• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Replacing My Favorite Jeans: A Shopping Adventure

a random store that I can't remember the name of. I don't think they are a western store though.I don't have a western wear store near me, but I do have a store that specializes in leggings and jeggings. They are called Journeys and they have a huge selection.
candiejayne
I went to fold them this morning and noticed that the butt ripped out of them. I'm so sad, I have to buy a new pair. I don't wear jeans very often, so I only have the one pair that fit just perfect. :cry:

hehe i get to go shopping tonight!

sorry for the weird post, topics I've been following have been really serious, so I wanted be a dork and start a stupid thread.

I've blown up so much since Thanksgiving I hate shopping.

I had lost a bunch a weight and right before thanksgiving went shopping for new clothes. Now I can't even wear my new sweaters...:cry:

It's my own fault. I just have to plan this out.

Have fun shopping tonight!

Shopping is never fun for me LOL! I'm anywhere from a size 20-24 depending on the style, and I HATE it when the smaller size doesn't fit LOL! I think I'm going to run on my lunch hour, that way I have to hurry, make a decision fast, and I won't have time to shop around for other things. I spend way too much when I shop around.

As for the weight thing, thats why my clothes don't fit right. 2 years ago, I was 50lbs heavier then I am now, but I've also gained about 10 lbs in the last year, so everything i have is either too big or too small.

Andrea- I've found the best larger-size jeans at Lane Bryant. The sizing is weird (they number them starting at 1, even though their sizes start at 14), but they have shapes so the waist and the hips/butt will fit. I've had problems in the past with jeans that gap at the waist when the hips fit, and theirs fix the problem. They're more than jeans from a discount store, but are a good investment, especially if you take care of them so they last longer.

I hate when that happens!!

Funny you mention this today... I just got my new jeans in... I order them through Lands End custom. I have a weird body shape that doesn't usually fit the traditional skinny waist, large hips shape of most jeans. I also like narrower toward the ankles. Anyway, after about 3 tries, I finally got the cut right on these. They cost a bit more and you have to pay shipping to send back while you're tweaking but once you get the right fit, OMG, it's amazing to pull on jeans and have them fit EXACTLY right EVERYWHERE. They also last a long time. My last pair lasted 3 years of regular use!

PampChefJoy said:
Funny you mention this today... I just got my new jeans in... I order them through Lands End custom. I have a weird body shape that doesn't usually fit the traditional skinny waist, large hips shape of most jeans. I also like narrower toward the ankles. Anyway, after about 3 tries, I finally got the cut right on these. They cost a bit more and you have to pay shipping to send back while you're tweaking but once you get the right fit, OMG, it's amazing to pull on jeans and have them fit EXACTLY right EVERYWHERE. They also last a long time. My last pair lasted 3 years of regular use!

That is so good to know! I've been debating for a couple months about getting the Lands End Custom jeans. I love everything I've ever had from Lands End.
I have a sweatshirt that I bought from there in 1995, and it still looks and wears like almost new!

I'll have to look into LE Custom jeans - I didn't know they made them. I'm short and short-waisted and very hard to find jeans that fit me right.

Do you have a western wear store near you? There's one near me that I never thought about until I was on a quest for jeans. I was getting really discouraged at the mall b/c they pretty much only have petite jeans in RL and I didn't want to pay that much $$. The western store has a gajillion styles and makers to choose from, and they are half what you pay in the mall. They don't have petite, but they do carry different lengths and different rises - I have found that the low rise jeans that would a bit hoochie on a taller woman fit me just right (no hoochie about them when you are short). My favorite labels at the cowboy store (Horse Town if you have one near you) are Rockies and Cruel Girl Jeans.

You have my sympathies, Andrea. I always become emotionally attached to jeans that fit me well.

I love Cruel Girl jeans. I get them at DH store.

I love love love COLDWATER CREEK Jeans........stretchy and are generous in sizes. Check their website out for great deals if you dont have a store near you!

vwpamperedchef said:
I love love love COLDWATER CREEK Jeans........stretchy and are generous in sizes. Check their website out for great deals if you dont have a store near you!
LOL - I just got my order in the mail today - I got a pair on clearance, usually $74.50, and I got them for $14.99! (AND FREE SHIPPING!!!)

raebates said:
You have my sympathies, Andrea. I always become emotionally attached to jeans that fit me well.

i have the problem with loving my jeans so much i wear holes in the thighs where they rub together.

now theres a mental image for ya.

I'm all into being crafty lately and the first thing that I thought when I was read this was, ooh, you could turn them into a bag! I try not to get too attached to my clothes. Without fail, as soon as I dub something my favorite it gets torn or stained or lost!

OMG! This is so funny!

My favorite pair of jeans just gave up the ghost on me today. I noticed a hole in between my legs, where fat has worn the fabric to nothing.

Of to the fatgirl store tomorrow for a new pair!

LOL you guys crack me up! Great news! I got a new pair of jeans tonight, and they fit even better then the pair I lost! woohoo to that! I also got a pair of black slacks for work since the ones I wore today, I noticed at the store were super faded. I also got two really cute tops on clearance. I tried one on and it fit perfectly, so I grabbed another off the shelf, I got home and tried it on, it's sooooooo low cut that I can not wear it to work unless I wear a tank top under it, but thats not a problem, I own a million tanks.

Yippee! I went to Gordman's. I love their fashion plus section. I was kind of upset though, I tried on a pair of khakis, and they could button, but I was sucking in pretty hard, so I went back to the rack and they didn't have the next size up. I can never find khakis. I may look at some of the sites you all mentioned.

:)

thecougchef said:
i have the problem with loving my jeans so much i wear holes in the thighs where they rub together.

now theres a mental image for ya.

OMG! Me too! I can thank my Mother for my Thunder Thighs.

I got desperate last winter and tried to sew the holes shut so I could still wear them. Just an FYI - don't do this, you end up with hour-glass thighs.:yuck:

LOL!!! I have a pair of jeans (the last pair that ripped out) I STILL wear them, the kids get tired of seeing my undies on the weekend, but I can not part with those... not at all. I keep forgetting when I'm at the store to buy and iron on patch that I can apply to the inside to atleast help keep them closed. They are my cleaning and yard work jeans now.

Oh good! I didn't want to fess that I still wear them around the house. LOL

I think it's funny when my bf's friends pop by for a visit. at first they were like ummm ryan... does she know her pants are ripped, now they are like whatever... I'll wear them in public if I have to run to the store or something, but I make sure to wear a long shirt, or just don't bend over, thats the only time you can tell.

Related to Replacing My Favorite Jeans: A Shopping Adventure

What makes ":( My Favorite Jeans..." unique?

":( My Favorite Jeans..." are crafted with a special blend of high-quality denim that provides both comfort and durability. They also feature a flattering fit that accentuates your natural curves.

What sizes are available for ":( My Favorite Jeans..."?

These jeans are available in a wide range of sizes, from petite to plus size, to ensure that every woman can find the perfect fit for her body type.

How do I care for ":( My Favorite Jeans..."?

To keep your jeans looking great, we recommend washing them inside out in cold water and hanging them to dry. Avoid using harsh detergents and fabric softeners, as they can damage the fabric and affect the fit.

Can I dress up ":( My Favorite Jeans..." for a night out?

Yes! These jeans are versatile and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Pair them with a stylish blouse and heels for a chic and sophisticated look.

Are ":( My Favorite Jeans..." only available in one color?

No, these jeans come in a variety of washes and colors to suit your personal style. From classic blue to trendy black or white, there's a color for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
peichef
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
momoftwins
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies