 said:
You can clean it with silver polish or barkeeper's friend. Both are available at the hardware store and most grocery stores now. That will make it shiny again.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to have to try the silver polish. My DH left it sitting in water, when I was out of town and it looks awful.

Tracy

My helpful sister put mine in the dishwasher when she was up for the 4th. I appreciated her help with the kitchen... but now I have an ugly grey scoop. I'll try the silver polish.

finley1991 said:

I have one that sat in water too, I'll have to try barkeeper's friend.

FYI-BarKeepers friend is what they recommend for MOST stainless steel products. I have Emeril's Stainless Steel Cookware and it is the ONLY thing i clean it with. Just a little added info......you can use it with a simple dishcloth i would NOT use it with a scratchy sponge or anything like that...

Barkeeper's Friend Rocks!!! It's great on copper also.

kris

YES, my pans have copper ring at the bottom....is makes them SOOOOOOOOOO PRETTY! (which reminds me they need a little cleaning, thaks)

What about the stainless cleaner?

Tara1021 said:
i've had mine for years, long before i started as a consultant. It got sat in the sink alot, sat in water alot....still works, but is discolored. I bought a new one to carry with me in my TTA b/c it was so ugly.

chefmelody said:
My helpful sister put mine in the dishwasher when she was up for the 4th. I appreciated her help with the kitchen... but now I have an ugly grey scoop. I'll try the silver polish.

You'd better be glad that's all it did! I have a customer whose husband put hers in the dishwasher and the "plug" (I guess that's what you'd call it) in the end of it melted and all the goo inside went all over the inside of her dishwasher! :eek: She said she had a terrible time cleaning it up!!!

I have a guest that just got the IC dipper a few weeks ago and she brought it today to work with dark grey spots on it. Not alot, but enough that it doesn't look brand new like it is. She says she did not put it in the dishwasher b/c she knew not to and asked her fiance if he left it in water - he says no. Is there anything else that causes these spots? Since she only has it a few weeks, can I do an adjustment on it for her?

Melissa78 said:
I have a guest that just got the IC dipper a few weeks ago and she brought it today to work with dark grey spots on it. Not alot, but enough that it doesn't look brand new like it is. She says she did not put it in the dishwasher b/c she knew not to and asked her fiance if he left it in water - he says no. Is there anything else that causes these spots? Since she only has it a few weeks, can I do an adjustment on it for her?

Leaving it wet, such as setting it to air-dry on the counter, can cause the dark spots. If someone wants it to look like new for a long time, they need to rinse it, dry it off completely with a towel and put it away immediately after each use.

Thanks Ann. Would they do an exchange for me?

Probably. In such an instance, I'd probably have the customer call to do the exchange.

1. How can I restore the shine to my IC dipper after cleaning it in the dishwasher?

In order to restore the shine to your IC dipper, you can try using a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and water. Soak the dipper in this solution for a few minutes, then scrub with a soft sponge or cloth. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel.

2. Can I use any type of cleaner to restore the shine to my IC dipper?

No, it is not recommended to use harsh or abrasive cleaners on your IC dipper as it can damage the surface and affect its performance. Stick to gentle and natural cleaners like white vinegar or lemon juice.

3. How often should I restore the shine on my IC dipper?

It is recommended to restore the shine on your IC dipper after every few uses or when you notice a buildup of residue or dullness. This will help maintain the quality and appearance of your dipper.

4. Is it safe to use the IC dipper after restoring the shine?

Yes, it is safe to use the dipper after restoring the shine. Just make sure to rinse it thoroughly and dry it properly before using it again.

5. Can I use the same method to restore shine on other Pampered Chef products?

While the vinegar and water solution may work for some other Pampered Chef products, it is always best to check the care instructions for each specific product. Some may require different cleaning methods or products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mspibb
  • makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies