• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning the Food Chopper Without a Dishwasher

In summary, Jessica recommends rinsing the chopper immediately after use and soaking it in hot soapy water if it has been sitting around. The best way to get into the corners is to use a bottle brush.
ChefJesssica
How do you clean the food chopper? I always feel like I cant get into the little corners very well. I sit there trying and trying to get the wash rag in the corners. (No dishwasher). Does anyone have any tips? I feel like I am missing something really big with this! I stopped letting my husband use it because I got so frustrated cleaning it!

Jessica,I always rinse my chopper as soon as I finish using it, and so far that's kept anything from really getting stuck in the corners. Then, when I doing the dishes, I take it apart and let it soak in some really hot soapy water. Rinse it off, pop it into the dish drain until morning, and I'm done.HTH.

So can you take the metal part out of the white thing?

lol, I hope that makes sense!

Ohh Don't Do That!Your best bet is to get a bottle brush of some sort, a smaller one, if your worried about it. That way you can get into the folds on the blade without cutting up your fingers. Should be just the ticket.

I rinse mine immedialty. But when my DH leaves it sitting around I do soak mine for 5-8 minutes in soapy water then rinse/ wash it and it comes clean.

use a toothbrush to scrub in there.

I'm assuming you don't have a dishwasher right? I just throw mine in there.

I use the small bottle brush that's made to clean baby bottles. It fits into the corners of the food chopper easily. I haven't tried it, but maybe the brush that comes with the baster might work also.

i use a toothbrush but am going to try the small nipple brush with my bottle brush after reading this to see if it will get in the corners better.

1. How do I clean the blades of the food chopper?

To clean the blades of the food chopper, remove them from the base and wash them with warm, soapy water. Use a small brush or toothpick to remove any food particles that may be stuck in between the blades. Rinse thoroughly and dry before reassembling.

2. Can I put the food chopper in the dishwasher?

No, the food chopper should not be put in the dishwasher. The blades are sharp and can damage other dishes in the dishwasher. Additionally, the heat and harsh detergents can cause the blades to dull or rust.

3. How do I remove stains from the food chopper?

To remove stains from the food chopper, mix equal parts of baking soda and water to create a paste. Apply the paste to the stained areas and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge. Rinse thoroughly and dry.

4. What is the best way to dry the food chopper after cleaning?

The best way to dry the food chopper is to hand dry with a clean towel. Make sure to dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling. Alternatively, you can air dry the parts on a dish rack.

5. How often should I clean the food chopper?

We recommend cleaning the food chopper after each use. This will prevent food particles from building up and potentially affecting the performance of the chopper. It is also important to clean the chopper before storing it for long periods of time to prevent any bacteria growth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • WLMcCoy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tlag1986
Replies