• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Tips for Food Chopper Blades

In summary, the author suggests using a bottle cleaner and a kitchen brush to clean the blades on the Food Chopper, using a citrus peeler to get into tight spaces, or a toothbrush if the blade is particularly dirty. Additionally, the author recommends using a softer-tipped cleaning brush for harder-to-reach areas.
ms_twana
I have a couple of items that I have a hard time cleaning sometimes. So, I thought I'd get some tips here.

It's hard for me to get down to the bottom of the blades on the Food Chopper. I'm afraid I'll cut myself.

You can try to use the nipple cleaner of a bably bottle brush.

I only use the dishwasher for the blades.

I use our scrub brush, it is a nice cross selling tool for cleaning stoneware and sharp cutting tools.

I use the kitchen brush also - I use it for the chopper, salad chopper, cookware, stoneware, wedgers....etc...I usually sell 4-6 each show~:D

I use a toothbrush

I use our old cake tester to get down into the corners. Otherwise, the kitchen brush.

I try and rinse as soon as I finish using it so I don't have to find a brush. How do you guys get our kitchen brush to fit in the narrowest part?

I'm with you, Laurie - I rinse it off right away, or set it in another container in the sink (pot, pan, mixing bowl, etc) so it can "soak" before I put it in the dishwasher. The main point is to not let whatever you've chopped, get dried & glued onto the blades. My husband doesn't get that part,and never rinses it, so the soaking really helps for that case.

I always keep a citrus peeler near my sink. Works on a few of our products...:D

JennyJennJen said:
You can try to use the nipple cleaner of a bably bottle brush.

Great idea!!! Thanks.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
How do you guys get our kitchen brush to fit in the narrowest part?

Yes. Please share. My brush won't get deep enough.

I use a bottle cleaner as well, but before I had kids, I wrapped a wash cloth around a knife and got in that way :p Both before I had a dishwasher :/ Scary times, indeed!

I'd love suggestions on how to prevent that nastiness on our QSP paddles. How do you clean it? How do you keep it from getting that gunk?

It's gross and annoying! lol

You can pull that paddle off and clean it. And I'm a fan of bleaching my pitcher - because I make tea in it and it stains. But usually I just pull the paddle off and scrub it with the kitchen brush. If it's really nasty then I add about 1/4 cup bleach with some hot water and let it sit for a bit.

I supplement the kitchen brush with the citrus peeler or the old rag around the knife trick!;)

I like to use the brush from the turkey baster set, as it's alot skinnier, and goes very easily into the blades of the Food Chopper....

I have a guest who has a "very old" round stone which has recently developed a sticky bottom surface. She stated that she does NOT use spray oil. Any cleaning ideas?

a baking soda paste should get the stone clean

I was told that the "STICKY BOTTOM" is because the grease has finally soaked all the way thru the stone. I have that on the bottom of my large bar pan and I make bacon in it all the time. My upline Director said that if I didn't use parchment paper, which I don't, then it will eventually soak all the way thru. This could be the case with her stone as well. It may come a bit clean, but more will soak thru.

I have used denture cleaner tablets before to 'soak' the tight spots tools. Sometimes have to use a toothbrush if the stain or stuck on food is stubborn.

Our new soft tip cleaning brushes work great to get down into hard to reach small places.

Shelly Flanagan said:
I was told that the "STICKY BOTTOM" is because the grease has finally soaked all the way thru the stone. I have that on the bottom of my large bar pan and I make bacon in it all the time. My upline Director said that if I didn't use parchment paper, which I don't, then it will eventually soak all the way thru. This could be the case with her stone as well. It may come a bit clean, but more will soak thru.

I know this is a post from 2011, but anyone that's reading it....this upline director is a quack! Stones are non-pourous! Things don't "Soak all the way through." It has probably acquired residue from other stones it could be resting on. It simply needs to be cleaned with some baking soda. "Soaked all the way through!" Ugh! I'm blown away at the lack of product knowledge!:eek:

Erm, not for nothing, but same thing happened to my large bar pan before I started using parchment paper when I cooked bacon on it.
It was really gross and took almost a whole box of baking soda to get the gooey stuff off the bottom of the pan.

I always soak my food chopper, but I also use the PC bottle brushes to get into the small nooks.

I also use automated dishwasher detergent to remove tea stains from my pitcher and even my coffee pot. Just squeeze a drop onto a sponge and wipe it on the stain and it instantly comes off.

What is the best way to clean food chopper blades?

The best way to clean food chopper blades is to disassemble the chopper and wash each part separately with warm soapy water. Use a small brush or toothbrush to remove any food debris that may be stuck on the blades. Rinse thoroughly and dry before reassembling.

Can I put my food chopper blades in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your food chopper blades in the dishwasher as the harsh detergents and high temperatures can damage the blades and affect their sharpness. Hand washing is the best way to clean them.

How do I remove stains on my food chopper blades?

To remove stains on your food chopper blades, try soaking them in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar for a few hours. Then scrub with a small brush or toothbrush and rinse thoroughly.

Should I oil my food chopper blades?

No, it is not necessary to oil your food chopper blades. Oiling can actually cause buildup and make the blades less effective. Simply wash and dry them after each use to keep them in good condition.

How often should I clean my food chopper blades?

It is recommended to clean your food chopper blades after each use to prevent any buildup or residue. However, if you use the chopper frequently, you may want to clean the blades every few uses to ensure they are thoroughly clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
  • WLMcCoy